2 Graphics cards. NON SLI.

TBBZ8X8
Go to solution Solved by TheAmazingCookieFromSquare,

#1. Yes it's possible.You can even do 1 amd card and 1 NVIDIA card in the same system

#2. In the NVIDIA controll panel you can set each card to do different things such as 1 card to Folding@Home and 1 Card for displays

#3. Nah just fiddiling around with controll panel and drivers a bit more

#4. What cards are you planning on getting?980?980Ti?960?970?

#5. We shall find out when windows 10 is officially released with proper directx12

Ok so I currently have a gtx 780 and I just bought a 980ti based on an urge to be able to drive 4k well. OBVIOUSLY I CAN'T SLI THESE CARDS. I want to use the 780 to render videos and drive 2 non gaming 1080p displays and use the 980ti to drive the 4k display for exclusively gaming. 

A. Is this even possible or would I just be wasting power?

B. How would I set specific cards to do certain tasks?

C. Is it to much of a hassle?

D. What is the ABSOLUTE lowest wattage I need for this with an overclocked 4770k?

E. I remember a while ago DX12 had rumors of having support for Asynchronous Multi-GPU. Is that an actual thing or just peoples irrationally high expectations?

Ok so I currently have a gtx 780 and I just bought a 980ti based on an urge to be able to drive 4k well. OBVIOUSLY I CAN'T SLI THESE CARDS. I want to use the 780 to render videos and drive 2 non gaming 1080p displays and use the 980ti to drive the 4k display for exclusively gaming. 

D. What is the ABSOLUTE lowest wattage I need for this with an overclocked 4770k?

E. I remember a while ago DX12 had rumors of having support for Asynchronous Multi-GPU. Is that an actual thing or just peoples irrationally high expectations?

easy. just plug main display into 980ti, then the other two into the 780.

I run off a 750ti, but I also have a hd 6670 in my system. true trolls have intel, amd, and Nvidia all in one system. 

easy. just plug main display into 980ti, then the other two into the 780.

I run off a 750ti, but I also have a hd 6670 in my system. true trolls have intel, amd, and Nvidia all in one system.

Lol that would really be amazin to run all of possible types of graphics

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

#1. Yes it's possible.You can even do 1 amd card and 1 NVIDIA card in the same system

#2. In the NVIDIA controll panel you can set each card to do different things such as 1 card to Folding@Home and 1 Card for displays

#3. Nah just fiddiling around with controll panel and drivers a bit more

#4. What cards are you planning on getting?980?980Ti?960?970?

#5. We shall find out when windows 10 is officially released with proper directx12

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

Lol that would really be amazin to run all of possible types of graphics

all I need to do is run off integrated to.

....can't, xeon lyfe. but im happy having a AMD card in my system doing nothing lol. its weird to right click on my desktop and see options for AMD and Nvidia control panels. 

OP, what you want will work perfectly. you could probably get away with 600 watts, but for enough connectors and junk you will want a 750. for your last question, people are mostly just hopeful. AMD might do it, but Nvidia is so tight about CC that they probably wont allow it

I tried it.Could not get R7 260X and NVIDIA GTX 980's to work together properly

really? worked fine for me. Messes up a tad on start up deciding what GPU to use for the primary display. sometimes I dont see anything until the windows splash. but besides that it works fine.

really? worked fine for me. Messes up a tad on start up deciding what GPU to use for the primary display. sometimes I dont see anything until the windows splash. but besides that it works fine.

No I got like hardcore bottlenecks since I do have 5820K and 980's and stuff.I really can't afford to throw in a Fury X right now but I do plan on doing it once prices drop some more.Actually within a month or to as well as get rid of the 980's I have for a 980Ti so like 5820K+980Ti+Fury X=Ultimate Troll.Also not to mention my system is custom watercooled

@tmcclelland455 had a 7950 and 480 running together without an issue for awhile.

Not sure at all how well it worked though. :/

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

a. Yes it's possible.

b. Settings for programs? (And plug the monitors you want the GPU to power into the specific GPU, so if you want to use the 980ti for gaming, then plug the monitor you want to game on into the 980ti)

c. idk

d. 750w? maybe 700w?

e. idk, haven't heard of issues myself.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Another thing you can do is (on games that use it) have the 780 as a physx card.

Works quite well actually.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS