Halo 5 Running On PC (MI5)

I was just watching Mission Impossible 5. There was a scene where Halo 5 was showed - running on Windows 10 (ALT + TAB was shown) in Eyefinity or NV Surround. Yes. You read that correctly. It does appear to be running natively on the PC. Also, the gameplay looks different from the beta... probably very close to a final build. Considering that Microsoft put enough effort to make a version of the game that does indeed run on PC, this could be eluding to a PC release. I contacted Xbox Support about this. The agent was away for about 10 minutes... then came back asking me if I would be excited if this were to happen (with a smile face). This is kind of strange and provides stronger evidence. The agent must've been talking to a superior. Voice your thoughts, this is pretty interesting!

All Xbox games should be on PC, I see no reason why Microsoft hasn't done this yet.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

All Xbox games should be on PC, I see no reason why Microsoft hasn't done this yet.

You can stream them, but it's just not the same and it costs you an extra $350 +$60 retail.

Then what's the point of console exclusive games on the Xbox then........

They'd probably make enough money if they dropped Xbox and went full-on PC. It's wasted R/D and I bet they lose money on all Xbox One sales. The requirements for "exclusives" would be pretty low and they could sell low-powered SFF gaming PC's. 

That's what I'm saying. Having exclusives is stupid. You should be able to choose what platform to play on. They can have it be on Xbox and PC if they want to keep it just for Microsoft.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

That's what I'm saying. Having exclusives is stupid. You should be able to choose what platform to play on. They can have it be on Xbox and PC if they want to keep it just for Microsoft.

Pretty sure Microsoft wouldn't do that otherwise they would lose money due to people not buying their consoles for the exclusives.  

Pretty sure Microsoft wouldn't do that otherwise they would lose money due to people not buying their consoles for the exclusives.  

The Xbox One is a lost cause. 

This. Hell I bought my 360 for Halo 4.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

The Xbox One is a lost cause. 

Only ever reason i would buy a Xbox One is Forza and a PS3/4 is Gran Turismo. 

This. Hell I bought my 360 for Halo 4.

I only ever bought a 360 to play Halo Reach (it is probably my favorite game of all time). Now just imagine Reach or any Halo running on an ROG Swift... or an Ultrawide monitor...

Only ever reason i would buy a Xbox One is Forza and a PS3/4 is Gran Turismo. 

Forza gets old really fast.

I don't believe they will loose money because There will still be alot of parents buying their kid a Console because they might not know too much about PC's and just want to get them something cheaper. And if Microsoft set all their dedicated servers they speak so highly about to work with PC as well then friends that prefer to play on PC can play with friends that use their console. This also goes well with their Windows 10 ecosystem that they want everyone to be in.

Spoiler

-

I don't believe they will loose money because There will still be alot of parents buying their kid a Console because they might not know too much about PC's and just want to get them something cheaper. And if Microsoft set all their dedicated servers they speak so highly about to work with PC as well then friends that prefer to play on PC can play with friends that use their console. This also goes well with their Windows 10 ecosystem that they want everyone to be in.

That would be a great idea. I hate not being able to play with my friends. I always feel left out of the conversation (I just play CS:GO all day long).

I doubt Microsoft will do that anytime soon.......even if they did they would probably do something to ruin it like BUY XBOX LIVE. 

That would be a great idea. I hate not being able to play with my friends. I always feel left out of the conversation (I just play CS:GO all day long).

I know what you mean. Firends at work want me to play online with them but then When I tell them I have the game for PC they are like well buy a PS4 or Xbox to play with us. I'm not going to spend $500+ dollars on a console to play 1 game a couple of hours a week When I have 100+ games on my PC.

I doubt Microsoft will do that anytime soon.......even if they did they would probably do something to ruin it like BUY XBOX LIVE. 

I'm not saying they will. I'm just saying it would be better that way. Microsoft knows what people want but refuse to listen.

Spoiler

-

I'm not saying they will. I'm just saying it would be better that way. Microsoft knows what people want but refuse to listen.

Because they all want money.......

I'm going to assume it was just being streamed to windows. I would love to see halo back on pc, and phil spencer seems to be taking xbox and microsoft in that direction, but who knows. We still need to see action not just words.

Selling to the console market? Don't know why people seem to think xbox sales would cease to exist if they supported pc gaming with all their games. Consoles fill a "zero" maintenance gaming market, and its consumers will likely not partake in pc gaming for that reason. Consoles fill a different role in gaming than a pc does, so they will always have a place.

Forza gets old really fast.

still the best sim-cade racer i've ever played

If exclusives weren't profitable for Microsoft they wouldn't exist, but they do which means Microsoft is making enough money off a poorly designed console, no matter how much you whine. I sold my Xbone and won't buy any Microsoft games unless they come to PC (and I hope they do), but consoles do serve a purpose to those who cannot or don't want to afford a proper PC (even with all the problems that a console has, it's still 20 times less troublesome than maintaining a computer).

On topic, as people have already said, it was probably Xbone to Win10 streaming

144Hz goodness

I'm going to assume it was just being streamed to windows. I would love to see halo back on pc, and phil spencer seems to be taking xbox and microsoft in that direction, but who knows. We still need to see action not just words.

Selling to the console market? Don't know why people seem to think xbox sales would cease to exist if they supported pc gaming with all their games. Consoles fill a "zero" maintenance gaming market, and its consumers will likely not partake in pc gaming for that reason. Consoles fill a different role in gaming than a pc does, so they will always have a place.

Idk, it was running in surround and there was an icon for Halo 5 in the taskbar.

I will buy an Xbox One for Halo 5 (and other exclusives) but I would really rather just play them all on PC

On topic, as people have already said, it was probably Xbone to Win10 streaming

Xbone doesn't support triple screen rendering, so it would have to be editing or an actual Halo 5 PC build.

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

Xbone doesn't support triple screen rendering, so it would have to be editing or an actual Halo 5 PC build.

Yep. It'd be damn good editing if it was an illusion. But then again, they would still need to render a whole scene in that aspect ratio and do a ton of other things to it. All evidence leads me to believe that it is a PC build.

Exclusives sell systems.

1. why buy a PC if I can play the same things with the same online community on a cheaper Xbone?

2. why buy the Xbone if I can play the same game on literally any other game system?

It seems hard for us PC gamers to swallow, but yes... consoles typically do get some good games, and more often than not those games are entirely exclusive to that platform.

From a business perspective it's idiotic to push a piece of gaming hardware to the market if all it does is play the same games as your competitor's systems.

Git Gud.