Keybinding a Eyefinity Setup

JefferyD90

I am hopelessly ignorant when it comes to macros and keybindings.  I have generally never found them very helpful because most things that I would want to keybind I can already do just as quickly.

But I do finally have a potential use for something like this.  I have a Logitech G105 Keyboard, and it has 6 "G Keys" that you can program.  Currently I have them set for the standard "Volume Up, Down, Play, Pause" stuff like that.  What I would like to have (at least a few of them do) is change my display configuration!  I have 3 monitors that I like to run in Eyefinity when I am playing games, but I would rather them not be in Eyefinity when I am just doing random things.

I would like "G1" to activate my Eyefinity setup, and I would like "G2" to disable Eyefinity and go back to a standard 3x1 display configuration.  (I use to be able to do this with Windows 8'1 Charm bar, by going to devices then "project" but Windows 10 did away with the Charm bar)

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated!

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

-SNIP-

I'm not sure if that's actually possible since it requires it to open the program and setup the eyefinity displays and bezel corrections, unless there is a piece of software out there that does that and you can key bind it.

I'm not sure how eyefinity is compared to Nvidia surround, but I would recommend you stick with it all the time. When I first set it up it just seemed buggy and I didn't like it. Once I got used to it, it was flawless and I love it.

EDIT: Setting the macros on logitech is easy as hell. Go into the software, click the key you want to program (e.g. G5) then it will come up with a screen for what keystroke you want it to make.

Example, I have one that is Ctrl + Alt + Del. Or Alt + tab, or Alt + F4. It's really that simple.

pro tip. If you play games like arma, or DayZ, set a key to "W" and have it press it infinitely. Boom, easiest autorun macro ever.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

I'm not sure if that's actually possible since it requires it to open the program and setup the eyefinity displays and bezel corrections, unless there is a piece of software out there that does that and you can key bind it.

I'm not sure how eyefinity is compared to Nvidia surround, but I would recommend you stick with it all the time. When I first set it up it just seemed buggy and I didn't like it. Once I got used to it, it was flawless and I love it.

EDIT: Setting the macros on logitech is easy as hell. Go into the software, click the key you want to program (e.g. G5) then it will come up with a screen for what keystroke you want it to make.

Example, I have one that is Ctrl + Alt + Del. Or Alt + tab, or Alt + F4. It's really that simple.

pro tip. If you play games like arma, or DayZ, set a key to "W" and have it press it infinitely. Boom, easiest autorun macro ever.

I have been using Eyefinity for about 3 years now.  And ever since Windows 8 I have been able to change the display group with a few clicks.  While Eyefinity isn't awful, its just something I'd like to change if I could.

I know how to do the simple macros.

I think what I'll have to do is create a display profile that will run and bind it as a shortcut to the key I want it to.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE