gigabyte windforce vs powercolor PCS+

experiencednoob

windforce

Such sexy, So graphics. Wow!

Main PC: 4690k, LMG Edition G1 Gaming GTX 980, 16GB Hyper X Fury, Asus Z97-A, EVGA G2 850W, Crucial MX100 128GB, WD Red 1TB 2.5", Dark Rock 3

Laptop: Asus UX305 Monitor: Asus PB278Q Keyboard: Filco Majestouch 2 TKL Mouse: Corsair M65

What do you mean?

I would get the Windforce card. :)

Main PC: 4690k, LMG Edition G1 Gaming GTX 980, 16GB Hyper X Fury, Asus Z97-A, EVGA G2 850W, Crucial MX100 128GB, WD Red 1TB 2.5", Dark Rock 3

Laptop: Asus UX305 Monitor: Asus PB278Q Keyboard: Filco Majestouch 2 TKL Mouse: Corsair M65

best r9 290?

The tri x is awesome, but is SUPER power hungry and has a load of driver issues. Cannot reccomend.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460Motherboard: Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GBStorage: A-Data Premier Pro SP900 128GBGPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC Video CardCase: Corsair SPEC-01 REDPower Supply: EVGA 600BNetworking Card: TP-Link TL-WDN4800Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" MonitorKeyboard: Razer BlackWidow Tournament Edition (Cherry MX Blue) Mouse: Logitech G100s | Quote me and say "Dope Flamingo" if you actually read this. 

Gigabyte isn't really great with AMD cards, but it is slightly better than Powercolor

I would personally recommend MSI and Sapphire when it comes to AMD

PCS+ is a great cooler. It's probably the best one for 290/290x.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

I'd go with gigabyte, i hear powercolour doesn't use as high quality components than other manufacturers.

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

PCS+ beats the Gigabyte card easily. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

i vote gigabyte,except you get very cheap for power color

I've got 2 PCS+ 290xs, the cooler handily beats the Wind force. It's a two-and-a-half-slot beast. The shroud is metal, it has a backplate and they all have hynix memory. When not using crossfire the card temperature stays in the 60s. Look up a review of it. It's beaten only by the Vapour-X

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/powercolor-pcs-r9-290x-graphics-card-review,review-32943.html

Either the Tri-X, Vapor-X or PCS+, they're easily the best 200 series coolers, Gigabyte isn't renowned for their good AMD coolers, their cards are noisier than the rest and often times have coil whine. When going AMD, you go with either: Sapphire, XFX (their 200 series coolers aren't this great though), PowerColor (they have bad customer support), and for the 300 series, MSI and ASUS, if you can get your hands on a STRIX.