Xbox One graphics speed increased by 6.62 per cent

qwertywarrior

Surprised they didn't opt to make this Day 1 DLC. For $50 you can get increase in speed making your games play smoother.

If they are able to overclock it via updates (no way they went back to every produced in box model and manually flashed a new firmware) I guess once it's hacked we can overclock it ourselves and turn it into a rather good power PC.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

Lol. They chose underpowered components and their solution is to overclock the GPU by a whole 6.62 percent!

It's depressing to think Xbox fanboys will be in amazement over this and use it to claim victory over the PS4 and PC. Just keep an eye out, I'm calling it now.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

i can get a higher overclock out of my gt610

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

i can get a higher overclock out of my gt610

I can overlock a potato better.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

I smell more red rings in the future... at least i hope... Mwahahahaha!!!!!

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Lol. They chose underpowered components and their solution is to overclock the GPU by a whole 6.62 percent!

It's depressing to think Xbox fanboys will be in amazement over this and use it to claim victory over the PS4 and PC. Just keep an eye out, I'm calling it now

I bet you are right

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

having the GPU get more performance they only over volted the thing which will lead to another generation of "red ring of death"

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

50 mhz is your average GPU boost clock, funny how people consider that a feature on desktop parts and stupid on consoles 

*looks at the address bar*

oh wait, that's right. fuck, you guys are worse than reddit some times with your circle jerks

50 mhz is your average GPU boost clock, funny how people consider that a feature on desktop parts and stupid on consoles 

*looks at the address bar*

oh wait, that's right. fuck, you guys are worse than reddit some times with your circle jerks

But no graphics card manufacturer markets their boost clock as game-changing the way Microsoft is here.

But no graphics card manufacturer markets their boost clock as game-changing the way Microsoft is here.

"Since E3, an example is that we've dropped in what we internally call our mono driver. It's our graphics driver that really is 100 percent optimised for the Xbox One hardware. You start with the base [DirectX] driver, and then you take out all parts that don't look like Xbox One and you add in everything that really optimises that experience. Almost all of our content partners have really picked it up now, and I think it's made a really nice improvement," Whitten reportedly says.

"This is the time where we've gone from the theory of how the hardware works - what do we think the yield is going to look like, what is the thermal envelope, how do things come together - to really having them in our hands. That's the time where you start tweaking the knobs. Either your theory was right dead on, or you were a little too conservative, or you were a little too aggressive. It's actually been really good news for us, and an example of that is we've tweaked up the clock speed on our GPU from 800MHz to 853MHz."

Please tell me where he is saying that this is game changing. He said there driver has seen improvements and they were about to boost the clock and thats "really good news". Or as you're apparently reading it ZOMG WE OVERCLOCKZED IT GUYS BUY XBOX

Please tell me where he is saying that this is game changing. He said there driver has seen improvements and they were about to boost the clock and thats "really good news". Or as you're apparently reading it ZOMG WE OVERCLOCKZED IT GUYS BUY XBOX

If this was any other GPU, it could be announced as an 800 MHz core and be released with a speed increase and nobody would give a shit. But if Xbox devs decide to boost the GPU a few megahertz, they have to announce it to the world so that sites like Engadget, The Guardian, The Verge, and IGN can put it in the front page of their sites stating that the highly-anticipated new console from Microsoft has had 'Pre-Launch Tweaks' done to it. It's not the biggest deal in the world for Microsoft to release this, it's more the way fanboys react when in fact most of them have no idea what's going on.

If this was any other GPU, it could be announced as an 800 MHz core and be released with a speed increase and nobody would give a shit. But if Xbox devs decide to boost the GPU a few megahertz, they have to announce it to the world so that sites like Engadget, The Guardian, The Verge, and IGN can put it in the front page of their sites stating that the highly-anticipated new console from Microsoft has had 'Pre-Launch Tweaks' done to it. It's not the biggest deal in the world for Microsoft to release this, it's more the way fanboys react when in fact most of them have no idea what's going on.

The announcement of the core clock boost was an example of the improvements they saw in thermals from their new driver. this wasn't a press release he was answering a question about the pre launch tweaks they've done. you're just too busy circle jerking to see that. 

The announcement of the core clock boost was an example of the improvements they saw in thermals from their new driver. this wasn't a press release he was answering a question about the pre launch tweaks they've done. you're just too busy circle jerking to see that.

I understand what happened, but what doesn't make sense to me is that this information has to be posted all over the place and have entire articles written about it, only to be read by console gamers who generally won't know what this means and will only understand that

ZOMG WE OVERCLOCKZED IT GUYS BUY XBOX

I understand what happened, but what doesn't make sense to me is that this information has to be posted all over the place and have entire articles written about it, only to be read by console gamers who generally won't know what this means and will only understand that

because this is a console, not a PC,specs don't change, it's a story.