Convincing my parents

Nicholas15

No.. Such... Thing... There's never a thing called overkill, in 6 months there could be a game thst utilizes all 18cores of thst one insanely powerful Xeon. In 3 months a game could come out thst is so greatly optimized but even a GTX 970 can barely hit 60fps on it. Even for 1080p games Maxxed out like GTA V the 980ti only gets around 60fps. No single card setup is made for 4k also to get a good FPS like 60 on the latest triple a games you need an SLI or crossfire setup. The 980Ti is a Maxxed out 1080p 144hz or 1440p 60-100hz depending on the game.

I plan to move onto SLI but im not going to get ahead of my-self 

No.. Such... Thing... There's never a thing called overkill, in 6 months there could be a game thst utilizes all 18cores of thst one insanely powerful Xeon. In 3 months a game could come out thst is so greatly optimized but even a GTX 970 can barely hit 60fps on it. Even for 1080p games Maxxed out like GTA V the 980ti only gets around 60fps. No single card setup is made for 4k also to get a good FPS like 60 on the latest triple a games you need an SLI or crossfire setup. The 980Ti is a Maxxed out 1080p 144hz or 1440p 60-100hz depending on the game.

Well a lot of the time, you can get a good gaming experience for 4k with just turning down some settings that don't really affect the overall visuals too much but affect the frame rate alot. Also I really doubt there's a game like that even in five years, the consoles are still anemic as ever and nothings going to change that.. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

They dont know its optimised for gaming :P I also want to go and do something with mechanical architecture, Im in high school and already slightly does university level CAD for my classes, or something with PCs like server maintenance or maybe even help create the components that we all use! :D

Okay so no reason other than gaming for the rig you linked. Good luck justifying that one to them. Maybe tone back the rig or pay for it all yourself. I could see them paying €400 so a €1000 PC should be more than enough for gaming and such. 

Why not just upgrade the old one?

The old one ran on a micro motherboard with 2 lots or ram and a sock heatsink, no ssd, 1tb hdd, and a beast of a gpu but I dont know what one it is, Its MSI, plastic, and blue themed xD

Okay so no reason other than gaming for the rig you linked. Good luck justifying that one to them. Maybe tone back the rig or pay for it all yourself. I could see them paying €400 so a €1000 PC should be more than enough for gaming and such. 

I in no way said it was JUST for gaming, about 60% of its use will be gaming

Well a lot of the time, you can get a good gaming experience for 4k with just turning down some settings that don't really affect the overall visuals too much but affect the frame rate alot. Also I really doubt there's a game like that even in five years, the consoles are still anemic as ever and nothings going to change that.. 

I just want a beast that can be Upgraded, and this is it

I in no way said it was JUST for gaming, about 60% of its use will be gaming

I never claim it was just for gaming but unless you can show a practical use for the rig other than gaming you parents would be nuts to pay that much towards a rig for you. 

Is the money the issue, or the fact that they dont trust you build a pc?

If its the money, there are parts of the system that can be slashed, but it wont half the price or anything...

Money, Were not tight on money or anything, just stuffs going on at my dads work and this year everyones sallery was cut by 15% so hes a little, tighter than usual, He works for BP and we all know how petrol is doing with prices

I never claim it was just for gaming but unless you can show a practical use for the rig other than gaming you parents would be nuts to pay that much towards a rig for you. 

Nuts? No. However they wouldnt like it

I just want a beast that can be Upgraded, and this is it

Then it might be best to cut the things like the extra ssd's to shave down the price

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

Nuts? No. However they wouldnt like it

I see a trend here, everyone but you is saying you should make a cheaper rig and your parents should not buy/help you buy the one you linked above. 

Then it might be best to cut the things like the extra ssd's to shave down the price

i might buy a single tiny 50gb or so ssd too boot off of and then use the 3tb for storage until I get another 500b ssd to store my good games and files on

holy fuckballs that's a killer PC for a 15 year old

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

I see a trend here, everyone but you is saying you should make a cheaper rig and your parents should not buy/help you buy the one you linked above. 

No one is saying DONT BUY THIS RIG, some are saying I could shave a few, un-necessary parts off, thats all

i might buy a single tiny 50gb or so ssd too boot off of and then use the 3tb for storage until I get another 500b ssd to store my good games and files on

Maybe also just get an 8gb stick of ram for now, and upgrade it later on

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

holy fuckballs that's a killer PC for a 15 year old

Yes I knwo, for the 4th time, its too last me a good 5-10 years

Maybe also just get an 8gb stick of ram for now, and upgrade it later on

One 8Gb, or 2 4Gb?

No one is saying DONT BUY THIS RIG, some are saying I could shave a few, un-necessary parts off, thats all

That is saying don't buy this rig yes. They are saying change it by removing unnecessary parts. 

One 8Gb, or 2 4Gb?

One 8gb so you can upgrade later without needing all the slots. you could just get 2 4gb's if you dont need 16gb (Only time Ive come near 8gb or ram usage was when I was running osx in a virtual machine)

That is saying don't buy this rig yes. They are saying change it by removing unnecessary parts. 

Yes but the basis of the rig are the same, therefor, its the same rig, your not being very helpful

Yes I knwo, for the 4th time, its too last me a good 5-10 years

Also mind the fact that tech is always in a state of flux, and a really good card right now many not be up to snuf in as little as 2/3 years.

One 8gb so you can upgrade later without needing all the slots. you could just get 2 4gb's if you dont need 16gb (Only time Ive come near 8gb or ram usage was when I was running osx in a virtual machine)

yeah, I was wondering something, my current ram is 2x4gb hyperx blu but they are not made anymore, How much would they sell for second hand?

Also mind the fact that tech is always in a state of flux, and a really good card right now many not be up to snuf in as little as 2/3 years.

No I know, I will be changing it through out the years, but I love this at the moment

yeah, I was wondering something, my current ram is 2x4gb hyperx blu but they are not made anymore, How much would they sell for second hand?

Why not just reuse those and save yourself the hastle of selling them? Maybe just plastidip the heat spreader red to match the build