Does Anybody Else in The U.S. Find This Funny?

Tie Lightning

Hey y'all :) So i'm sure many of you have heard about what happened to the wrestling star Hulk Hogan, and if not watch this... (

)...

But for those of us in the good 'ol U.S.A. , Does anybody find it funny or interesting that while the constitution gives freedom of speech to say whatever you want, people don't allow other people that same freedom of speech? The fact that people can say something and lose so much which they have worked really hard to earn. I also find it funny/interesting how people these days are easily offended, if someone does (and people do) say offensive things about me or my beliefs i don't get angry and advocate for their losing their jobs or the ruining of their lives, i understand that they think differently from me and then i move on...i don't hold a grudge. Are any of you the same way? or am i the odd one out? And what do y'all think of the hulk hogan situation? Thanks :)   

CPU: AMD FX-6300     COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO    MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0    RAM: Team Vulcan 8Gb (4Gb x 2) , G-Skill Sniper (4Gb x 2)    PSU: Rosewill HIVE-750w    GPU: ASUS HD 7790 2Gb OC    CASE: NZXT Phantom 410    STORAGE: WD Black 1Tb , Intel 530 120Gb     AUDIO: HyperX Cloud , Sennheiser HD 518 , Audio Technica ATH-M30 , Sennheiser MM30G , Yamaha RX-V361 , Pioneer SP-BS22     PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge     PERIPHERALS: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic , Logitech g502 ( Thanks Syntaxvgm <3 )

racist speech is not allowed by the constitution

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

It's called SJWs and liberals. The cancer of society.

I'm talking about a specific type of liberal though. Mainly radicals.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

It's how people abuse the constitution itself

Freedom of speach does not mean freedom from consequences

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

this can't be said enough. the government isn't going to fine or sue him, people will.

No it does not, but nor is anyone guaranteed the "right to not be offended".

Being offended by something doesn't give you special power or special rights. True, freedom of speech comes with consequences, but at the same time, people need to grow up and not take every offensive comment as though it were the end of the world. Everyone has a right to their own moronic asinine opinion.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

To me.. It's whatever. Everyone has an opinion. I'm not racist towards blacks but I generally dont like people that sag their pants, do any type of drug just to do it, are hard headed about everything, anyone who talks "ghetto" ( especially people who do it to do it because they "can" ", people who make fun of other people because they don't have a iPhone, don't wear beats, ect ( this happens a lot at my school where you don't follow the fashion statement you are done for but a lot of people aren't like me where I can just ignore them because I know I wasn't ripped off by a company like beats or Apple). In my school generally any race does a lot of this stuff which is probably why I have a bad opinion about them. I won't be like f***ing dirty ( insert race here ) or whatever, I've got friends that are Mexican, African American, Italian, Chinese, and a few more. I see no reason to hate a certain race, I do see a reason to dislike certain types of people.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

The First Amendment does not stop protecting ideas or speech when it becomes hateful. It protects it all, even if it is bigoted and racist. What about the potential consequences? Not so much.

Sucks for Hogan. One moment of stupidity eight years ago is starting to remove what he worked hard for and earned.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Sorry but had to call this one out. 1st Amendment: "Congress shall make no law... abridging the freedom of speech". (from Wikipedia). Please explain to me how racist speech, formally known as hate speech, is banned by the constitution.

To me.. It's whatever. Everyone has an opinion. I'm not racist towards blacks but I generally dont like people that sag their pants, do any type of drug just to do it, are hard headed about everything, anyone who talks "ghetto" ( especially people who do it to do it because they "can" ", people who make fun of other people because they don't have a iPhone, don't wear beats, ect ( this happens a lot at my school where you don't follow the fashion statement you are done for but a lot of people aren't like me where I can just ignore them because I know I wasn't ripped off by a company like beats or Apple). In my school generally any race does a lot of this stuff which is probably why I have a bad opinion about them. I won't be like f***ing dirty ( insert race here ) or whatever, I've got friends that are Mexican, African American, Italian, Chinese, and a few more. I see no reason to hate a certain race, I do see a reason to dislike certain types of people.

I despise people that sag their pants and "Talk ghetto". Nothing more off putting than someone who talks like they have the education of a 5 year old.

Sorry but had to call this one out. 1st Amendment: "Congress shall make no law... abridging the freedom of speech". (from Wikipedia). Please explain to me how racist speech, formally known as hate speech, is banned by the constitution.

It isn't. Taking racist actions is (yet we can have the NAACP, historically black colleges, etc. In truth, in modern america, anyone can be racist, as long as they arent white)

The KKK is legally allowed to hold "parades" under the freedom of speech.

People should be able to communicate freely and with whatever words they choose. 
In the example of Hulk Hogan, this "racist comment" was made 8ish years ago in a private conversation.
If Hulk Hogan was burning black people of course it's wrong and he should be punished accordingly, but having an opinion and sharing it means that nothing has been done wrong. 
If one is offended then so be it.  He/she was looking to be offended anyways.

No, it's not funny but instead represents how pitiful so much of the world is.

What defines Hate speech?  Something that someone doesn't like or offends somebody?

Hate speech is speech that offends, threatens, or insults groups, based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or other traits.
                 ---americanbar .org

actually...  it's exactly what it means

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

People should be able to communicate freely and with whatever words they choose. 

In the example of Hulk Hogan, this "racist comment" was made 8ish years ago in a private conversation.

If Hulk Hogan was burning black people of course it's wrong and he should be punished accordingly, but having an opinion and sharing it means that nothing has been done wrong. 

If one is offended then so be it.  He/she was looking to be offended anyways.

No, it's not funny but instead represents how pitiful so much of the world is.

What defines Hate speech?  Something that someone doesn't like or offends somebody?

Personally, I think of this whole "that's offensive" movement to be hate speech. They hate the idea of anyone disliking them or disagreeing with them, WHICH IS WHAT OUR SOCIETY IS FOUNDED UPON. People disagreeing peacefully.

It's called SJWs and liberals. The cancer of society.

I'm talking about a specific type of liberal though. Mainly radicals.

The "cancer" of society is generalizing people into parties and beliefs. All that causes is stubborn disagreement and no progression.

System: Thinkpad T460

Freedom of Speech, yo. I don't condone it, but it's not illegal. 

The "cancer" of society is generalizing people into parties and beliefs. All that causes is stubborn disagreement and no progression.

Very true, but the problem is that on an organizational level, we need to be able to group people together, otherwise basic conversation becomes impossible. This is compounded by the fact that the news is run on advertising and ratings, meaning you have to say what you have to say, but you gotta be quick about it because we have to cut to commercial to make another ridiculous amount of money.

Now that is truth! 

It's also getting people to become loyal to one of those parties and just eat up everything without conscious thought...  

A house divided against itself cannot stand

Abraham Lincoln

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

Very true, but the problem is that on an organizational level, we need to be able to group people together, otherwise basic conversation becomes impossible. This is compounded by the fact that the news is run on advertising and ratings, meaning you have to say what you have to say, but you gotta be quick about it because we have to cut to commercial to make another ridiculous amount of money.

That's what I was going to say, but it didn't post.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Now that is truth! 

It's also getting people to become loyal to one of those parties and just eat up everything without conscious thought...  

Yep. Everything turns into a petty argument of nobody giving up ground and everybody having an us against them mentality.

And then people see things in the media/internet and feel obligated to believe in and support them as they are of the same party.

Abraham Lincoln is rolling over in his grave right now lol

System: Thinkpad T460

This was made 8 years ago in a time he has described many times as the worst time of his live. His kid was in Jail, his waste of air Ex-Wife was trying to ruin him publicly and financially he was in the middle of many spinal operations that almost left him paralyzed and he has said he was in a very dark place mentally and emotionally and almost killed himself. The man has very publicly apologized and has MANY black friends that are standing by him and backing him up. (Virgil (WWF), George Forman, Dennis Rodman just to name a few) Someone should ask Mr T about when Hulk came to his aid when his brother in law and business manager robbed him blind and he was diagnosed with Cancer. 

In the end I think Rowdy Roddy Piper said it best. This country is too sensitive and people need to Get a Life. 

See I'm a 21st century digital boy,
I don't know how to live but I've got a lot of toys. 

Freedom of speech, as in free to speak against government, not the freedom to spout out whatever crosses your mind.

This was put in place as under colonial times you could be shot for speak out against the King, the founders wanted to stop it happening here as well.

Idiots here in the US are all about 'I have the right of free speech', yes you can speak out against government wrong doing but to be belligerent or disgraceful that is not a right.

Quote;

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Freedom of speech, as in free to speak against government, not the freedom to spout out whatever crosses your mind.

This was put in place as under colonial times you could be shot for speak out against the King, the founders wanted to stop it happening here as well.

Idiots here in the US are all about 'I have the right of free speech', yes you can speak out against government wrong doing but to be belligerent or disgraceful that is not a right.

Quote;

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

You are wrong. The First Amendment quite clearly states "or abridging the freedom of speech". No where in there do you see exceptions nor does it only relate to the government. You have the right to say whatever you want, however stupid, racist, religious, or otherwise socially "unacceptable" it is.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |