The Hangar - FSX Enthusiast Club

AlwaysFSX

Orbx currently have a sale on and are essentially the best of the best for your scenery needs, FTX Global though pricey will transform the sim world for you on a global scale whilst the region packs do wonders for the regions they are created for.

https://www.fullterrain.com/

(disclaimer I dont work for FTX/Orbx but I love love love being a customer of the great products. Also disclaimer as the scenery might not suit all types of flying!)

3 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Is there an option for windowed fullscreen? I couldn't find it in the settings.

I'm also looking for high-quality scenery packs since the vanilla scenery looks so 2007 (not to mention it doesn't even challenge my old 560 Ti). Is there any pack that overhauls all the trees?

Put it in windowed mode and use this program to set it into windowed borderless.

https://github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming/releases

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

Just now, Geralt said:

Put it in windowed mode and use this program to set it into windowed borderless.

https://github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming/releases

Awesome I need that program in my life.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 minute ago, Energycore said:

Awesome I need that program in my life.

It's a must for people with multiple monitors as well. I hate the ugly borders but I need to alt tab constantly as well.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

Just now, Geralt said:

It's a must for people with multiple monitors as well. I hate the ugly borders but I need to alt tab constantly as well.

Now to figure out how to make it work with Dynamic Super Resolution.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Uh oh, I tried to make the shell interface borderless and broke the desktop. Lol!

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Just now, Energycore said:

Uh oh, I tried to make the shell interface borderless and broke the desktop. Lol!

LOL

~~~SnapDragon~~~

47 minutes ago, Geralt said:

It's not working T.T

The borderless gaming program displays the game's window name as Microsoft Flight Simulator X [<error>]. And when I click the buttons nothing happens. The window still has those ugly borders.

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Energycore said:

It's not working T.T

The borderless gaming program displays the game's window name as Microsoft Flight Simulator X [<error>]. And when I click the buttons nothing happens. The window still has those ugly borders.

Hmm funny. It works for me tho.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

Just now, Geralt said:

Is there a tutorial? Maybe I missed something / did something wrong.

Also I can't get FSX to run on multiple displays eyefinity style. Any way to do that?

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

15 minutes ago, Geralt said:

Still not working. I've added the application to the favourites but it does nothing!

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

27 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Still not working. I've added the application to the favourites but it does nothing!

It worked for me the moment I pressed the button.

Maybe it doesn't work for your config?

~~~SnapDragon~~~

1 hour ago, Geralt said:

It worked for me the moment I pressed the button.

Maybe it doesn't work for your config?

I'm having problems running fsx period, with it crashing when I've multiple displays connected and it's on fullscreen. And the runway textures are glitching. So I'll reinstall and see if I get any luckier.

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Energycore said:

I'm having problems running fsx period, with it crashing when I've multiple displays connected and it's on fullscreen. And the runway textures are glitching. So I'll reinstall and see if I get any luckier.

Yeah FSX is really ancient at this point. I wish they would come out with a FSX v2 already.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

9 hours ago, LewisBloom said:

I'm super busy atm and havnt flown for pleasure in a while just for dev and support reasons but if you set a date and time I can at least try to make it. Not sure what everyones timezones are like and I assume FSX Steam edition MP fly in session?

cheers,

Lewis

I don't really have a time that I can specify because I'm free literally all day. So it's really down to whoever wants to fly, when they can fly.

For some reason all my aircraft from JustFlight lost their virtual cockpits... 

CPU - i5-8400 , Motherboard - ASROCK Z370 Killer SLI, RAM - 2x8 GB DDR4 2400mhz , GPU - EVGA GTX 950 SC, Case - SilentiumPC PAX M70 Pure Black V2 Storage - 240GB SanDisk SSD, 1TB WD Blue, PSU - bequite! 600w Pure Power 10, Display - Dell P2417H, Cooling - bequiet! Pure Rock, Keyboard - Viper V730, Mouse - natec Genesis G55, Sound - Philips MCD712, OS - Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

41 minutes ago, User1868 said:

For some reason all my aircraft from JustFlight lost their virtual cockpits... 

Reinstall the aircraft?

On the Freeware 777 in the Aircraft.cfg file the pumps were set to "0" instead of "2". Changed that along with many other settings. Used similar settings on the 767 and 757 Cargo Freeware. Modelled after a Vickers Viscount 810 which gets very sluggish or slow responding as air speed and flaps drop. I don't have a single aircraft I haven't changed to respond more like the real thing. With my previous multi-engine turboprop real life flying in the past, I have a fairly realistic expectation on how response should be. Now I only get to ride in the back of the "bus" or my computer chair. The less I spend on this simulation, the more I can spend on my next car. No more racing either, but maybe a VW Golf R in the future. At least it has a computer to make up where my reactions have fallen short.

6 minutes ago, salc00 said:

On the Freeware 777 in the Aircraft.cfg file the pumps were set to "0" instead of "2". Changed that along with many other settings. Used similar settings on the 767 and 757 Cargo Freeware. Modelled after a Vickers Viscount 810 which gets very sluggish or slow responding as air speed and flaps drop. I don't have a single aircraft I haven't changed to respond more like the real thing. With my previous multi-engine turboprop real life flying in the past, I have a fairly realistic expectation on how response should be. Now I only get to ride in the back of the "bus" or my computer chair. The less I spend on this simulation, the more I can spend on my next car. No more racing either, but maybe a VW Golf R in the future. At least it has a computer to make up where my reactions have fallen short.

Realism in all of the sims is pretty bad, especially when it comes to freeware aircraft. Problem boils down to the game engine not being able to realistically model flight. FSX made it super simple just going with weight and gravity and using thrust to determine your speed. XPlane at least uses wind modelling but it's still unrealistic.

Life is a simulation unless you jump out of a perfectly good airplane. That is REAL. Everyone that can walk should try that at least once in their lives, even if it a tandem jump. Not the complete experience of having to count down in your head as the ground is rushing up at you, but almost complete and much safer. That is the REAL experience.

• 2 weeks later...

there hasnt been a post on here in a while. But i just completed a flight between JFK and Boston Logan airport. Now I am flying from montauk to Nantucket with stops at block island and Marthas vineyard for refueling.

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

45 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

there hasnt been a post on here in a while. But i just completed a flight between JFK and Boston Logan airport. Now I am flying from montauk to Nantucket with stops at block island and Marthas vineyard for refueling.

Been on a bit of a flying hiatus because I burnt myself out on it doing several back to back long hauls. Was going to fly with someone I know but they were busy lately.

11 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Been on a bit of a flying hiatus because I burnt myself out on it doing several back to back long hauls. Was going to fly with someone I know but they were busy lately.

i just got back in because i bought nyc scenery and wanted to simulate the first time i went flying irl. reliving old memories 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Man, my 777's been sitting in the hanger collecting dust. >.<

Any news on PMDG's 747v2?

~~~SnapDragon~~~

2 hours ago, Geralt said:

Man, my 777's been sitting in the hanger collecting dust. >.<

Any news on PMDG's 747v2?

"They're working on it."