Crytek Pulls websites

GhettoUnboxings

http://crytek.com

THIS SITE IS CURRENTLY OFFLINE

We recently became aware of suspicious activity relating to some of Crytek's websites, and acted quickly to take those websites offline for security reasons.

We thank you for your patience, and expect to have these sites fully operational soon.

Wait, what suspicious activities were taking place?? 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

Cephs, oh dear god.

Spoiler

Tantō

• Case: NZXT Switch 810
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Professional
  • Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77
  • Central Processing Unit: Intel Ivy Bridge i7-3770K
  • Random-Access Memory: Corsair Vengeance 4x8 GB DDR3 1866 MHz
  • Graphics Processing Unit: Aorus GeForce 1080 Ti
  • Power Supply Unit: Corsair Professional Series AX750
  • Cooling: NZXT Kraken X52
  • Storage: AData S599 60GB + AData SU650 500GB + WDC Blue 1TB +AData SU800 1TB
  • Keyboard: CoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro S
  • Mouse: Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB + CoolerMaster Master RGB Hard Gaming Mousepad
  • Audio: Logitech 2.5 Speakers + Feenix Aria + Bose In-Ears
  • Monitors: 2x Acer Predator XB271HU
  • Thread Link
Spoiler

Shuko

• Device Model: Samsung S20+
  • Operating System: Android 10
  • Read-Only Memory: One UI  2.1
  • Kernel: Stock

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1264-overclocking-guides/'>My Intel Ivy Bridge Overclocking Guide

It seems the main website (Crytek.com) is not the only being pulled down.

So far I've found Crytek.com, Mycryengine.com, Crydev.com and MyCrysis.com to be offline.

This problem seems pretty big.

Guess we have to wait for Crytek to post a statement.

It seems the main website (Crytek.com) is not the only being pulled down.

So far I've found Crytek.com, Mycryengine.com, Crydev.com and MyCrysis.com to be offline.

This problem seems pretty big.

Guess we have to wait for Crytek to post a statement.

What happened? 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

Maximum offline mode

Cooler Master 690 II Advanced - I5 2500K @ 4.5Ghz - Geil Enhance Plus 1750Mhz 8Gb - ASUS ENGTX 570 DCUII - MSI Z68aGD65 - Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B - Samsung 830 128gb and Crucial m4 128gb - much other stuff not worth mentioning

What happened? 

I have no idea actually, think we have to wait for Crytek to communicate what kind of problem this is.

I have no ideo actually, think we have to wait for Crytek to communicate what kind of problem this is.

Weird. Must be Ceph 

Maybe they are releaseing Cryengine 3.5 or Crysis 3 Mod SDK because everybody is waiting for Months now and there was a 50mb Patch for Crysis 3 and they said they wouldn't bring any more patches.

RTX2070OC 

Update: someone on Reddit posted this e-mail he supposably got from Crytek.

Dear cris9696,   We recently became aware of suspicious activity relating to some of Crytek’s websites, and acted quickly to take those websites offline for security reasons.

The sites listed below are currently offline:

Crytek.com

Mycryengine.com

Crydev.net

MyCrysis.com

The following Crytek sites remain online and are not affected by these issues:

GFACE.com

Crysis.com

Warface.com

If you have an account at crydev.net or mycrysis.com, you will be asked to change your password next time you log in. If you use your current password anywhere else online, we would also suggest that you reset it at those sites.

We are working on getting all websites fully operational again as soon as possible. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience.

The Crytek Team

Yer all their sites got defaced yesterday ,so guess they got hacked, isn't this the second time they got hacked?

Sounds like a major security breach... didn't this happen recently to another website as well? If memory serves me right

Damn Alpha Ceph...

Sounds like a major security breach... didn't this happen recently to another website as well? If memory serves me right

This has been happening to every website ever in the last year or so... but I think you're referring to Ubisoft

Damn Alpha Ceph...

This has been happening to every website ever in the last year or so... but I think you're referring to Ubisoft

Oh yes, Ubisoft it was  :P

the apple developer site

The Alpha Ceph decided to payback and take down their website. Hope they will be able to relaunch their website after they finished dealing with the Alpha Ceph. :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Crysis developer Crytek pulled a number of its websites offline last night following the detection of "suspicious activity".

Affected sites included Crytek.com, MyCrysis.com, Crydev.net and MyCryenginge.com. All four are currently inaccessible.

More here: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-05-crytek-pulls-websites-after-suspicious-activity-detected

crytek.png

Character artist in the Games industry.

EA....

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP