Corsair K70 MX Brown/Blue

http://www.overclock.net/t/1397260/corsair-k70-mx-blue-brown-in-gunmetal-color/20 Post 28

Possibly coming out Aug 5th? I'm excited.

There's also the possibility of them making it in a black version and I think that'd be super cool, with the release date around the end of the year.

I really want the black version but I've already waited so long for the gunmetal! Aiya. :P

So anyone else excited? You going to get it?

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

I just bought a shine 3 so not really but i'm sure it'll be top notch. I wonder why they didn't do more switches before?

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

yay browns!

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

God damn it i really wanted the black version with the browns, but i guess i will have to go with the gunmetal version :(

K95 , Black with red LED's and Brown's, then I'll be excited.

God damn it i really wanted the black version with the browns, but i guess i will have to go with the gunmetal version :(

Yeah me too. I really can't wait anymore!

My previous cheapo keyboard broke and I'm borrowing another keyboard, I sorta have to get the gunmetal one now. :P I really wish they'd release it at the same time.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

The gunmetal is very nice.  Got to see in person.  It won't disappoint.  The only thing I can critique on the K70 are the keycaps.  They're an OK build but the finish on it could be a little better with regards to tactile feel.  Out of all the ABS keycaps my favorite thus far has been the Ducky Shine keycaps.  

My Stuff:  Corsair Obisidan 550D - Phobya Nano-2G 120mm x 5 - Corsair H100i - MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming - Intel 3570K - G.Skill 8GBx2 1866 - EVGA ACX GTX 780 3GB SuperClocked(Step Up to 780 Ti) - Samsung 840 500GB SSD - WD Black 1TB x 2 - LG Blu-ray - ASUS VG248QE + ASUS PB278Q - Corsair M65 with MM400 Pad - Ducky Shine II MX Brown with Gray/White Keycaps - Corsair K70 MX Red - CoolerMaster Quickfire TK MX Brown - Ducky Pro2 MX Blue with Gray PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Clears with Gray/Blue PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Browns with Light Gray and White PBT Keycaps

The gunmetal is very nice.  Got to see in person.  It won't disappoint.  The only thing I can critique on the K70 are the keycaps.  They're an OK build but the finish on it could be a little better with regards to tactile feel.  Out of all the ABS keycaps my favorite thus far has been the Ducky Shine keycaps.  

Agree with everything you say.  Keyacps aren't stellar compared to the rest of the board.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

Apparently there is backorder on the cherry switches for Corsair. I'm really annoyed by this. 

I was expecting to get this keyboard a long time ago and my own keyboard had broken down already in that time. I hope they come out soon.

Silver K70 with Blue LEDs and Blue Switches would be PERFECT kb for me.

I'm expecting that even when it comes out, it'll be sold out in the first hours. They just don't produce enough to meet demand.

The supply of Cherry switches has been hit or miss.  Considering the big buys done by Ducky and other manufacturers it's no surprise.  Especially MX Browns.  When Logitech came out with the G710+ they did some damage to the supply of Browns, CoolerMaster was feeling the crunch from that as were other vendors.  I can only imagine the damage that Ducky did just recently with the Shine 3s.  

On the subject of keycaps, that's really the only thing I can fault the K70 on.  On par with the CoolerMaster keycaps but not near as smooth as the Ducky keycaps.  

My Stuff:  Corsair Obisidan 550D - Phobya Nano-2G 120mm x 5 - Corsair H100i - MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming - Intel 3570K - G.Skill 8GBx2 1866 - EVGA ACX GTX 780 3GB SuperClocked(Step Up to 780 Ti) - Samsung 840 500GB SSD - WD Black 1TB x 2 - LG Blu-ray - ASUS VG248QE + ASUS PB278Q - Corsair M65 with MM400 Pad - Ducky Shine II MX Brown with Gray/White Keycaps - Corsair K70 MX Red - CoolerMaster Quickfire TK MX Brown - Ducky Pro2 MX Blue with Gray PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Clears with Gray/Blue PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Browns with Light Gray and White PBT Keycaps

The supply of Cherry switches has been hit or miss.  Considering the big buys done by Ducky and other manufacturers it's no surprise.  Especially MX Browns.  When Logitech came out with the G710+ they did some damage to the supply of Browns, CoolerMaster was feeling the crunch from that as were other vendors.  I can only imagine the damage that Ducky did just recently with the Shine 3s.  

On the subject of keycaps, that's really the only thing I can fault the K70 on.  On par with the CoolerMaster keycaps but not near as smooth as the Ducky keycaps.  

I suppose it's time for Cherry to expand their business. They need to make more and I'm guessing they have the money now to do so.

I'm expecting that even when it comes out, it'll be sold out in the first hours. They just don't produce enough to meet demand.

Yeah I'm guessing that too. After it comes out I'd probably have to wait a few weeks to get it for myself, especially since I'll be getting it in a retail store and not online. :( Frustrating!

Silver K70 with Blue LEDs and Blue Switches would be PERFECT kb for me.

It'll be gunmetal but they're pretty similar. :P I think it looks nicer than the silver.

yay browns!

My thoughts exactly.  If only this was out a couple months ago, I may have gone with the K70 instead of the Steelseries.  However, I love my reds now.  :)

Corsair 600T (White) | Asus P8 Z68-V Pro | i5 2500k @ 3.3 | Corsair H70 | EVGA GTX 580 SOC | Patriot 1600LL - 4 x 4GB |

Crucial C300 128GB SSD | Western Digital Black 1TB | Corsair AX850 Pro Gold

Give me the browns now.  i'm in pain it's taking so long come on, please corsair  :) .

I have a K70 with reds, its been about 2 weeks and i cant seem to get used to the reds.  I really hoping they come out soon so i can exchange mine.   

• 3 weeks later...

Any news on a release date for the k70 with blue N browns, i rly want a blue switch k70

They are up for order on NewEgg now.  September 16th.

Sweet. Hopefully starts showing up on Canadian e-tailers. -pokes NCIX-

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

So excited! Can't wait to go pick on up at NCIX, still have to wait though. :(