I am starting a YouTube Channel and need to know something.

BetterNameThanYours

The age thing is die to your approach to games. You will interpret and manage games on a level of someone much younger than those games you're playing are aimed -- bit wait...

What games are you planning on recording?

I preordered the collectors edition for Fallout 4, some GTA V, maybe Crysis 3, and Battlefeild 4? And no, I don't interpret games like other kids do, Mojang completely ruined the definition of "server" to all 8 year olds with a PC.

... Hand me downs are kind of hard to get, considering my parents don't have anything to say is a "Hand-me-down".

Then get creative. My first PC was bodged together from parts from the local scrapyard. Ask your school if they have some PCs they want to get rid off. Stuff like that

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

Then get creative. My first PC was bodged together from parts from the local scrapyard. Ask your school if they have some PCs they want to get rid off. Stuff like that

Also did that, my pc is made up of parts from the side of the road. (Rain is fine if the parts aren't receiving power, but then there's corrosion...)

Personally as a person who has his own youtube channel, if you like to put out videos for others do it. However, I did notice that when I got older and school started to consume my life more I didn't have time to think about youtube. I am back at putting up videos these past couple days, but it is a lot of work to get the footage then editing it. FYI once you start youtube and put up videos you think you are going to get views, but you won't. You have to wait and keep making videos for people to notice you.

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Personally as a person who has his own youtube channel, if you like to put out videos for others do it. However, I did notice that when I got older and school started to consume my life more I didn't have time to think about youtube. I am back at putting up videos these past couple days, but it is a lot of work to get the footage then editing it. FYI once you start youtube and put up videos you think you are going to get views, but you won't. You have to wait and keep making videos for people to notice you.

The odds of people noticing you increase the longer you have videos up, wouldn't you think?

The odds of people noticing you increase the longer you have videos up, wouldn't you think?

Yes it does take time. It took me 2 years to get one of my videos to be noticed. Also that might not even be the case, if your video doesn't help or entertain the viewers you won't generate much views with time. I has 1 video made 2 years ago that got more than 30k views, but another who only got 77 over a 2 year time. 

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

I am so like you!

Yes it does take time. It took me 2 years to get one of my videos to be noticed. Also that might not even be the case, if your video doesn't help or entertain the viewers you won't generate much views with time. I has 1 video made 2 years ago that got more than 30k views, but another who only got 77 over a 2 year time. 

Then you probably need to change things up a bit. Just like products, you know they got it right when the product doesn't change.

I preordered the collectors edition for Fallout 4, some GTA V, maybe Crysis 3, and Battlefeild 4? And no, I don't interpret games like other kids do, Mojang completely ruined the definition of "server" to all 8 year olds with a PC.

I can't say I've seen an 11 year old with an intellect of someone aged 18; but whatever, I'll take it with a grain of salt. I don't wish to patronise you. I thought I was quite above my peers in terms of maturity back in my younger years, but I look back and realise how I was just another of them, that's all. Food for thought.

Also... I think you're way under the age limit for those games. It's illegal in some countries for those to be sold to people your age; so even if you are as mentally entitled as you sound, your age limits you even before viewer base. However, I don't know where you live and don't have the energy to confirm laws in any country other than my own right now. I can't really comment past that. I can't really say I avoided those games either, bit only really started playing them at 13 - just If I want an opinion of a game for 18 and over, Im going to watch someone that age, not someone way under it.

(i apologise if I conveyed my opinion in a patronising manner anyway)

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

I am so like you!

If you are doing Folding At Home, then you probably have a good PC, either that or I don't fully understand how that works, I'll have to look into that.

I can't say I've seen an 11 year old with an intellect of someone aged 18; but whatever, I'll take it with a grain of salt. I don't wish to patronise you. I thought I was quite above my peers in terms of maturity back in my younger years, but I look back and realise how I was just another of them, that's all. Food for thought.

Also... I think you're way under the age limit for those games. It's illegal in some countries for those to be sold to people your age; so even if you are as mentally entitled as you sound, your age limits you even before viewer base. However, I don't know where you live and don't have the energy to confirm laws in any country other than my own right now. I can't really comment past that.

(i apologise if I conveyed my opinion in a patronising manner anyway)

Let's just say, it's leagal where I live.

Let's just say, it's leagal where I live.

I can't really say I avoided those games either, but only really started playing them at 13; although it doesn't matter, because nowadays the case is that If I want an opinion of a game for 18 and over, Im going to watch someone that age, not someone way under it. I don't believe that's just my preference.

I tend to compare how I played CoD at 13 and how I played it more recently - a common comparison. I used to get so agitated by every little kill or how I never seem to improve, now I shrug it of and an actually decent. This is what I mean by "interpret and manage": however, again, you say you're not a typical 11 year old and you sure don't type like one... Possible honour roll student or child genius? Or you're just plain decent at English for your age. Woops, now im probing. Sorry.

P.S. Word is Legal, not Leagal.

P.P.S. I'm a grammar Nazi.

Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

Oooh, look what I found! Firewire ports!

That's great for connecting cameras. Although I believe it's more high end stuff. Lower end stuff uses USB (IIRC)

I can't really say I avoided those games either, but only really started playing them at 13; although it doesn't matter, because nowadays the case is that If I want an opinion of a game for 18 and over, Im going to watch someone that age, not someone way under it. I don't believe that's just my preference.

I tend to compare how I played CoD at 13 and how I played it more recently - a common comparison. I used to get so agitated by every little kill or how I never seem to improve, now I shrug it of and an actually decent. This is what I mean by "interpret and manage": however, again, you say you're not a typical 11 year old and you sure don't type like one... Possible honour roll student or child genius? Or you're decent at English for your age. Woops, now in probing. Sorry.

P.S. Word is Legal, not Leagal.

P.P.S. I'm a grammar Nazi.

Finally someone who understands! And thanks for pointing that out. If I have a camera by then I will do an unboxing. (I preordered Fallout Anthology, too)

That's great for connecting cameras. Although I believe it's more high end stuff. Lower end stuff uses USB (IIRC)

I know, I used to take my mom's broken cameras, plug them in, remove the photos, and take them apart.

I'm not buying that this kid is 11.

If I could I would post a picture of myself, I am not reluctant considering I am trying to create a youtube channel with my face all over it.

NuroKnight, if I wasn't 11, I would be at a part-time job working my butt off and wouldn't be typing right now.

I am trying to start a YouTube Channel SIMILAR to linus' (25% Gaming 50% Tech %25 Whatever the viewer wants) , I, however am 11 years old. As my age implies, I can't get a job and fund the YouTube Channel. (Get and editing rig, camera, studio, etc) What should I do? Make a Kickstarter campaign?

I am gonna be straight with you.

Do not start a kickstarter campaign. Start small, get a decent low end camera Sony Handycam $150-200 USD or something equivalent. Begin with common things and move on from there. It will take time and experience to get the show you want to produce. Do your homework and make to script out your reviews before taping and editing.

Your age will be a factor and it will take time before any will start watching you unfortunately because of your age. No body thinks or says you are stupid. Show us in your videos you are knowledgeable and can get the point across with your explanations. Chose a focus group to center your videos on. In most cases you will do best to target younger people as you will be more accepted due to your age. As you improve overtime older folk may and will start watching as they see you have quality material to watch. Chose a theme/style to use, try multiple themes until you find one you like and can slip into easily on camera.

Lastly listen to the audience that responds positively and continue doing what they suggest. There are other YouTube people that contribute to your growth with constructive criticism as well.

Do not be dissuaded from something you want to do. Make the show your own. As you grow invest in better equipment, more content. Time will tell how you succeed. Your audience will be the deciding factor. Who knows you may do well in the first few weeks or it may take a year of only 100 followers to succeed. Aim for the sky and see what happens.

Hope this helps.  ;)

*edit

Don't get sucked into pointless arguments over what you want to do or what you will do, it ruins your credibility and will give to those that argue your age as the big downfall.

Maybe @LinusTech will be willing to give you some pointers. 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Maybe I can turn the gaming PC that MSI is giving away on twitter into an Editing PC.....

You don't have to turn it into anything just use it as an Editing PC xD

I am gonna be straight with you.

Do not start a kickstarter campaign. Start small, get a decent low end camera Sony Handycam $150-200 USD or something equivalent. Begin with common things and move on from there. It will take time and experience to get the show you want to produce. Do your homework and make to script out your reviews before taping and editing.

Your age will be a factor and it will take time before any will start watching you unfortunately because of your age. No body thinks or says you are stupid. Show us in your videos you are knowledgeable and can get the point across with your explanations. Chose a focus group to center your videos on. In most cases you will do best to target younger people as you will be more accepted due to your age. As you improve overtime older folk may and will start watching as they see you have quality material to watch. Chose a theme/style to use, try multiple themes until you find one you like and can slip into easily on camera.

Lastly listen to the audience that responds positively and continue doing what they suggest. There are other YouTube people that contribute to your growth with constructive criticism as well.

Do not be dissuaded from something you want to do. Make the show your own. As you grow invest in better equipment, more content. Time will tell how you succeed. Your audience will be the deciding factor. Who knows you may do well in the first few weeks or it may take a year of only 100 followers to succeed. Aim for the sky and see what happens.

Hope this helps.  ;)

*edit

Don't get sucked into pointless arguments over what you want to do or what you will do, it ruins your credibility and will give to those that argue your age as the big downfall.

Maybe @LinusTech will be willing to give you some pointers.

I am on it, have been for a while, what should I do for my channel image on YouTube? I don't want to make it a grayscaled image of my face, like Linus' image, if I did, that would ruin originality and possibly earn a few lawsuits down the road. And like I said I don't care what people say about me, my channel, or my age. However, if it is constructive, then I may be able to do something about it.

I am on it, have been for a while, what should I do for my channel image on YouTube? I don't want to make it a grayscaled image of my face, like Linus' image, if I did, that would ruin originality and possibly earn a few lawsuits down the road. And like I said I don't care what people say about me, my channel, or my age. However, if it is constructive, then I may be able to do something about it.

Link your channel. Ill look and if I have any ideas ill post 'em.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Kickstarter campaign? Absolutely not. I don't think anyone would pay for a startup of a new tech/gaming channel, especially for your age. Also, don't beg anyone for money. You should probably start saving money for a channel in the future, probably when you're 14/15.

For a 12 year old like myself, I attempted to make a tech/gaming channel, but I realized that it would be pretty boring since I probably buy 1 tech item every 3 months xD

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub