Downloading RAM

T.Vengeance

4awZR3n.jpg

That got me thinking, in 10-15 years, downloading more RAM may actually be legit...LOL. In 15 years, when 3D printing becomes mainstream, kids will be confused why downloading RAM was ever a joke.

http://www.downloadmoreram.com/

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

wait...you can't download ram!?

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Am I the dumb one...I can't tell

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K | Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | Motherboard: GA-H61N-USB3 | RAM: Corsair 8GB 1333 MHz Video CardEVGA GTX 660 Superclocked 2GB DDR5

Power Supply: Corsair CX 430 | SSD: Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: 2X Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200rpm | Monitor Asus PB238Q & Asus PB278Q

Mouse: Lenovo N50 | Keyboard: Apple Pro Keyboard | Operating Systems: Hackintosh OS X 10.8.5 & Windows 8.1

Technically anyone can download a 3D model of ram. That's all he downloaded. The actual car was hand assembled.

If you had the patience you could have made that from plywood after you downloaded the designs.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I now have 128GB of RAM thanks to downloadmoreram.com!

If it doesn't work for you, here's all you have to do:

Step 1: Purchase a RAM kit that has at least 2 modules (size does not matter, but it has to be 240 pin, DDR2/3/4 800 MHz for the download file to work).

Step 2: Install a DDR2/3/4 800 MHz RAM module into your RAM slot and make sure only one is installed in the whole system.

Step 3: Download, and take a picture of the desktop screen with the remaining RAM modules taped to your monitor using a digital SLR. Throw out your DSLR and RAM modules on a Friday. Wait 30 min. for it to work.

Step 4:?

Step 5: Profit

I think we're a LOOOOONG way away from being able to 3D-print microelectronic circuits. :lol:

I am excited for the future of 3D printing, though.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

I think we're a LOOOOONG way away from being able to 3D-print microelectronic circuits. :lol:

I am excited for the future of 3D printing, though.

To be honest I don't think it's gonna be that long. Before we as private people can do it yeah, but the technology will be here soon, if it isn't already. :)

To be honest I don't think it's gonna be that long. Before we as private people can do it yeah, but the technology will be here soon, if it isn't already. :)

Most 3D printers can only print ABS plastic, with a maximum resolution of 100microns.

In order to make 3D printed RAM, we're going to need to be able to print copper, silicon, and other materials (such as solder resist for the PCB) at a resolution well below 100nanometers.

Most 3D printers can only print ABS plastic, with a maximum resolution of 100microns.

In order to make 3D printed RAM, were going to need to be able to print copper, silicon, and other materials (such as solder resist for the PCB) at a resolution well below 100nanometers.

Making something that can "print" RAM and other circuits wouldn't be much different than making something that can mass produce it. With a bit of creativity and a lot of money and time it sounds entirely possible. :)

In order to make 3D printed RAM, were going to need to be able to print copper, silicon, and other materials (such as solder resist for the PCB) at a resolution well below 100nanometers.

not to mention no company is going to share their designs.

Making something that can "print" RAM and other circuits wouldn't be much different than making something that can mass produce it. With a bit of creativity and a lot of money and time it sounds entirely possible. :)

The thing is, it's not that simple. At this day and age, it would be a lot cheaper to make RAM the old fashioned way than using 3D printers, and much less time consuming. 3D printers are more useful at creating custom products when you don't have enough time to create mass producing machines to create that product. For example, on the ISS, if something gets damaged, or needs replacing, instead of spending millions to get a rocket to take a small part up there, they can use a 3D printer to print out that part. Nobody needs to print out RAM because it would be cheaper, and less time consuming to go to the store and buy it there. Also, by the time we have that type of technology, we might not be even using the same type of computing we use today.

The thing is, it's not that simple. At this day and age, it would be a lot cheaper to make RAM the old fashioned way than using 3D printers, and much less time consuming. 3D printers are more useful at creating custom products when you don't have enough time to create mass producing machines to create that product. For example, on the ISS, if something gets damaged, or needs replacing, instead of spending millions to get a rocket to take a small part up there, they can use a 3D printer to print out that part. Nobody needs to print out RAM because it would be cheaper, and less time consuming to go to the store and buy it there. Also, by the time we have that type of technology, we might not be even using the same type of computing we use today.

Never mind man, I doubt I can explain what I have in my head at this time of day, it has nothing to do with an actual printer though. :)

But you know what's even more exciting? Food printers. I can't wait for those to become mainstream.

Technically anyone can download a 3D model of ram. That's all he downloaded. The actual car was hand assembled.

If you had the patience you could have made that from plywood after you downloaded the designs.

@target39 too. Well I did preface my statement with a timeframe of 10-15 years. Remember what we can do in that time frame. 10 years before the iPhone came out, we were using VHS and the rich, DVD. The gameboy colour seemed revolutionary. 15 years and the internet as we know it wasn't even born. The future isn't bleak or boring :P

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

But you know what's even more exciting? Food printers. I can't wait for those to become mainstream.

Yum, can't wait for pirated food

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

How about designing your own heatspreaders in a nice, easy to use flash application; you download the model of then entirety of the RAM and you print of your new RAM with custom heatspreaders? :p could be awesome for expressing our individuality.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Yum, can't wait for pirated food

we have those i know a person who once ate a 3d printed pizza, he said it was disgusting...

we have those i know a person who once ate a 3d printed pizza, he said it was disgusting...

Probably made of plastic. I can see why *insert dubstep drop here cause I'm bored*

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Viruses are going to be a problem.

Oh god, I never even thought of that. I'm scared of the future now :( (of course the far future, being that viruses are even smaller than our own cells.)

^_-

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

Viruses are going to be a problem.

Virus that affects your computer, or viruses that are implanted onto the cad file that forces the 3D printer to print food that poisons you? I hope it's not the latter....

What happens if a ram stick fails on the ISS? :/

Awkwaaarrrddddd.