Is Razer really that bad?

Razer seems to be the company which receives the most hate when it comes to their products.

The three main arguments that seem to come across are:

1) Poor build quality

2) Break easily

3) Overpriced

I have owned a Razer Deathadder for a few months now and also a Razer Blackwidow chroma and I have never had a problem with them whatsoever.

Sure, some of the products are a bit plasticky but that doesn't mean they are poorly built. The plastic they use feels reasonably firm if you ask me.

I'm not sure how many people have never actually owned a Razer product but claimed they break easily. I am not however saying that they haven't had issues in the past because it does seem as if they have had some quality control issues in the past.

Lets be honest, Razer products really aren't too much more expensive than their competitors..

Why is there so much hate to do with Razer..?

I don't like 2D games...I just couldn't get into them.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

People like band wagons and hate. Razer isn't bad. They have some bad products but so does corsair. Doesn't mean they're actually bad as a company.

Corsair CX PSUs suck harder than any razer product. Logitech has some bad keyboard. ect ect

blackshades on

Because people like to hate the companies which appeal to casual gamers, including razer and alienware. Sometimes they are good, though there is often a better option.

I really want a Kraken headset, my friend has one and it's not that bad. I don't see why they get so much hate, Corsair and other companies have bad stuff too. At least Razer doesn't have a tramp stamp like Corsair.

I really want a Kraken headset, my friend has one and it's not that bad. I don't see why they get so much hate, Corsair and other companies have bad stuff too. At least Razer doesn't have a tramp stamp like Corsair.

They are getting rid of the tramp stamp

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

Razer seems to be the company which receives the most hate when it comes to their products.

1) Poor build quality

2) Break easily

3) Overpriced

I have owned a Razer Deathadder for a few months now and also a Razer Blackwidow chroma and I have never had a problem with them whatsoever.

Sure, some of the products are a bit plasticky but that doesn't mean they are poorly built. The plastic they use feels reasonably firm if you ask me.

I'm not sure how many people have never actually owned a Razer product but claimed they break easily. I am not however saying that they haven't had issues in the past because it does seem as if they have had some quality control issues in the past.

Lets be honest, Razer products really aren't too much more expensive than their competitors..

Why is there so much hate to do with Razer..?

Because it's a 'flasy' company, they got their own thing going with aesthetics and marketing, and many people assume that means poor quality, but if you look at any list of best mice/keyboards, i assure you, Razer is always there, fuck haters and prejudiced people that rip on something without actually owning it

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

Razer is not bad.. I heard the mice are bad tho. I don't own a razer mouse so idk. I the headsets r fine they last a long time. The keyboards are perfectly fine.

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

I do like Razer but the Kraken really does not agree with me, it squashes my head so much it hurts after half an hour. Everything else I do like though

CPU: FX-6300 GPU: Sapphire R9 380X MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB PSU: XFX XTR 550W CASE: Zalman Z11 Plus SSD: Samsung 840 Evo

17 years old, PC Enthusiast for 3. Be gentle with me, I'm only young.

Doesn't mean they're actually bad as a company.

Corsair CX PSUs suck harder than any razer product.

1. Yes they are

2. Comparing PSUs to crappy, overpriced peripherals is a bit stupid. It's also stupid as CX series PSUs aren't THAT bad.

They have some bad products but not all of them are bad.

The reason they get so much hate is because they love to make bold statements about their products saying that one quality of their product is the best even when it isn't by a long shot compared to other companies.

1) Poor build quality

2) Break easily

What is the difference between these two?

2 is caused by 1

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

I hate them. Overpriced garbage IMO. I think their software is a bit bloatwary at times too, with annoying popups when you turn on your PC.

people just hate on them just because other people do or linus will say something and people will just agree with him. razer do make some bad products but they make allot of good ones aswell so does apple, corsair, microsoft and just about every other company.

its the same with AMD, people hate them because other people say they are rubish

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

I do like Razer but the Kraken really does not agree with me, it squashes my head so much it hurts after half an hour. Everything else I do like though

Well it's better than my Turtle Beach headset.

1) Poor build quality

2) Break easily

3) Overpriced

These 3 things are all connected. They break easily due to poor build quality, which wouldn't be that bad if they weren't so overpriced.  They are still ok, I know people that have used their products and normally after a year or 2 of use they break.  While things do break over time for the price people pay it should last longer.

The only thing Razer I use is their Goliathus mouse pad, I wouldn't touch anything else from them.

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

1. Yes they are

2. Comparing PSUs to crappy, overpriced peripherals is a bit stupid. It's also stupid as CX series PSUs aren't THAT bad.

I guess every company is shitty if they have a few shit products. I don't buy EVGA PSUs because it's EVGA, but because their current lineup rules. The G1 series from EVGA is total trash; however, G2 rules.

Why is it stupid? PSUs are even worse since they can kill your whole computer. Razer has a style that aims towards cool and flashy folks. Yes CX PSUs are THAT BAD compared to what you can get for the same price.

Your arguments seem fixated and bias. Subjective.

blackshades on

My razer orochi has a double click issue

It drives me crazy.

You know that guy that games on a MacBook? I'm that guy.

I guess every company is shitty if they have a few shit products. I don't buy EVGA PSUs because it's EVGA, but because their current lineup rules. The G1 series from EVGA is total trash; however, G2 rules.

Why is it stupid? PSUs are even worse since they can kill your whole computer. Razer has a style that aims towards cool and flashy folks. Yes CX PSUs are THAT BAD compared to what you can get for the same price.

Your arguments seem fixated and bias. Subjective.

*sigh*

Razer products are famous for having short life spans. "Cool and flashy folks", no more like people who don't know how to look at other companies. You're saying that CX PSUs are bad for the price (which I disagree with MOSTLY, I do see where you're coming from), but you're defending Razer. That's like saying that you love democracy and then going to jack off to pictures of Kim Jong Il.

*sigh*

Razer products are famous for having short life spans. "Cool and flashy folks", no more like people who don't know how to look at other companies. You're saying that CX PSUs are bad for the price (which I disagree with MOSTLY, I do see where you're coming from), but you're defending Razer. That's like saying that you love democracy and then going to jack off to pictures of Kim Jong Il.

I've never had an issue with my past Razer products. I now own a Mionix Naos which lasted about a year and has a bad righ button. Is Mionix bad because of this? lol no. I'm defending Razer because I've had other companies products last just as long as a Razer product. Unless you've had multiple Razer products break and die on you then you're just riding the bandwagon. Razers software is genuinely good and offers a great ecosystem compared to Corsairs peripherals. 

blackshades on

I have been using Razer products for almost 2 years now i have found my fair share of good and bad experiences, atm i have a Blackwidow Ultimate and Razer Naga which have been on my desk for over a year now and haven't had any problem what so ever, but i also had a Razer Lycosa which proved to be the worst keyboard i have put my hands on ever.

So i would agree that it's not a bad company, it only has had some bad moments.

Razer is not bad.. I heard the mice are bad tho. I don't own a razer mouse so idk. I the headsets r fine they last a long time. The keyboards are perfectly fine.

Nope.

It's the Deathadder that is good, the headsets sound like crap and are overpriced as fuck AND KAILH SWITCHES ON A $100+ KEYBOARD WTF RAZER

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

People hate it for good reasons, don't argue with me that Kailh is better than a good old Cherry switch.

Currently roaming the forums in boredom

I like mice and keyboards and the sort

Formerly TheFlurryGames

i have had a deathadder 2013 for like a year and a half and it has been a champ so far no problems with it also a mouse pad which has taken some spills of tea and didn't deteriorate anything i can't speak for any of the other products though since i don't own any other ...

CPU: i7 4790k, GPU: ASUS Strix 980 ti, Motherboard: z97x-UD5H-BK , RAM: 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws X 2133 Mhz, CPU Cooler: NH-D15, PSU: EVGA GS 850w 80+ Gold, Case: Fractal Design R5, Storage: Samsung 850 evo 250gb and WD black 1tb, Peripherals: Deathadder 2013 and G710+, Monitor: LG 29UM67.

I've never had an issue with my past Razer products. I now own a Mionix Naos which lasted about a year and has a bad righ button. Is Mionix bad because of this? lol no. I'm defending Razer because I've had other companies products last just as long as a Razer product. Unless you've had multiple Razer products break and die on you then you're just riding the bandwagon. Razers software is genuinely good and offers a great ecosystem compared to Corsairs peripherals. 

It's not riding a bandwagon, I know multiple people who've had razer products and have double click issues or have them just plain break. Also, why do you keep comparing to corsair? I don't like Corsair that much apart from their cases and PSUs (even then, they're meh).