Intel Skylake Processors comes with No Stock Coolers, what are your thoughts on this?

Just found this out, kinda disappointing when you're spending close to $300+ on a flagship CPU you expect it to come with some form of support , Usually this method of distribution is reserved for the extreme line up of processors , What are your thoughts on this? post your opinions below

Edit: Thought about adding a poll to this, but i think your own reply is kinda more valuable & informative

Details separate people.

When you're spending $300+ on a cpu, i wouldn't imagine an extra $40 on a decent air cooler would be an issue... and something you would be buying anyway. 

As an ethusiast, I don't really care. However I can totally see the other POV if someone doesn't want to overclock.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Skylake Unlocked CPUs come with no stock coolers, not all Skylake CPUs. It makes sense to me, if you're buying a CPU like that, you're probably buying a cooler for it anyway. 

Well they're K processors. So unless you just like throwing money away on unlocked processors and then not overclocking them, it really doesn't matter. Especially with good coolers like the 212 evo being so cheap. I've never used a stock cooler even when I don't overclock, it's too cheap not to.

"LTT's official.."STOP. I promise you aren't LTT's official bagel eater or whatever. Trust me. 

good we are finally rid of those horrid stock coolers the only cpu they should be included with is Non K

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

I know everyone will say, stuff about overclocking and stuff and i agree.
Still think they should include one incase you have to wait a couple of days for your new cooler it would be useful to just have a stock cooler for a couple of days. 

dont care. i have plenty that i have never even used. saves weight in postage, the box takes up less room in my cpu box box :P

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

I love overclocking with my stock cooler  :wub:

It's just like cooling a car engine with a handheld fan

/sarcasm 

Just found this out, kinda disappointing when you're spending close to $300+ on a flagship CPU you expect it to come with some form of support , Usually this method of distribution is reserved for the extreme line up of processors , What are your thoughts on this? post your opinions below

Edit: Thought about adding a poll to this, but i think your own reply is kinda more valuable & informative

They know that the K series needs an aftermarket fan or water cooler. Why include the dinky stock fan?

Basically the ratio is the stock cooler has to be at least 1/10 of the cpu price. Those stock coolers are only good for cheap builds with low end parts....

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

I would have liked to see one....  I'm planning my first build with the 6600k and I may not have gotten my cooler at the same time (as I order stuff online and shipping times vary) so having a basic cooling solution to use before I OC would be nice.

IMO I think it should have come with a stock cooler, even if you're not going to use it, at least it can be a backup or use as a temporary cooler. Now that, it does not include a stock cooler, if your cooler is sent back for a RMA, you'll  have to waste money and youself a temporary cooler or wait until your RMA cooler arrives.  As for Intel, they probably save billion on not including stock coolers and yet you pay more for the cpu. :rolleyes:

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

IMO I think it should have come with a stock cooler, even if you're not going to use it, at least it can be a backup or use as a temporary cooler. Now that, it does not include a stock cooler, if your cooler is sent back for a RMA, you'll  have to waste money and youself a temporary cooler or wait until your RMA cooler arrives.  As for Intel, they probably save billion on not including stock coolers and yet you pay more for the cpu. :rolleyes:

It's a waste of material since most aren't going to use the stock cooler. 

Time when you order/buy things. Or wait until everything arrives/wait to buy the parts...

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

It's just the k-series. If you are using a stock cooler on a k cpu you are doing it wrong.

Just the truth.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Realistically speaking, no one buying a K-series CPU was using the stock cooler anyway. But taking it away only helps Intel, it does nothing for us. The stock cooler was at least something we could toss on if we needed to RMA a proper cooler. I can't say I'll miss it, but I'm not celebrating either.

It's a waste of material since most aren't going to use the stock cooler. 

Time when you order/buy things. Or wait until everything arrives/wait to buy the parts...

I'm saying it's great for backup use. Now if your buying parts all together, then yeah wait until all parts arrive, before doing your build.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

No stock cooler and the 6600K is still more expensive than the 4690K in the UK. Nice one, Intel.

The biggest  BURNOUT  fanboy on this forum.

And probably the world.