Supermicro Dips its Toes in DIY Motherboard Market, Unveils C7Z87-OCE

qwertywarrior

Maybe I don't understand but it doesn't look like anything amazing

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

excellent. they make some great server boards.  I cant wait how these are in a few generations. 

plus i think they may now be the only American consumer motherboard manufacturer.

“Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.”    -Henry Ford

Please do BOINC. no matter how small a contribution it can make a difference. 

My god that is an ugly motherboard.

its not that ugly if you compare it to my intel dh55tc :P 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

white pcb = no

good layout = no

good color scheme = no

cheap = ?

i wouldn't buy this unless its really cheap but they will probably update their design few more times

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I sure as hell wouldn't try overclocking with that vrm setup on the motherboard. This is supermicro first real consumer board they are use to server grade motherboards.

Looks pretty basic, but I assume it'll never ever ever break since Super Micro seems to claim total dominance in the server space

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

Why did you tell me this? Now my life is ruined!

....lol 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

Edit: Nevermind. I understand now.

Hopefully the design will get better. And It's Super Micro. I'd trust their VRM honestly.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Even thought this looks, err, interesting, I'm quite intrigued to see a review of it and anything else Supermicro comes up that isn't server-based. 

Why did you tell me this? Now my life is ruined!

*Hands over an MSI board*

There you go, that'll cure your eyes of that eyesore :)

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

*Hands over an MSI board*

There you go, that'll cure your eyes of that eyesore :)

I prefer the Z87 Gigabyte board to be honest, just not the Sniper.

I prefer the Z87 Gigabyte board to be honest, just not the Sniper.

Aww really, sweet :)

But I'll stick with the MPOWER though I don't have one yet, looks damn fine :)

If you took the silly black and yellow bits off of the Z77 heatsinks it is a beautiful board.

If you took the silly black and yellow bits off of the Z77 heatsinks it is a beautiful board.

I like the yellow and black bits :)

:o Most people just take them off.

Well that sucks *hands over coolness* :(

20 VRMs FTW!

Either that or you're just a hipster.

Quite possibly :)

I think Supermicro should stick at what they do best which is server boards and server stuff. This board is clearly an Overclocking Board denoted by the OC of the name. There is barely andy PWM circuitry on that board I don't think it will overclock well at all. 

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

I think Supermicro should stick at what they do best which is server boards and server stuff. This board is clearly an Overclocking Board denoted by the OC of the name. There is barely andy PWM circuitry on that board I don't think it will overclock well at all. 

4p servers boards overclocks magneycours rather well

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

4p servers boards overclocks magneycours rather well

Ye but noth this board.  

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"