The Hangar - FSX Enthusiast Club

AlwaysFSX
7 hours ago, LewisBloom said:

cant agree with that as the majority of MP is done via VATSIM, PilotEdge and IVAO anyway so by-passes any inbuilt client anyway. That and the majority of users are not MP users too.

thanks,

Lewis

Yeah but the multiplayer is more populated now than it was before. :P

6 hours ago, salc00 said:

If I change aircraft registration numbers on FSX base aircraft with non US registration numbers to US registration numbers, does that kill their AI flight plans? Some of the US aircraft, like the Dehavilland DHC8's, and Boeing 737-800 have multiple aircraft with the same N-- numbers. Does that mean only the first one actually has AI flight plans and none are there for the other like aircraft with different airline textures? Is this kind of stuff fixed in FSX Steam base aircraft?

6 hours ago, salc00 said:

Or Should I be asking, with FSX Steam and WOAI and Real World Aircraft does these kind of lousy stuff just go away??

Registration doesn't matter in FSX, just the point A-B flight plan path.

1 hour ago, V36 said:

also what yoke does everyone use? I was going to pick up a saitek but its been backordered 

I have a Saitek Yoke that I can't use at the moment so I use a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. Which, funnily enough. Just died on me software wise for no reason whatsoever so I had to scour Logitech's website to find a universal software piece of crap to install and run to fix the driver for it. Bit miffed about that one.

2 hours ago, V36 said:

also what yoke does everyone use? I was going to pick up a saitek but its been backordered 

I use the mouse and keyboard because I dropped my entire bank on PMDG's 777. <.>

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

31 minutes ago, Geralt said:

I use the mouse and keyboard because I dropped my entire bank on PMDG's 777. <.>

Nice. xD

On 4/26/2016 at 3:51 PM, AlwaysFSX said:

Whichever one has a faster IPC runs FSX better. Typically that's going to be a medium end and up Intel processor, but with high-ish end and up AMD processors that are overclocked well will still run FSX plenty fast.

So here's a thought, any of you guys want to do a group flight on FSX sometime?

I was looking at the AMD FX-8320 or the Intel Core i5 6500/6600K, however the higher Power consumption of the AMD over the Intel does interest me, but then again it's an 8-core chip vs. a 4 Core.

In regards to the group flight. I'm interested :)

16 minutes ago, zippcalculator said:

I was looking at the AMD FX-8320 or the Intel Core i5 6500/6600K, however the higher Power consumption of the AMD over the Intel does interest me, but then again it's an 8-core chip vs. a 4 Core.

In regards to the group flight. I'm interested :)

6500(K) smokes the 8320 in performance in single-threaded and multi-threaded performance.

Anyone else up for a group flight? :D

I Couldn't find a  saitek either so I am using a Logitech M570 Track Ball Mouse. I stays stationary and your right thumb does most of the work. It has the normal two buttons, a roll wheel in the middle for throttle and two programmable buttons that I haven't figured out how to use them in FSX, but it sure beats moving a mouse around. Amazon.com 

Sir Geralt, my hat is off to you!

I downloaded the Freeware OpenSky Boeing 777 200LFR TNT Cargo Aircraft and flew it from Kennedy to Oxford and put it down on the 5700 foot runway 36. MAX auto brake worked or I think I would have been in the trees at the end. Stopped in 3000 feet. That thing is a real handful for a 10 minute flight. I even off loaded 80% of the cargo weight before I started. Way toooo much going on in it. I has a low hydrallic pressure right after takeoff and couldn't figure out how to fix it in the 10 minute flight. Back to DC9s, MD80s and turboprops for me!

2 hours ago, salc00 said:

Sir Geralt, my hat is off to you!

I downloaded the Freeware OpenSky Boeing 777 200LFR TNT Cargo Aircraft and flew it from Kennedy to Oxford and put it down on the 5700 foot runway 36. MAX auto brake worked or I think I would have been in the trees at the end. Stopped in 3000 feet. That thing is a real handful for a 10 minute flight. I even off loaded 80% of the cargo weight before I started. Way toooo much going on in it. I has a low hydrallic pressure right after takeoff and couldn't figure out how to fix it in the 10 minute flight. Back to DC9s, MD80s and turboprops for me!

The freeware stuff aren't really that simulated like the real life tho. I've tried some freeware 777 and they handle like a fighter jet rather than a heavy. As for the low hydraulic pressure, have you made sure the hydraulic pumps are on the overhead panel? Well even if it isn't the backup should provide you some pressure to control the plane with. The 777 has a lot of fail safe systems.

This is a fully loaded flight landing on a pretty short runway. Don't mind the panels tho, FSRecorder can't record the panels.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

22 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

@Geralt @salc00 @LewisBloom @natalieisabutt @Energycore 

Any thoughts on a group flight? :)

I probably can't. I'm pretty busy with projects on hand right now.

19 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

*snip*

Me whenever I'm landing a 777

1418086964130.jpg

~~~SnapDragon~~~

35 minutes ago, Geralt said:

Me whenever I'm landing a 777

1418086964130.jpg

Ew, unresponsive airliners. :P

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

5 hours ago, Geralt said:

RIP. Well let us know if anything changes. :)

5 hours ago, Energycore said:

Ew, unresponsive airliners. :P

*cough* A321 *cough*

13 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

RIP. Well let us know if anything changes. :)

*cough* A321 *cough*

I remember liking the little learjet that comes vanilla but the bigger ones not so much. But I'll give them a try

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Wow, FSX does NOT like you alt-tabbing while in fullscreen. Is there a borderless window mod out there?

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

7 hours ago, Energycore said:

Wow, FSX does NOT like you alt-tabbing while in fullscreen. Is there a borderless window mod out there?

None that I know of, I just run in windowed mode because I don't loose too much screen to the game and I can tab out when I please.

Somewhat related, my 3D Pro doesn't work in anything anymore first because the driver decided to break, then because Logitech's crap software decided to not work after a day.

6 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

None that I know of, I just run in windowed mode because I don't loose too much screen to the game and I can tab out when I please.

Somewhat related, my 3D Pro doesn't work in anything anymore first because the driver decided to break, then because Logitech's crap software decided to not work after a day.

My own 3D Pro has been working just fine since 2007 that I got it* :)

But I haven't updated the driver at all. Perhaps I shouldn't.

*Except the trigger button sometimes doesn't work. But ignore that bit.

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

I can't find the windowed mode option in the settings, I feel so dumb right now

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

well I guess I am following this thread. I take pictures of planes at KSFO and have a copy of FSX. got it on sale. dont have much time on it.

One question. how do i fly as an airline? you know what i mean like how do I fly a southwest 737?

49 minutes ago, Energycore said:

I can't find the windowed mode option in the settings, I feel so dumb right now

Start a flight, hit alt + enter.

27 minutes ago, TheSlicingEdge said:

well I guess I am following this thread. I take pictures of planes at KSFO and have a copy of FSX. got it on sale. dont have much time on it.

One question. how do i fly as an airline? you know what i mean like how do I fly a southwest 737?

Download a Southwest 737 livery (here's a pack with one I use) and just set up a route to fly with that plane selected.

18 minutes ago, TheSlicingEdge said:

alright

Here if you have any more questions. :)

I'm super busy atm and havnt flown for pleasure in a while just for dev and support reasons but if you set a date and time I can at least try to make it. Not sure what everyones timezones are like and I assume FSX Steam edition MP fly in session?

cheers,

Lewis

On 5/1/2016 at 9:59 AM, Energycore said:

run in full screen windowed mode and you can alt-tab all over the place, I am often using netflix/youtube another browser for our company forums/email + more windows for development whilst having FSX open and running for testing and dev.

I should say FSX love Nvidia you'll get better performance out of an Nvid than an ATI when it comes to this sort of stuff too.

Just now, LewisBloom said:

run in full screen windowed mode and you can alt-tab all over the place, I am often using netflix/youtube another browser for our company forums/email + more windows for development whilst having FSX open and running for testing and dev.

I should say FSX love Nvidia you'll get better performance out of an Nvid than an ATI when it comes to this sort of stuff too.

Is there an option for windowed fullscreen? I couldn't find it in the settings.

I'm also looking for high-quality scenery packs since the vanilla scenery looks so 2007 (not to mention it doesn't even challenge my old 560 Ti). Is there any pack that overhauls all the trees?

Computer Specs:

Spoiler