Lenovo announced new mobile workstations with the new Xeon chip and Thunderbolt 3

Today at the SIGGRAPH 2015 Conference and Exhibition, Lenovo unveiled some new mobile workstations. The new ThinkPad P series are aimed at high-end professionals who need a lot of compute on the go. There are two models, with the P50 being a 15.6-inch version, which is a follow-on to the W541. The larger P70 features a 17.3-inch display. Both can pack some serious specifications under the hood.

Carousel_678x452.jpg

Thinkpad_P50_System%20almost%20closed_57

Thinkpad_P70_Close%20up%20of%20keyboard_

I thinks this is the first laptop to have 4k display in a 17" screen.

Both models, the P50 and P70 going to be powered by Intel Xeon E3-1500M v5, a Skylake processor with 47W TDP and the GPU will be Nvidia QUADRO (Model No unknown). It is going to have 64GB DDR4-2133 ECC memory. <3 

It can have SSD upto 1TB - PCIe

and HDD upto 2TB.

Both the laptop can be configured with FHD IPS or UHD (4k) IPS display with X-Rite Pantone Color Correction.

It even has 2 USB Type-C Thunderbolt 3 ports.

4 USB 3.0, MDP 1.2 port and HDMI 1.4 port.

It has Intel 8260 802.11ac WiFi and Bluetooth 4.11.

Gigabit Ethernet, yeah.

4G sim support.

Here is the specs.

HQIn3IK.jpg

The choice of OS are Windows 10 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro or downgrade rights to Windows 7 Professional, Ubuntu and RHEL. You can choose any one from this.

SOURCE: AnandTech

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

-snip-

After there recent scandals. I don't think I could ever consider purchasing a product from them. 64GB of ECC DDR4 Ram in laptop is cool but useless since you would most likely have a desktop system that would dwarf that laptop in performance. 

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

After there recent scandals. I don't think I could ever consider purchasing a product from them.

What Scandal? I don't know anything about that.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

What Scandal? I don't know anything about that.

Scandal Second time in a row. They haven't changed

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

I just don't really see what kind of market they're aiming these at. Wouldn't somebody that is constantly on the move but needs powerful data crunching be better off with a highly portable machine that can remotely access a normal workstation that wouldn't run out of battery life or encounter thermal throttling issues?

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

I'm kinda disappointed by the lack of HDMI 2.0 (instead of HDMI 1.4). Nvidia's had it on their 900 series for the better part of a year now, isn't it about time the quadros have caught up?

Thx for reminding me that. I will add this to OP.

Kind of disappointed too with the lack of HDMI 2.0, I don't know why it was not featured on notebooks as well...

Thunderbolt 3 already supports HDMI 2.0, just get an adapter and done.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

'That keyboard nipple thing' is called a Track Point and it is the objectively worst pointing device implementation known to man.

FTFY

'That keyboard nipple thing' is called a Track Point and it is the objectively best pointing device implementation known to man.

I liked the Trackpoint especially when the trackpad that came with my old laptop couldn't track my fingers for shit.

It was on an old Toshiba laptop though.

yeah cool, full with Lenovo´s spyware / malware again.

#Lenovo sucks

yeah cool, full with Lenovo´s spyware / malware again.

#Lenovo sucks

Neither Superfish nor  the latest BIOS crapware affected Thinkpads. It's only a problem on Lenovo's consumer lineups. link

And yeah, it's a crappy thing for a company to do, but ruling out Lenovo leaves you with very few choices for professional grade laptops.

Dell and HP are both part of that NSA hardware implant programme, so that only leaves what,  Fujitsu Lifebooks and Toshiba Porteges?

Neither Superfish nor  the latest BIOS crapware affected Thinkpads. It's only a problem on Lenovo's consumer lineups. link

And yeah, it's a crappy thing for a company to do, but ruling out Lenovo leaves you with very few choices for professional grade laptops.

Dell and HP are both part of that NSA hardware implant programme, so that only leaves what,  Fujitsu Lifebooks and Toshiba Porteges?

well im still skeptical.

we shall see.

Whats the quadro I'm kind of interested...

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit