Convincing my parents

Nicholas15

Man if I had this Rig when i was a growing up,  think of all the activities! If your parents are well off and by the sound of it they are that's great. Try to get the best you can if they are willing to spend that kind of money. But Like some others have said you better be taking out the trash and washing the dishes until you move out and be extremely great full. Also if you have other gaming devices you should think about selling them in order to come up with more money. 

i7 5820k, Asus Deluxe x99 3.1 board, 2 Strix980tis Sli, Intel 480gb SSD, 4T WD Black, Asus PG278Q, Acer xb271hu, UpDesk! 

Three years ago was the Sandy-bridge era, which shouldn't be all that bad even now. Can you post the build of your current desktop?

I agree that something midrange would be nice, less than 1200 euros.

^This^

Main PC: 4690k, LMG Edition G1 Gaming GTX 980, 16GB Hyper X Fury, Asus Z97-A, EVGA G2 850W, Crucial MX100 128GB, WD Red 1TB 2.5", Dark Rock 3

Laptop: Asus UX305 Monitor: Asus PB278Q Keyboard: Filco Majestouch 2 TKL Mouse: Corsair M65

Three years ago was the Sandy-bridge era, which shouldn't be all that bad even now. Can you post the build of your current desktop?

I agree that something midrange would be nice, less than 1200 euros.

I dont know my current build, My uncle made it when I was 11, I upgraded it last year to an i5 4690k processor and a new mobo, I will re-use the CPU if I get a new build :)

I'm sure I told someone like you to make sure your parent's processor weren't overheating. Gee, proper cooling solutions these days obviously aren't cool enough to convince parents.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

^This^

Stanvard, I changed my build too this http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/qvfjMp and I Do do things but I feel that im underpaid, I take out the trash, mow the lawn, take the clothes in and out of the dryer, I clean, I help everyone in the house with IT issues constantly, I do the weed killing in the garden, I cut the bushes, I sometimes water the plants, and for £10 a week, some may say £10 is alot of money but I live in a well off(ish) area where most kids my age are getting like £40 a week!!! which I think is utterly insane

I'm sure I told someone like you to make sure your parent's processor weren't overheating. Gee, proper cooling solutions these days obviously aren't cool enough to convince parents.

Sorry what? neither of my parents have PCs, they have Ipads, and Iphones, thats it

Im also ggoing to sell my xbox 360 and all the games on that so that could get me another £300 or so to help with funding my build

Sorry what? neither of my parents have PCs, they have Ipads, and Iphones, thats it

It's a little joke of mine. My computer most recently wasn't convinced it could run Far Cry 3 at 60FPS and then I got proper cooling and that "convinced it." See where I'm going with the joke?

Im also ggoing to sell my xbox 360 and all the games on that so that could get me another £300 or so to help with funding my build

I don't believe Xbox 360s go for more than you pay for a brand new one. Maybe a bit over £100 with the games.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

It's a little joke of mine. My computer most recently wasn't convinced it could run Far Cry 3 at 60FPS and then I got proper cooling and that "convinced it." See where I'm going with the joke?

Nope, not a clue, Im not good with jokes, sorry, are you telling to cool my current system to see if it will get any better preformance?

lol you have a 4k monitor or something... cause I'm 99% sure that 980ti is overkill...

One 980Ti isn't overkill I actually need a second one look what framerate I'm getting in GTA V:

xncccbverm.bmp

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Slap a 980Ti in your old PC and done? 

I think id have some bottle necking issues

My PC is 4.5 years old and it runs fine  ;)

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

My PC is 4.5 years old and it runs fine  ;)

fair enough

Stanvard, I changed my build too this http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/qvfjMp and I Do do things but I feel that im underpaid, I take out the trash, mow the lawn, take the clothes in and out of the dryer, I clean, I help everyone in the house with IT issues constantly, I do the weed killing in the garden, I cut the bushes, I sometimes water the plants, and for £10 a week, some may say £10 is alot of money but I live in a well off(ish) area where most kids my age are getting like £40 a week!!! which I think is utterly insane

That seems a fair bit more reasonable. What have you got on your resume? Volunteer work helps a lot, and people are always looking for free work. Having that on your resume will make you more desirable to employers. Also, submit your resume everywhere, don't pick and choose. Almost everyone's early jobs aren't great. You're more likely to hit someone with a shotgun than a revolver. Also, I would recommend a Be Quiet Pure Rock or Shadow Rock 2 over a 212 Evo. :)

Main PC: 4690k, LMG Edition G1 Gaming GTX 980, 16GB Hyper X Fury, Asus Z97-A, EVGA G2 850W, Crucial MX100 128GB, WD Red 1TB 2.5", Dark Rock 3

Laptop: Asus UX305 Monitor: Asus PB278Q Keyboard: Filco Majestouch 2 TKL Mouse: Corsair M65

Where would the bottleneck be? Considering that you're already reusing your CPU.

fair enough

I guess your just spoiled, when this PC was build I was 15 too all I got was a GTS 450 not a 480  :P . Was 50%/50% total cost of PC was 600€ monitor 150€

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

That seems a fair bit more reasonable. What have you got on your resume? Volunteer work helps a lot, and people are always looking for free work. Having that on your resume will make you more desirable to employers. Also, submit your resume everywhere, don't pick and choose. Almost everyone's early jobs aren't great. You're more likely to hit someone with a shotgun than a revolver. Also, I would recommend a Be Quiet Pure Rock or Shadow Rock 2 over a 212 Evo. :)

Thanks for the advice :D I will definetly put it on my resume 

Also pirate windows because only chumps actually pay for it  ;)

i want to die

I have a fucking hard drive from 2004 in my computer and it works fine*

i want to die

Also pirate windows because only chumps actually pay for it  ;)

No only noobs like you pirate it  :P

I bought it from Microsoft itself for 29.99 back when Windows 8 came out.

Ironic how your signature says: Contact me for professional web development.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I guess your just spoiled, when this PC was build I was 15 too all I got was a GTS 450 not a 480  :P . Was 50%/50% total cost of PC was 600€ monitor 150€

Spoiled? please stop with the name calling

Spoiled? please stop with the name calling

Yes, you want to convince your parents to buy a £1600 PC that's freaking 2243 euro. 4 more times what my PC when I was 15 costed.

Instead of just getting a new GPU.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Yes, you want to convince your parents to buy a £1600 PC that's freaking 2243 euro.

Instead of just getting a new GPU.

I never said that, just stop with the name calling, theres no need