Hazy125

The title is pretty self explanatory, but to clarify settings

-uncompressed

-full frame

-60fps

Recording 2 or more audio inputs

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

I'm guessing very fast.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

About an hour. Its like 1.2 gigs/min I think.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Ehm 60fps - 1080p - uncompressed. 1 min = 4GB (32Minutes)

This also depends on what game/which frames, is it daytime/nighttime (DayZ) +++

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

45 minutes of gameplay I would say.

That's quicker than I thought, I've never worried about it having never had to record to anything with less than 2 or so free terabytes

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

That's quicker than I thought, I've never worried about it having never had to record to anything with less than 2 or so free terabytes

3SvkC.png

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

I used fraps to record a 38minute run in Dragon Nest at 60fps uncompressed, it ate ~230 odd gigs of my HDD, i nearly fainted.

Wow, alright. Thanks guys

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Isn't there an option to stop recording after a certain amount fo space has been filled?

Sarah Jessica Parker

Isn't there an option to stop recording after a certain amount fo space has been filled?

Probably, I haven't looked at FRAPS by itself much. I have associations and crap running from a few different recording programs... My recording starts from a custom batch file. But I don't want it to randomly stop recording 

I am good at computer

Spoiler

oh record something for about 45 min i filled my 1tb up in about 4/5 hour gameplay 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

I'm looking at a 2tb barracuda

I am good at computer

Spoiler

1 minute and 15 seconds of 1080p uncompressed metro 2033 footage is 3,90gigs on my system so i'd say fraps fills up 128gb pretty quickly :P

it might fill up in under an hour

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

If you have the space to record uncompressed, go for it, and then just pass the final result through Handbrake or something, if that's an option for you?

I did that for a few videos I did to showcase my modded Skyrim setup. Took the 5 minute, 20GB video I did down to about 800MB, by using Handbrake's default "High Profile".

Quality stayed quite true to the uncompressed video, so that was a win/win to me!

If you have the space to record uncompressed, go for it, and then just pass the final result through Handbrake or something, if that's an option for you?

I did that for a few videos I did to showcase my modded Skyrim setup. Took the 5 minute, 20GB video I did down to about 800MB, by using Handbrake's default "High Profile".

Quality stayed quite true to the uncompressed video, so that was a win/win to me!

i'll definately have to look into this! my fraps folder is currently at 1,4tb so i would probably only benefit from file compression :P 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

If you got the cpu power use something that compresses as it records. If your uploading this no point to record it in raw format anyways.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

If you got the cpu power use something that compresses as it records. If your uploading this no point to record it in raw format anyways.

The raw format is easier for me to edit

I am good at computer

Spoiler