When will Skylake be available in Europe?

Self-explainatory :D

When will the Skylake processors be available in Europa? To be specific in The Netherlands. I'd like to upgrade my rig in 1 week.. But I want to know if I should maybe wait a week, or a month, or months.  :D

And yes, i know it's going to be showed off in a couple of days, but I'm new in this reveal/retail thing..

Planned upgrade is the i5-6500 / i5-4460 if you need the info.

EDIT: you can close this topic, no usefull information :*(

launch dates are expected to be between august 2015 and januari 2016 for skylake

I know, but I asked for dates..

I guess you'll have to wait until September.

But you know that you've to upgrade your motherboard and also your ram for Skylake? Also the performance improvement is not that great.
I wouldn't upgrade from Haswell to Skylake. In your case it would make more sense to just get an i7-4790k. Should be even a larger performance improvement at a much lower cost.

Self-explainatory :D

When will the Skylake processors be available in Europa? To be specific in The Netherlands. I'd like to upgrade my rig in 1 week.. But I want to know if I should maybe wait a week, or a month, or months.  :D

And yes, i know it's going to be showed off in a couple of days, but I'm new in this reveal/retail thing..

Planned upgrade is the i5-6500 / i5-4460 if you need the info.

Skylake is about a 15% IPC improvement 

So 4460 -> 6500 is about 20% gain. That's not really worth it iMO when for a few bucks more for the 6600k you could be looking at a 50% improvement.

Please, if you think that info is available, Google Is Powerful.

But it isn't, so don't be like that please :P

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

We should find out today.  Every news outlet and his cat has been saying Skylake K chips will launch at Gamescom on August 5th.  Leaked NDA expiry dates seem to be August 5th too.

I am hoping we will get them in the shops this week.