Titanfall – Nexon signs deal for exclusive Asia Free-to-Play version

Jerakl

Does anyone even play Titanfall at the moment.

I do every now and then.

Let me be clear.

Titanfall is about as dead as coD AW is.

I play it when the mood strikes me for a fast paced FPS. Although sometimes I have trouble finding a match due to my strict networking settings/ping limit.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Even if I stopped playing Titanfall I consider it the best online shooter since Natural Selection 2. The near-infinite scaling to player skill was its biggest asset, but it didn't have the content to last beyond 80 hours for me. But 80 hours is a whole heck of a lot for $32 (what I paid for it off that Russian website)

PS: Nexon is indeed one of the many spawns of satan, and maybe the worst in the MMO space.

That's funny cause NS2 is even more dead than Titanfall.

I miss Natural Selection :(

I play it only in Lans now cause it's a little slow

I just enjoyed the Titanfall beta better than the after release game since it just had the best maps there and the released game kept on alternating between the good and bad maps.

No Australia? :(

It's Asia only yo

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

What's with all the Nexon hate?

I played Maplestory as a kid for 8  years and it was basically my childhood.

Is there something I'm missing here?

Probably because for the majority of that time it was a Wizet game, before Nexon absorbed them and turned it into literal hell.

Green With Envy

A build based on a children's cartoon

That's funny cause NS2 is even more dead than Titanfall.

I miss Natural Selection :(

Indie shooters with a high learning curve always have a tough time.

That's my main issue with the eSports crowd, they only gravitate towards easy to learn games with low skill caps, if they really wanted competition they'd be playing stuff like NS2 and not DoTA.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Probably because for the majority of that time it was a Wizet game, before Nexon absorbed them and turned it into literal hell.

It became a Nexon game in 2005, it was originally developed in 2003 in tandem with both wizet and nexon.

The game had Nexon's hand in it way before it 'turned into literal hell'.

I'd say it got ruined around the 2011-2012 era.

Also, please don't use 'literal' if you mean 'figurative'.

Thanks

Indie shooters with a high learning curve always have a tough time.

That's my main issue with the eSports crowd, they only gravitate towards easy to learn games with low skill caps, if they really wanted competition they'd be playing stuff like NS2 and not DoTA.

Dota low skill cap? Are you high? Both are skill demanding and I don't think dota is a good example here.

Meh...while I enjoyed Titanfall for the handful of hours it lasted, I always keep my distance from "F2P" shooters anyway. Every one i've experienced has been balanced heavily in favour of paying costumers, with a terrible to non-existent anti-cheat system to boot.

Dota low skill cap? Are you high? Both are skill demanding and I don't think dota is a good example here.

A monkey can be conditioned to repeat wrist and keybind movement actions faster, faster, faster until there's no room for improvement. DoTA, LoL and SC2 are all the same repetition that anyone can master.

But you need a creative mind, a high spatial IQ and the ability to think 99 steps ahead to make use of terrain at breakneck pace like in NS2 while shielding your advance or retreat, making dynamic decisions all throughout, choosing retreat, advancement, to hide, to stall, to sabotage as the situation demands. Titanfall has some of the same elements though fewer of them.

There is strategy to the three aforementioned esports favourites, but not at the pace nor teamwork level of NS2, and these elements are hugely overshadowed by the simple repetitious motoric "skills" in terms of avenue to success.

The problem with NS2 though is that playing aliens to their max potential is a lot harder than playing marines to their max potential. Which is probably why competitive matches always have multiple rounds of team switches.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

A monkey can be conditioned to repeat wrist and keybind movement actions faster, faster, faster until there's no room for improvement. DoTA, LoL and SC2 are all the same repetition that anyone can master.

But you need a creative mind, a high spatial IQ and the ability to think 99 steps ahead to make use of terrain at breakneck pace like in NS2 while shielding your advance or retreat, making dynamic decisions all throughout, choosing retreat, advancement, to hide, to stall, to sabotage as the situation demands. Titanfall has some of the same elements though fewer of them.

There is strategy to the three aforementioned esports favourites, but not at the pace nor teamwork level of NS2, and these elements are hugely overshadowed by the simple repetitious motoric "skills" in terms of avenue to success.

The problem with NS2 though is that playing aliens to their max potential is a lot harder than playing marines to their max potential. Which is probably why competitive matches always have multiple rounds of team switches.

Startegy? Game knowledge? Dota LoL and SC2 are way more than just motoric skill, you are not a good player because you got the motoric skills, but because of your decision making and game reading. I'm not saying NS2 being bad or what, but I strongly disagree that Dota being low skill cap. Why not you say CoD instead? I don't see why a game that is being refreshed each year is able to get big enough to become Esports.

Startegy? Game knowledge? Dota LoL and SC2 are way more than just motoric skill, you are not a good player because you got the motoric skills, but because of your decision making and game reading. I'm not saying NS2 being bad or what, but I strongly disagree that Dota being low skill cap. Why not you say CoD instead? I don't see why a game that is being refreshed each year is able to get big enough to become Esports.

Ignore him, dude.

He's an obvious troll.

Ignore him, dude.

He's an obvious troll.

I think he's talking about changing up the games played in the esports scene.

I don't follow esports, but anything will stagnate if left alone for too long with no changes, which is why CoDs community has declined rather drastically.

It's Asia only yo

Yea but we are usually included because Australasia 

Yea but we are usually included because Australasia 

Yeah you're like right near China/Japan aren't you?

Respawn literally just left the game to die so I'd be surprised if it does well. At the very least for free it should be somewhat active.

So mad I bought the game for MSRP and the season pass (I didn't exactly make good use of the season pass, think I got sick of it before the first dlc came out..). T'is not a common thing I buy things for MSRP!