Anyone else sick of the steam client?

Toddwjp

So the steam client is starting to annoy me, it runs terribly, its UI is a terrible mess. it gives you the bare minimum information about what's its doing. it freezes. half the functions were implemented years ago and haven't received an update it forever yet need one desperately.

Valve have got to be one of the worst companies by know, they may know how to make games but they really need to revamp the steam client. 

SNIP 

its fine for me, never had any issues tbh

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

So the steam client is starting to annoy me, it runs terribly, its UI is a terrible mess. it gives you the bare minimum information about what's its doing. it freezes. half the functions were implemented years ago and haven't received an update it forever yet need one desperately.

Valve have got to be one of the worst companies by know, they may know how to make games but they really need to revamp the steam client. 

mine updated a couple weeks ago but I've honestly never really had a problem with it, never crashes/hangs up.  I dunno about the whole bare minimum info thing, I guess I just dont notice

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

And yet, it's still better than the alternatives.

But to be honest, I haven't experienced any of the problems that you describe. 

And if you have a problem with the UI, there are plenty of skins for Steam. May I recommend Steam Air: http://airforsteam.com/

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Haven't had many problems in years, just don't use the beta versions lol.

-Jay

Everything Evangelion.

Too focused on Dota xD, I have more then one steam account, thats the most annoying part. 

They need to fix some of their games though. 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

wait its still updating.. ill get back to you on that..

At least I don't have to pay for it.

8th gen gaming can blow me 

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

It works fine for me, I still hate it tho. It looks unpleasant, no idea why.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

I have no complaints about it. I use the Metro skin to make it look nicer. 

How did I not know about skins!! Share knowledge please.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

I add myself to the list of users that has no real issues on steam, and I've ran beta clients since 2007, I have 2 accounts and still running ok since 2002.

Regards Elias N Martinez. | Graphic and motion design are my jobs. 3D modeling is my hobby. I do what I enjoy.  Skype: eliasnmartinez1 (please state that you are coming from LTT)

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/05/19/best-steam-skins/

http://www.metroforsteam.com/

If you go to settings > interface on Steam, you can select the skin you want (once the skin has been put in the skins folder, obviously) 

Thanks bro.

Cant believe I was not aware of this! :huh:

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

I think your just  picky   :)

and yea theres skins.

I add myself to the list of users that has no real issues on steam, and I've ran beta clients since 2007, I have 2 accounts and still running ok since 2002.

Check settings and your steam folder, and here. Enjoy!

post-20922-0-09985600-1438871901.pngpost-20922-0-97083000-1438871960.png

post-20922-0-09985600-1438871901.png

post-20922-0-97083000-1438871960.png

Regards Elias N Martinez. | Graphic and motion design are my jobs. 3D modeling is my hobby. I do what I enjoy.  Skype: eliasnmartinez1 (please state that you are coming from LTT)

I hate that in the middle of a game it goes offline and says "steam server currently down for maintenance" and that sometimes it doesn't let me go online and it says check my internet, but my internet is working fine.

I hate that in the middle of a game it goes offline and says "steam server currently down for maintenance" and that sometimes it doesn't let me go online and it says check my internet, but my internet is working fine.

That is server related, I've tested that, and is it common for it to happen on a Tuesday, or randomly?

Only thing I don't like about it is that every now and then when I click on my profile, it will ask for me to sign in. Other than that, it works perfectly fine. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

That is server related, I've tested that, and is it common for it to happen on a Tuesday, or randomly?

random

The only thing I don't like about it is, sometimes when I minimize it, if I click an icon or somewhere random on my desktop it will pop back up (just the once)
But other than that, I love steam.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000