Who else is hyped about windows 10

Textosterone

What are you excited about?

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

return of the start button

/thread

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

DX12 when thats out and just the fact that it looks fresh.

Is that coming out at the same time?

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

DX12 games that will come soon. I already have Windows 10 as an Insider and I can't go back to any previous version of windows

I hope it's going to be like windows 8.1 with the best features of windows 7. PLS MICROSOFT.

Is that coming out at the same time?

I am not entirely sure when its out all I know is that its exclusive to windows 10.

I am not entirely sure when its out all I know is that its exclusive to windows 10.

DirectX 12 is available in Windows 10 (I have it). The only issue is software/games that use it. Currently there is only tech demos available 

not me, Rubbish Microsoft won't let you disable automatic updates and that's a deal breaker for me otherwise i was excited about directx12 but now it seems that I will using Windows 8 for at least next 2 years.

Maybe someone will figure out a way to get around it - that'd be nice.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

return of the start button

/thread

Sadly the new start button sucks ass compared to the original. Less efficient.

blackshades on

Maybe someone will figure out a way to get around it - that'd be nice.

I done see the problem with automatic updates.

Join da discord 

Spoiler

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

I and many other users prefer to download/install updates manually - automatic updates can screw things up.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

The issue is that you can't disable them in home edition, and there's also a rumor going about how it'll force-restart your PC or whatever.

same, automatic updates will help the majority keep secure. The most common complaint is that people think it will restart on its own. Which is not the case as in windows update there is an option to have windows ask to restart or schedule a time. 

834f7798d70b20c648c1a13918e8d178.png

If DX12 allows SLI VRAM Stacking I'll definitely start saving for another 390. 16GB of fucking VRAM, what more do you need?

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

DX12...I mean who wouldn't want better performance on their games :)...Well if those games support windows 10 anyway :P 

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

Yes, I am excited, here's why.

1. Improvements to the Modern UI. It no longer fights with the Desktop, they get along nicely.

2. Microsoft Edge. Add Extension Support and I will be using it.

3. Changes to how push-button reset works. Instead of relying on a recovery image on a separate partition, it seems to use the already existing system files to reset and refresh. Drivers would not be removed, and any perinatalled apps will be stored in provisioning packages. If these are removed, removing bloat ware quickly would be no problem.

4. Multiple Desktops. I have ran out of screen space multiple times on my laptop with a 1366x768 display. Having Multiple Desktops would help multitasking.

5. Better Snap. Hasn't been improved much since 2009, it's about time we get to snap more than 2 things.

6. Modern Apps in Windows. I don't use them much, but Edge is one of them. It's great that they can be ran in a window now.

7. DirectX 12 deserves a mention here, even though it will take time until you could be 100% sure that a new AAA game supports it.

8. Biometric sign-in (aka Windows Hello). My laptop has a fingerprint reader, but it hasn't seen a finger swiped on it since mid 2014 when I first bought it. I have since then reinstalled Windws several times, and now have some kind of install with all of the hardware working and no OEM branding. However, the fingerprint reader is supposed to be used with a security utility provided by the OEM, which takes up a lot of system resources and pushes you to use their own password manager and drive encryption. Windows has supported biometric devices since Windows 7, but it has never had any method of logging in with one built-in until now.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

not me, Rubbish Microsoft won't let you disable automatic updates and that's a deal breaker for me otherwise i was excited about directx12 but now it seems that I will using Windows 8 for at least next 2 years.

Why is this a deal breaker exactly? 

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Why is this a deal breaker exactly? 

Forced updates on home edition.

Forced updates on home edition.

I fail to see how thats bad in anyway?  :huh:

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

You should be able to pick and choose what updates you want to install

See I'm a 21st century digital boy,
I don't know how to live but I've got a lot of toys. 

Why is that such a big deal?

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

"rubbish microsoft"

coming from the guy who has AC Unity's logo as his avatar?

Useful threads: Code of Conduct || Unofficial LTT Beginners Guide || Forum FAQ

CPU: Intel Core i5 4440 GPU: GTX 760 MOBO: Asrock Z97 Anniversary RAM: 8GB Adata @ 1600 Mhz Case: Define R4 SSD: Kingston V300 128 GB

HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda NAS: 3TB Seagate Barracudas in RAID 1 PSU: EVGA 600B (600W 80+ Bronze) Display: LG 23MP75 (1080p IPS @ 60hz) 

I have been an insider since it started, and I am LOVING it. I am running W10 build 10240 for the past month only booting to W7 when a program does not work. 

CPU: Intel i7-8700k 5GHz @ 1.35v | Cooling: EK Predator 360 | MotherBoard: ASUS z370-E | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32gb 3200MHz (4 x 8GB) | GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 TI OC

Case: Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra Modded side panel | SSD: Samsung 512gb 960 Pro | HDDS: 3TB Segate 7200rpm / 4TB HGST 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA G3 1000w | Display:ASUS VG248QE 24" / HP 25" 2511x / SAMSUNG 35" TV

Ex HDD: 3TB WD MyBook USB 3.0 | Keyboard: Rosewill MX Blue / Corsair K70 Red | Mouse: Logitech G602 | OS: Windows 10 64-bit Home Premium