Just your run of the mill Windows 10 question :)

1Scotty1
Go to solution Solved by Jlryan,

It'll stay on Windows 10, had to use that method on my tablet as I can't use a USB drive to do a clean install of windows on that lol.

Hey, folks

So on the 29th I upgraded to Windows 10, no problems during the upgrade nor after it, BUT... I didn't get the option to do a clean install.

So right now I want to do a "factory reset" and here comes my question - when I do that, will it stay on Windows 10? Because when I did the reset on Win8.1 a couple months ago, I got "reverted" back to Win8 and I had to do all that tedious work of updating and upgrading to Win8.1 all over again and seeing I only have a 3Mbps internet, that could take a BIG while...

Thanks for your help :P

you can do a "reset" and run disk cleanup

about the same result

Type "reset" into cortana and select "reset this pc"

you can do a "reset" and run disk cleanup

about the same result

thats stupid of windows to do. what if your troll friend did that to your pc so easialy

I know HOW to do it, I wanted to know, if it will stay on Win10 or revert back to Win8/8.1 like it happened to me before?

I know HOW to do it, I wanted to know, if it will stay on Win10 or revert back to Win8/8.1 like it happened to me before?

there are different "resets" one of them just removes all of your apps and data

let me check and get back to you

ok so they changed it in windows 10 theres only 1 reset now

i guess you can remove the recovery partition on your computer to make sure that it doesnt revert

It'll stay on Windows 10, had to use that method on my tablet as I can't use a USB drive to do a clean install of windows on that lol.

Gaming/Folding rig: Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced White | MSI Z77A-G43 | Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.4GHz | 10GB G.Skill RAM | Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | Seagate 2TB | Seagate 2TB | WD Blue 640GB | Cogage Arrow (Passive) | Thermaltake Toughpower XT 675w | Windows 10 Pro

Photography

Thank you, that is what I needed to know :)