The Hangar - FSX Enthusiast Club

AlwaysFSX
6 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

"They're working on it."

Seems to be that way for about 2 years now. xD

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

I downloaded WoAi and before I install it, I have two questions for you FSX experts.

Is the Airline I have been using for my aircraft, Emerald Harbor Air, going to vanish? If all the airlines are real world, would I have to edit all my config files (110) to use a real world airline names for those aircraft?  I modified most textures to all white or white with green accents were possible. (Emerald) kinda silly but anal is, as anal does.

My current default traffic has been great if I fly between 7-9am or 6-7pm. Otherwise it is pretty sparse. I always use PC time, just because I want my log book to seem realistic.

3 hours ago, salc00 said:

I downloaded WoAi and before I install it, I have two questions for you FSX experts.

Is the Airline I have been using for my aircraft, Emerald Harbor Air, going to vanish? If all the airlines are real world, would I have to edit all my config files (110) to use a real world airline names for those aircraft?  I modified most textures to all white or white with green accents were possible. (Emerald) kinda silly but anal is, as anal does.

My current default traffic has been great if I fly between 7-9am or 6-7pm. Otherwise it is pretty sparse. I always use PC time, just because I want my log book to seem realistic.

I tried to install WoAI on my FSX but it didn't seem to want to install on mine so I can't help you there.

If you do install, tell me how it is tho. I wanna know if it's better than Traffic X

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

Interview with Stephen Borick, NGiS

Conducted By Dominic Smith

[Note: images included in this article are supplied by NGiS and are described as images captured from UNIGINE Port Angeles Tech Demo, and thus do not necessarily represent the exact look of the final product.]

Stephen, first off, how did you and the team come up with the idea of creating a new simulator?

It actually, all began with me watching videos of GTA V Flight School. I was amazed by the level of detail in those videos and it suddenly dawned on me that for the foreseeable future we were not going to see anything like what I was seeing in GTA V visually unless someone took the time to seriously take a good look at the tools available to create a new flight simulator based on new technologies.

screen_shot_2015-09-30_at_205709.jpg

screen_shot_2015-09-30_at_205714.jpg

P3D, X-Plane, MSFS series, and Flight Gear are all based upon code that began several years ago and will never be much more than what they are now. Sure, you may see some improvements such as cloud shadows and the like, but you'll never see LOD such as that seen in modern software... those engines just aren't built for it, and the more you try to increase the capacity of this older code, the more bloated it becomes and the results are the experiences you have today. When it comes to physics, flight dynamics, weather, modeling, etc. the same applies. With what's available you're literally stuck with what you get as there is little overhead within existing engines for improvements.

What is sorely needed is a new simulator based upon a new engine that is continually evolving to take advantage of the advancing technologies in both software and hardware for developers as well as end users. The advancements in these areas never quit and neither should the advancements in flight simulation. If we ever want to see the next level of "As Real As It Gets" we need to move on.

We created an online Next Generation Flight Simulator Symposium; where hundreds of flight simulator enthusiast voiced their ideas, opinions, as well as their desires for the need for a next generation flight simulator. It was a remarkable experience of cooperation.

From that Symposium, a standard was set as to what enthusiasts were looking for in a new simulator; a suitable 3D engine was found (UNIGINE) for the creation of this new simulator, and the decision to go to Phase II, the development, was decided upon. Again, from that Symposium we have gathered, what is most probably the most formidable team of developers since Aces Studios, for the development of a Next Generation Flight Simulator. In fact, some of our members are former developers for Aces. Many of our team members are well known developers who have made a positive name for themselves in the flight simulator community; they are a huge asset to our project. We invite anyone, everyone, who has the love for flight simulation and who has the talents needed to help in the development of a next generation flight simulator to join us.

Will your simulator be marketed as a game or simulator?

NGiS intends to market the Next Generation Flight Simulator as a simulator for both the avid enthusiast as well as for newcomers who have yet to step into a virtual cockpit. One only needs to take a look at our growing features list (which, by the way, for the most part, is being created using those features given to us by members of the flight simulator community) to see what we fully intend to include in this new simulator. The proposed Users Interface will allow anyone to adjust the simulator to their personal preference level, from easy, allowing the most novice user to enjoy the simulator doing the things they want to do... all the way to the most sophisticated level, allowing for the most realism in any flight simulator available. Your entire environment, to include external as well as your aircraft will be adjustable to suit your preferences. We'll also have preset levels designed into the UI, allowing easy setups at various levels, as well as the ability to create your own preset levels to suit your fancy.

screen_shot_2015-09-30_at_205720.jpg

screen_shot_2015-09-30_at_205725.jpg

Along with that, we'll provide scenarios that will cater to everyone... what all those scenarios will be just yet is still a work in progress and we're most definitely looking for ideas from everyone from game players to simulator fanatics.

What advantage do you see your simulator having over other simulators such as P3D, X-Plane and the MSFS series?

Every advantage imaginable! Again the feature set tells what we have planned for our initial release and you can find that list by visiting our home page and clicking on the Green Button near the bottom of the page. When you look at that list, you'll see there are improvements and additional features requested in just about every aspect of flight simulation and that list can be continually influenced by anyone who cares to visit our forum and add their thoughts and ideas.

It should be obvious that a new flight simulator can have some very distinct advantages over what is currently available. We've got a pretty good list going, but if there is anything that you as an individual would like to see specifically, we're just waiting for you to add your request to the growing list. (We'll soon have a web page that you'll be able to access from our web site with the list of features that we already have. This page will have the sophistication to allow anyone to add to the list those things that are most important to them. You'll also have the ability to vote on your favorite features and those features with the most votes will have top priority...we'll let FlightSim.Com know when that page is available).

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?16177-Interview-with-Stephen-Borick-NGiS

My thoughts below.

Spoiler

So I just found this out about an hour and a half ago through some miracle of YouTube's suggestion system and I have to say I'm somewhat in disbelief. Yes we've had the "next flight simulator" several times over but they've all been half-assed in one way or the other, yet mainly in the same way. They are built off of FSX's infrastructure which is well regarded as absolute junk. X-Plane has been in development for years and they still haven't succeeded in the level of detail to compete with other 3D applications in 2016. P3D, FSX: Steam Edition, and whatever the hell "Flight School" thing out of Dovetail are all built off of FSX and inherit the same problems. You can band-aid problems but they're never truly fixed. If this group of developers can release something along the lines of what's shown in these demo screenshots with the performance possible in the Port Angeles demo then they've got a real winner on their hands. Choosing Unity is a good move in my eyes because the level of detail you can provide with that engine is mind boggling.

Let's hope they're up to the task and can bring the product to full term, they'll be able to make a name for themselves in an instant.

• 1 month later...

Damn this thread has been inactive for a month, kinda necroing it but idc. 

XPlane 10 or FSX: Steam Edition which is better?

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

19 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Damn this thread has been inactive for a month, kinda necroing it but idc. 

XPlane 10 or FSX: Steam Edition which is better?

XPlane 10. FSX is outdated by now. If FSX:SE is on sale tho, it's a good buy.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

• 1 month later...

Ok Uncle! I decided to get Steam Edition. I have installed a new hard drive in my Alienware18 to put FSX Steam Edition on it. When I download FSX Steam, will it wipe out all my files on the the main drive were all the FSX configuration and User files are, or will I have the capability to put it all on the new drive? My knees are shaking. 200 aircraft and 700 flight hours at stake? I would like to pick and choose stuff from the old configuration. H E L P!!

6 minutes ago, salc00 said:

Ok Uncle! I decided to get Steam Edition. I have installed a new hard drive in my Alienware18 to put FSX Steam Edition on it. When I download FSX Steam, will it wipe out all my files on the the main drive were all the FSX configuration and User files are, or will I have the capability to put it all on the new drive? My knees are shaking. 200 aircraft and 700 flight hours at stake? I would like to pick and choose stuff from the old configuration. H E L P!!

It installs under the Steam games directory, not where FSX(non-SE) defaults the install, Program Files x86 or something like that.

It didn't screw up my install because of this.

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

I need to get back into FSX, doing 10 hours flights from Amsterdam to Hong Kong is nice and relaxing c:

I'm setting one up right now actually. Haven't done a flight in a while.

3 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I'm setting one up right now actually. Haven't done a flight in a while.

I'd probably just do a flight from Newark to Singapore with a Singapore Airlines A340-500 just because it's 18 hours long :P

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

2 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

I'd probably just do a flight from Newark to Singapore with a Singapore Airlines A340-500 just because it's 18 hours long :P

I could never do that, I get bored with 3 hour long flights. :P

I'm up on FSX Steam now. That was so easy!! I downloaded it to the new drive. It almost sets itself up. Some how it attaches to the old flight log and everything was correct. I spent most of the night moving and testing my old FSX customized aircraft. It was so easy to copy "Gauges, Sounds and Textures" to the Steam Edition. 120 of the Aircraft work perfectly on Steam. I can't believe how easy the migration was. Now that FSX Steam is on its own hard drive the performance is great and operation is sooo smooth. Helicopters are so much easier to land on Steam.  

5 hours ago, salc00 said:

I'm up on FSX Steam now. That was so easy!! I downloaded it to the new drive. It almost sets itself up. Some how it attaches to the old flight log and everything was correct. I spent most of the night moving and testing my old FSX customized aircraft. It was so easy to copy "Gauges, Sounds and Textures" to the Steam Edition. 120 of the Aircraft work perfectly on Steam. I can't believe how easy the migration was. Now that FSX Steam is on its own hard drive the performance is great and operation is sooo smooth. Helicopters are so much easier to land on Steam.  

Yeah, it's pretty great how you can copy over old stuff and it just works. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Is FSX better than X-Plane 10 (gasp)? I run a single monitor setup with a logitech extreme 3d pro. When you look at roads in X.P, they are unrealistic. Does anyone know a mod to fix this?

16 minutes ago, kittycannon said:

Is FSX better than X-Plane 10 (gasp)? I run a single monitor setup with a logitech extreme 3d pro. When you look at roads in X.P, they are unrealistic. Does anyone know a mod to fix this?

FSX looks better but X-Plane flies better. I don't fly in XP10 so I wouldn't know of any mods.

7 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

FSX looks better but X-Plane flies better. I don't fly in XP10 so I wouldn't know of any mods.

Good to know. Thanks! (also I forgot to say that I use x-plane ten and the planes fly great.) (I want to try FSX sometime in the future.)

44 minutes ago, kittycannon said:

Good to know. Thanks! (also I forgot to say that I use x-plane ten and the planes fly great.) (I want to try FSX sometime in the future.)

I think if you're already flying in XPlane you might want to stay away from FSX, lol, its flight models aren't too accurate.

3 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I think if you're already flying in XPlane you might want to stay away from FSX, lol, its flight models aren't too accurate.

I has more planes though (I think)

• 4 weeks later...

hi 

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

1 hour ago, AlwaysFSX said:

hi

sup

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

any good freeware fr fsx? visual mods and/or planes.

Build

Spoiler

1 hour ago, DeezNoNos said:

any good freeware fr fsx? visual mods and/or planes.

737/747 paint pack?