What have you done (Tech Related) today?

Joshndroid

I turned on my pc

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

isn't your dollar better than ours (AUS$) against the US at the moment? 

Considering i live in NZ i use NZD not US.

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

I'm listening to music so loud that I can kinda hear it outside, and the plastic wrap covers on the furnace vents are moving.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Considering i live in NZ i use NZD not US.

I'm guessing you don't understand what i was getting at with my comment. Disregard

I just bought the Asus Zenfone 2 so I'm transferring all of my photos, videos, and music onto it.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

I just bought the Asus Zenfone 2 so I'm transferring all of my photos, videos, and music onto it.

How do u find it? You going to root & custom ROM?

How do u find it? You going to root & custom ROM?

I just got it about 2 hours ago. It's an extremely good priced phone. Also every tech channel on Youtube gave it thumbs up. I need to get use to it first before I decide to do stuff to it, I came from a Blackberry.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

dropping the bass. + Rendering.

my i3 cries everytime.

w8VWhlB.jpg

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

So today,

Firstly pulled the 3tb hard drive from my barely/disused nas and put it in my backup/media pc. Manually 'sync' the files between the now 2 x 3tb drives with plans to setup a sync between the drives once a week.

noticed that my OC has been a bit weird on the media pc and dont like that i was increasing the voltage as a temp fix. So i tried to back it off and find a good voltage for 4.3Ghz on the G3528. was having some issues, so did some googling and eventually went back to stock. Installed easy tune to assist in find a 'dirty' OC that i could play with the voltages. Well that screwed booting up and spent an hour trying to get back into the bios to boot with a recovery usb i had to create from another pc. Had never used any windows based program for OC at all due to all the negativity around them. Safe to say i wont ever be touching that crap again. Managed to get pc up and running again.

Then played around with the mild QoS bandwidth control in the TpLink C7 here at home, kinda crappy control but set the media pc to have high priority over the bandwidth due to having some playback issue when others are on the net. Already have some devices set static IP's on the router so i know what they are and who they are, but may set up a little grouping system so i can further set bandwidth controls better.

defragged a couple of hard drives with defraggler and done some searching for some little projects i can do with my raspberry pi 2 that will be here tomorrow.

Shouted obscenities at my pc when the open source drivers for nvidia gpus refused to work..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I install a new game on my iPhone

Amazing!

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

troubleshooting problem with my internet connection to find out i forgot to plug in my ethernet cable

Received my raspberry pi 2 and begun to play managed to get lubuntu on it, runs pretty well. Tried out openelec but can't seem to get Upnp to work with open elect/kodi to stream from local networked USB.

.....pissed about on the internet, watching DBZ Abridged.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I've been up to all sorts today... Mainly customising a distribution of linux for the first time :P

Received my raspberry pi 2 and begun to play managed to get lubuntu on it, runs pretty well. Tried out openelec but can't seem to get Upnp to work with open elect/kodi to stream from local networked USB.

Is the USB plugged into the Pi or is it connected over the network?

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

Today I took apart a X220 to check if the X230 motherboard that will be arriving in a couple of days is compatible.

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

I took my laptop apart to change thermal paste. After putting it back together it did not booted... It's such a crappy feeling.
Problem: RAM wasn't pushed in to it's slot all the way to the end. 

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

I took my laptop apart to change thermal paste. After putting it back together it did not booted... It's such a crappy feeling.

Problem: RAM wasn't pushed in to it's slot all the way to the end. 

Ahhh the last time this happened to me I was in a library. The thing kept beeping and wouldn't stop. I got kicked out >.>

Speedtests

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

CPU             i5-4430S

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

Quotes of Fame

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

I've reinstalled Antergos on my Linux box, was removing my ATI Gpu and installed inteldrivers.... well let's say, re-install was a lot quicker than go through this hassle ^^'

Then I set up Kodi on my RasPi2. And I bought a Laptop Stand for my macbook and two DP cables to connect it to two monitors when working. 

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Is the USB plugged into the Pi or is it connected over the network?

It's connected over the network. I know the upnp works fine as I have it on my windows computers and on android phones/tabs (all using kodi). The WiFi USB works in lubuntu mSD card setup for surfing and I can connect to the WiFi in the other kodi mSD card setup just can't see the upnp. Is there a further add-on I might be missing. Apart from that I can't believe how small and easy it is to use.

It's connected over the network. I know the upnp works fine as I have it on my windows computers and on android phones/tabs (all using kodi). The WiFi USB works in lubuntu mSD card setup for surfing and I can connect to the WiFi in the other kodi mSD card setup just can't see the upnp. Is there a further add-on I might be missing. Apart from that I can't believe how small and easy it is to use.

Hmm. Can the device that is hosting the UPnP server also host a SMB server? I know Kodi works with those perfectly. Is the Pi running Kodi plugged into any network switch?

Speedtests

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

CPU             i5-4430S

Spoiler

Type            Server

Quotes of Fame

Hmm. Can the device that is hosting the UPnP server also host a SMB server? I know Kodi works with those perfectly. Is the Pi running Kodi plugged into any network switch?

Yeah it can but I have had issues with smb so I run it as a media server and ftp server through the router. I used to use a dlink 320l but that caused far to many issues than its worth. No the pi just has a USB WiFi dongle and a USB connector for the wireless mouse/keyboard. Only other thing plugged in is the msd card and power cord. Will endeavour to have a play today

Yeah it can but I have had issues with smb so I run it as a media server and ftp server through the router. I used to use a dlink 320l but that caused far to many issues than its worth. No the pi just has a USB WiFi dongle and a USB connector for the wireless mouse/keyboard. Only other thing plugged in is the msd card and power cord. Will endeavour to have a play today

Ah okay. I might set up a UPnP server later and see if I can replicate the problem on my Pi (it's not running Kodi though, I have that installed on my laptop)

Speedtests

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

CPU             i5-4430S

Spoiler

Type            Server

Quotes of Fame

Ah okay. I might set up a UPnP server later and see if I can replicate the problem on my Pi (it's not running Kodi though, I have that installed on my laptop)

dont worry, cracked the shits and nuked the settings on router, played around and managed to get the smb server working sweet. Also seem to have more content using smb as well as before with upnp the music i had only showed approx first couple thousand song from then on it just would not show. So all in all cheers i got a better outcome then before and now changing all my devices kodi setup to smb lol