Titan x or 980ti

REDARROWS1

2x Titan x or 2x 980ti?

Don't worry about budget

<p>Pc specs: cpu: i7 4960x: gpu: windforce 780ti x3: cpu cooler: h100i: ram: 32gb corsair vengence pro red: motherboard: asus iv rampage black edition: case: 900d: ssd: 1tb 840 evo: hdd 4tb wb black: psu: corsair ax1200i: os: windows 7 ultimate: monitor: asus pb287q 4k

i'd say 2x 980Ti unless you do lots of 3d rendering and video editing.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

2 titan x's

EDIT: 1000th post :D

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

2x Titan x or 2x 980ti?

Don't worry about budget

UHHH 2 Titan x obviously

:)xD9_9:D:PB|

980 Ti. I don't care if you are worrying about budget or not. The Titan X is kind of a stupid card to buy at the moment :P

Lets say you go titan X. thats $2000 right there 

If you go 980Ti Route, you can get 3 of them for that price. 

Aftermarket 980tis, there is no possible reason to buy Titan Xs at this point in time.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Why are you asking if you don't care about the budget?

A 2 Titan X SLI is obviously (insignificantly) better than a 2 980 Ti SLI.

Neither, have a really extravagant night out and rest of the money goes to charity.

That sounds like a really stupid idea.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

2 Titan Xs would be crazy better than 2 980TIs, but also crazy expensive. Go for the 2x 980TI.

You could get 3x 980Ti for the same price as 2x Titan X.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

2x Titan x or 2x 980ti?

Don't worry about budget

I went with 2 way Titan X before 980 Ti's even came out. I say save your money and go with 2 way SLI 980 Ti.

2 titan x's

EDIT: 1000th post :D

Congrats.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Why are you asking if you don't care about the budget?

A 2 Titan X SLI is obviously (insignificantly) better than a 2 980 Ti SLI.

Actually, for gaming, there are quite a few benchmarks where the 980Ti beats the Titan X thanks to higher clocks and aftermarket coolers.

So non-reference 980Ti would be the way to go.

Actually, for gaming, there are quite a few benchmarks where the 980Ti beats the Titan X thanks to higher clocks and aftermarket coolers.

So non-reference 980Ti would be the way to go.

Are after market coolers even fine for 2 way SLI?

Are after market coolers even fine for 2 way SLI?

Sure. Why shouldn't they be?

Sure. Why shouldn't they be?

Two cards are blowing hot air in the case.

Isn't that bad for temps?

I would definitely go with 2 Titan X's.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k 4.3ghz MOBO: Asus Z87 Sabertooth RAM: 2x8GB RipJaws 1866mhz GPU: 2x GTX780ti SLI 1.2ghz SSD: 960GB 2x Intel 730 RAID0 CASE: Fractal Design Define S COOLING: Custom EK watercooling loop

Two cards are blowing hot air in the case.

Isn't that bad for temps?

Even with the blower style cooler of the reference GTXs, they heat up the case. Not all of the heat is expelled outside the case. It all depends on your case cooling.

I'd always go aftermarket over reference regardless of card to be honest.

If it was one, I would definitely say 980 ti, Since a non reference will run cooler, overclock better and beat a Titan X, for 300 less. But if its 2 then you have to worry about venting all that heat in your case, so the Titan X might be better for that reason. Whether its 700 dollars better is another matter. For me no friggin way, I could find so many other things to spend that money on that would improve your PC experience, including a liquid cooling set up.

However if you make close to six figures then 700 is probably a drop in the bucket.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

Neither, have a really extravagant night out and rest of the money goes to charity.

Lol not everything is tech hehe... Great post[emoji106]

2x Titan x or 2x 980ti?

Don't worry about budget

Actually if you're not watercooling the 980 Ti may outperform the Titan X simply because the aftermarket coolers are so much better. I don't see the value in 12 gigs of vram anyway to be honest, 6 is still pretty much overkill.

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

If it was one, I would definitely say 980 ti, Since a non reference will run cooler, overclock better and beat a Titan X, for 300 less. But if its 2 then you have to worry about venting all that heat in your case, so the Titan X might be better for that reason. Whether its 700 dollars better is another matter. For me no friggin way, I could find so many other things to spend that money on that would improve your PC experience, including a liquid cooling set up.

However if you make close to six figures then 700 is probably a drop in the bucket.

dual 980 Ti hybrid from EVGA? :P

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10