if a prison life kinda game would of been made who would you like it to be made from? Rockstar? or naughty dog? or other?

saiftech

i was thinking, what if a prison life story would of been made who would you think would of been the right guys for the job? Rockstar? naughty dogs? or is there other company that you would like it to be made?

the story is that you are a married father with kid(s) and you are wrongfully accused of murdering someone (which is not reveled till the very end just like the shawshank redemption)

and you are santest for life in prison and the mission in the game is to survive! kinda like the game Bully but only in prison instead of school which i guess is the same thing lol jk

and you come across rapist, murderers and all type of bad people and you get to talk to them and do the missions like deliver this cocaine that was smuggled, or send to kill a sort of guy and if you do these thing then theres a metter that tells you if you were a good or bad guy like in the game red dead redemption, and you also have to get buffed and strong by lifting some muscles like in GTA SA cj to show you are not to be fk'd with! the more you gain the less you get massed with. 

now i know if Rockstar made the game, then the game would of been a open world kinda game but if naughty dog would of made it, it would be strictly for the story-line

so who would you like it to be made by?

and do you like my idea?

The basic plot line is basically the same as the one in The Suffering. Except, The Suffering has ghosts, demons and other paranormal things thrown in.

But I don't really think a prison game would be all that intersting on it's own. It would just feel like a sandbox game, but extremely restricted.

I guess this is why prisons usually play a small roll in games, if they play a roll at all. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Telltale

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Telltale

well that would of made it more strictly for thw story and not that much gameplay sure you'll care about the prisoner but you wont have as much fun

A prison section in a larger open world game maybe. Though the prison section of Mafia 2 was my least favourite bit of the game.

Why does the protagonist have to be an innocent father? Soooo clichéd, and not very believable. 

A prison section in a larger open world game maybe. Though the prison section of Mafia 2 was my least favourite bit of the game.

Why does the protagonist have to be an innocent father? Soooo clichéd, and not very believable. 

well then why dont you give me a unique story of a guy that your playing?

i keep picturing joel from last of us thats why i said a father i guess :) would make a hell of an emotional story 

Have you played Escape from Butcher Bay?

You are in a prison, break some necks and kill some dudes to get out, fun stuff.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

the plot more suitable for stealth action

character are convicted murderer, not  person survive through apocalypse

while violence between prisoner often happen, but stretching to kill another inmates is highly unlikely unless that person is beyond insanity (and beyond that point, those inmates will get transferred to higher security prison)

but again, it's a game, you can make anything with a game

however, I don't think survival genre will fit that plot.

Prison is nothing but a monumental waste of time, sure you may get a little bit of excitement with some gang activity or occasional stabbing here or there but you'll get tired of it pretty quickly and just wish you could fast forward a few years and go home lol

A true prison life style game wouldn't really work with an open world. Remember, prisons is very restricted. If you give the player a lot of freedom, it's going to ruin the immersion, and if you restrict the player too much, it's just going to get annoying.

I think a heavily story driven game with well designed characters, scenes and interactions would work better. A well written dialogue system with decision making could also make it interesting.

Personally I'd rather see a prison life game set in a "prison village". There are some prisons in third-world countries where the inmates live somewhat daily lives inside the prison walls. They're not nearly as restricted as modern prisons, it's pretty much a place to dump criminals. This setting would work with an open-world game since there could be all sorts of interesting people forged by the "anarchy prison". The in mates could be all sorts of people, it'd be interesting since the prison is always watching over them, indifferent to the lives of the inmates and extremely hostile against those who they perceive as a threat. Another thing about this setting is that you can make a culture where the prisoners have to fight for their survival. Trying to be a "good guy" would make you an easy target for brutal personalities and greedy gang lords, effectively giving space for both conflict between characters and developing the main character.

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!

A true prison life style game wouldn't really work with an open world. Remember, prisons is very restricted. If you give the player a lot of freedom, it's going to ruin the immersion, and if you restrict the player too much, it's just going to get annoying.

I think a heavily story driven game with well designed characters, scenes and interactions would work better. A well written dialogue system with decision making could also make it interesting.

Personally I'd rather see a prison life game set in a "prison village". There are some prisons in third-world countries where the inmates live somewhat daily lives inside the prison walls. They're not nearly as restricted as modern prisons, it's pretty much a place to dump criminals. This setting would work with an open-world game since there could be all sorts of interesting people forged by the "anarchy prison". The in mates could be all sorts of people, it'd be interesting since the prison is always watching over them, indifferent to the lives of the inmates and extremely hostile against those who they perceive as a threat. Another thing about this setting is that you can make a culture where the prisoners have to fight for their survival. Trying to be a "good guy" would make you an easy target for brutal personalities and greedy gang lords, effectively giving space for both conflict between characters and developing the main character.

^THIS^

and make it a story on how the MC was framed and was jailed because the justice system is crap and his plans on either escaping or rising to be the 'boss' of the prison community...

Go steal something and experience it for your self... in real 60 fps and no screen tear new device called the human body

Prison life is overexaggerated

nah , you mean 30 fps, eyes only see 30 fps , so 60 fps would be a waste of brain power, better to use more of the brain for shooting and for faster putting money into your bag

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

well then why dont you give me a unique story of a guy that your playing?

i keep picturing joel from last of us thats why i said a father i guess :) would make a hell of an emotional story 

Young guy, troubled upbringing, mother on heroine, crack whatever, father dead or in jail himself. A low level criminal, until one day something goes wrong and he kills someone, someone unpleasant like a dealer or pimp to keep him likeable as a character, and he winds up in jail. It's far more plausible that someone like that would survive in prison, have people in there they knew on the outside who could help them out, until they get established in the pecking order. An innocent father who had nothing to do with that life would just get sexually assaulted in the showers, a lot.