Vibration suddenly not working on HTC one.

This is really puzzling, just happened out of the blue. Phone has always been set to vibrate profile and all of a sudden no longer works.

I've tried the obvious things I can think of such as rebooting the phone, leaving it powered off for a while and clearing the system but it still won't work.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Does it vibrate when you turn it on? Or how about if you boot into Fastboot?

I had strange issues like the on my old one x (gyroscope would randomly stop working), but nothing so far on the htc one.

Are you running the stock rom? how long have you had it?

phone issues are usually hit or miss, and there arent ways of figuring out why its not working, let alone fixing it.

Changing the rom can be an umbrella fix, but it can be a hassle.

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

Sorry to be the iPhone douchebag in the thread, but this happened to mine a few months ago. I thought it was a software update or something that reset my silent profile but looks like the vibration motor is simply dead. I just ordered a replacement motor (they are less than $10 on Amazon) and will be attempting a replacement as soon as it arrives.

duc sequere aut de via decede

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

Custom hard line watercooled Fractal Node 202 ITX build log

Type this into the dialer *#*#3424#*#* and test vibration there

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

Thanks for the replies everyone, very much appreciated.

Does it vibrate when you turn it on? Or how about if you boot into Fastboot?

It doesn't unfortunately. Even when alarms sound there's no vibration.

can you go into the diagnostic menu and test the hardware?

I don't know how to do that.

I had strange issues like the on my old one x (gyroscope would randomly stop working), but nothing so far on the htc one.

Are you running the stock rom? how long have you had it?

phone issues are usually hit or miss, and there arent ways of figuring out why its not working, let alone fixing it.

Changing the rom can be an umbrella fix, but it can be a hassle.

I haven't changed the rom, had the phone just under 18 months and this is the first big issue I've had with it.

Sorry to be the iPhone douchebag in the thread, but this happened to mine a few months ago. I thought it was a software update or something that reset my silent profile but looks like the vibration motor is simply dead. I just ordered a replacement motor (they are less than $10 on Amazon) and will be attempting a replacement as soon as it arrives.

That sounds like a big task, the HTC one seems designed to not be opened. I'd rather not risk that kind of fix to be honest, unless it's easier than I presume it to be.

Type this into the dialer *#*#3424#*#* and test vibration there

Sorry to be a total phone noob but I assume you mean the number dialer?

That sounds like a big task, the HTC one seems designed to not be opened. I'd rather not risk that kind of fix to be honest, unless it's easier than I presume it to be.

I had a quick look on ifixit and they have tear downs and removing other components, but nothing specific to the vibration module. However the tear down does mention the module in step 13. Honestly, if you're not comfortable pulling phones apart then don't do it or find someone who is comfortable to help you. It may not even be a broken module at the end of the day....

duc sequere aut de via decede

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

Custom hard line watercooled Fractal Node 202 ITX build log

One of my M7s also had this issue, suddenly vibration stopped working. Unfortunately it never got fixed.

"Rawr XD"

yep, you'll enter diagnostic menu that way!

Thanks I did this and tested the vibration and got nothing unfortunately. Hopefully it's just one of those quirks that will correct itself.