Off Topic or not Off Topic? The LTT Debate.

via

MOD NOTE, quoted from http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/432470-off-topic-or-not-off-topic-the-ltt-debate/?p=5798409

OK. Since this thread has turned to utter feces, I'm closing it. Couple of things:

• As always: discussion is allowed, personal attacks are NOT.
  • If you see a thread which should not have been posted/breaches the CoC/is somehow not tolerable... Report it to the mods, afterwards, IGNORE THE BLOODY THING. How hard is it to grasp this concept? Don't go posting "this is a shit thread", or "this is against the CoC". We have a specific section in the CoC which forbids specifically that. The mods will handle it.
  • If you have an issue with a member... Report them to the mods, afterwards, IGNORE THEM. How hard is it to grasp this concept? Don't go creating threads for the sole purpose of publicly shouting how much you hate them. We have a specific section in the CoC which forbids specifically that. The mods will handle it.
Lastly, remember that we (the mods) are here to help. We are here to clean up the crap and handle disputes. Give us work, we crave for it. BUT give us work by making reports, NOT by making threads like these or "being a dick".

it seems like every time i try to make a thread in off topic i get harassed by the fun police that it is "not productive" or "tech related". in my opinion, there shouldnt be a thread labeled "off topic" if you aren't willing to have some "non productive" posts. In fact, it even states "Non-Tech related content only please!" right under it. 

offtopic.png

yet, the " posting guidelines " state "3 - The Off-Topic section IS for productive threads that may not fall into one of the already laid out sections of the forum. At all times though, this is a tech centered and focused forum."  where is the truth?  my off topic posts seem to always get complained about just because they aren't about graphics cards or whatever. yet, they all follower the actual rules stated here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/95599-linus-tech-tips-forum-code-of-conduct/ which were made by an actual forum admin, cough cough ill get to that later.

so, in my opinion, you should either remove the off topic thread option all together, or fix the so called "off topic guidelines" to adhere to a more fair set of guidelines because it is a vital part of the forum and it keeps the forum interesting when you dont want to talk about graphics cards 24 hours a day. i also find it important to point out that the self-nicknamed fun police (people who have alot of posts, yet no recognition by the staff, who think they can boss people around as if they are staff) need to stop parading every post looking for a reason to flag people down, and let the admins and moderators do their job. certain individuals on this site seem to think they have a title that lets them control peoples posting habits, even if they follow all official guidelines. as a member of this forum, we are not obligated to take orders from other members, as long as we are following all the rules put in place by admins.

<removed some personal attacks>

Edited by MG2R

EVGA GTX 970 - i5 4460 - Enthoo Pro M

you know you posted this in wrong section

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

i think productive means something that was posted with a purpose and not just for the sake of posting 

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

I made a review of a window. Got locked. Was posted in off topic. The mods agree with the people. And I agree with you.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

OMFG that reply tho (before the edit). Wish I could like 1b times.

Wat.

All I said was that you can't post anything you feel like. Nothing against what you posted. But okay. Rawr. Fear me.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

But TECHNICALLY this should be in off topic, non tech related. Like levent said

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

We should have a Meta subforum where we can make threads about making threads...

edit: this thread belongs to off-topic imo...

you know you posted this in wrong section

No. this is a general discussion topic. 

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

No. this is a general discussion topic. 

It's not tech related though. It's forum related. It technically should be in the forum suggestions. Also, posting this in General Discussion adds to the "fun polices" post count.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Those blur skillz tho

Because blanking out the ay in alwaysFSX is going to help, like everybody on these forums knows him dickhead

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

I cause everything, let it be known.

Rich+people+i+m+white+but+_1ea1ee2563c73

2418998-amused_abraham.jpg

FK THE FUN POLICE! !!!1!

*pop pop*

Because blanking out the ay in alwaysFSX is going to help, like everybody on these forums knows him dickhead

OH OH OH, can I be Captain Dickhead?!

Hahaha

I made a review of a window. Got locked. Was posted in off topic. The mods agree with the people. And I agree with you.

The window or the thread?

System: Thinkpad T460

I cause everything, let it be known.

2418998-amused_abraham.jpg

*pop pop*

OH OH OH, can I be Captain Dickhead?!

Thank you frog :P

I fix computers and computer accessories... sometimes... when I want to...

you havent seen dickhead in this forum lol, you should have seen Sawcasm (I miss him everyday)

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

snip

of all the flavours in the world , why did you choose to be so salty ;P 

lmao those blur skills tho 

@AlwaysFSX is basicly ther closest thing the thread has to a mod that does their job (bang bang shots fired at useless mods jk calm down yall there not that bad) 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

you havent seen dickhead in this forum lol, you should have seen Sawcasm (I miss him everyday)

Oh if only Sarcasm could see this..

of all the flavours in the world , why did you choose to be so salty ;P 

lmao those blur skills tho 

@AlwaysFSX is basicly ther closest thing the thread has to a mod that does their job (bang bang shots fired at useless mods jk calm down yall there not that bad) 

Oh well don't get me in trouble man.. :P

Oh if only Sarcasm could see this..

Oh well don't get me in trouble man.. :P

lol sorry xD , i always poke and prod the mods ect , my apologies if yall get flak from me in advance :P 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

@AlwaysFSX you really need to get a hobby dude, all you do is sit around and type on the forums. And when you're not, you're hanging out with some gay white/mexican guy who has an obsession with his girlfriend :/

I fix computers and computer accessories... sometimes... when I want to...