Poll: How and at which speed are you connected to the internet?

ImFromSweden1

How is your home connected to the internet?

I'm connected to the internet via fibre (fiber) which I got back in October 2014, for a price of around $3000.

What is your internet speed?

My internet speed is at 100 Mb/s, with a monthly cost of around $40.

Main PC: CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.4GHz | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW | RAM: HyperX Savage 2x8 @ 2400MHz | SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | HDD: WD Black 2TB | Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D | PSU: Corsair RM550 | Monitor: Acer Predator GN246HLBbid 144Hz 24"

we pay for 15, we get 17 direct connected to router,

We pay about 60 Q~Q

Running ADSL2+ about 1.8km away from the exchange.

Speed varies but it's mostly 16/0.8.

Paying for 30 down but comcast doubled the Internet speed of everyone in the bay area (San fransisco and San Jose) to 60, but lately we've been getting 90+ mbps for no reason and it's staying that way. We pay 25$ per month

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

15/1 for 80$/month

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

How is your home connected to the internet?

I'm connected to the internet via fibre (fiber) which I got back in October 2014, for a price of around $3000.

What is your internet speed?

My internet speed is at 100 Mb/s, with a monthly cost of around $40.

First off.... $3000 to get fibre installed?? Jeeze! My ISP (Telus) switched my whole town over to Fibre for free.

Secondly, by the posts I've been reading on here, I'm realizing how much the Canadian ISP's screw over their customers in price. 100mb/s here is 90$/month

I'm kind of interested in the LTT internet connection and ISP. I noticed in one of their recent videos on the move to the new office, that they did a speed test and they where getting something crazy like 200 mb/s

In my limited experience, an ISP in Canada that provides that is kinda hard to come by, it would probably have to be a special request... I wonder what that costs them a month

I have a direct fiber line to the isp and I get 300Mbs down 30 up with a ping of around 7 to 16

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

It's meant to be 24mbps down and 1.5mbps up, but at best I only get around 8mbps down and 1mbps up.

I pay a whopping $90 AUD a month for that with a data cap of 500GB, and given where I am there's no option that's cheaper that can guarantee me ADSL as well so yeah.. But the government keeps telling me I can expect their Fraudband internet by September 2016, so yay I hope.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

100 mbps symmetric, $54.99/mo. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I get around 50-60mbps down and 6-7mbps up on a copper connection. Apparently my family is only paying for 25mbps down (which is still around $70 in our area), so I guess I can thank burstable bandwidth and a lack of young kids hogging the shared bandwidth in my neighborhood.

CPU - Intel i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 (Rev 2.0) | RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB (2x8) DDR3-1866 | Storage - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD | Graphics Card - EVGA GeForce GTX 980ti SC | Case - Fractal Design Define R5 w/Window (Black) | PSU - EVGA 750W B2 | Display - Acer K272HUL | Keyboard - E-Element RGB | Mouse - Logitech g502 | Sound - Klipsch ProMedia 2.1/Fostex TH-x00/Sennheiser HD595

Right now I'm staying at a hotel where I get .7mbps... It's free since I am not paying for the hotel so meh

Soon I will be getting ~900mbps down and ~600mbps up and it costs ???? since it's all bundled in to room&board

CPU:  Intel i7-4790K      Cooler:  Noctua NH-D14     GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1070 TI MINI     Motherboard:  ASUS Z97 Gryphon     RAM:  32GB G Skill Trident X     

Storage: 2x 512GB Samsung 850 EVO (RAID 0) / 2TB Seagate Barracuda     PSU: 850W EVGA SuperNova G2     Case: Fractal Design Node 804

120 mbps, not sure about the upload

15€/month

4/1 mbps 11€/month at parents house

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5-4690K | Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: Kingston Savage 4x4GB | GPU: Asus Strix GTX970 | PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 Evo | Storage: MX100 128GB + WD Blue 1TB | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 evo | Case: NZXT H440

It's meant to be 24mbps down and 1.5mbps up, but at best I only get around 8mbps down and 1mbps up.

I pay a whopping $90 AUD a month for that with a data cap of 500GB, and given where I am there's no option that's cheaper that can guarantee me ADSL as well so yeah.. But the government keeps telling me I can expect their Fraudband internet by September 2016, so yay I hope.

WOW, and I thought we had it bad in canada! 24mbps for 90$ AUD is insane!!!

I believe they use iTel (read it some-ware)

That would make sense. itel is a BC (Canada) company and so is LMG.

Some wimax shiz (wireless), and 6Mb/s max. It's out half the time though. The price for living in the middle of Kansas. Can't even get DSL.

I don't do signatures.

Fiber, 1000/1000 plus tv and a landline at 55 a month.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W