AMD acknowledges 390 series crashes, looking into it

zMeul

The Fury is £460. That's approaching 780 Ti territory

290X = £400

390X = £350

Is that all the money you expect to save after a product has been out for nearly two years? £50?

I'm sorry for you tax, exchange rate of whatever made you guys get the short end of the stick

290x = $549

390x = $429

Even at your 50 pound difference, you get a 1060 mHz core with 8 GB of VRAM over 947 mHz and 4GB.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

The Fury is £460. That's approaching 780 Ti territory

Is that the RRP or the shortage price? Either way, I guess you can call it a matter of opinion. From my perspective, It's the prices of the tiers that went up.

Also, we haven't seen the Nano yet, so who knows what that might change?

Well, that's actually true based on pricing at the time of the 300-series release. That would count as a price hike. However, launch pricing is what's relevant in this specific conversation.

Even if we were using sale prices, they still would not. Find me a 1050 mHz 290 with 8 GB of RAM.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

I'm sorry for you tax, exchange rate of whatever made you guys get the short end of the stick

290x = $549

390x = $429

Even at your 50 pound difference, you get a 1060 mHz core with 8 GB of VRAM over 947 mHz and 4GB.

Whatever tax applies also applied last time -- they cancel out.

Even for the usual bickering this thread is too toxic, should be closed but I'm not reporting it since I'll be labelled a Fanboy if I do.

-------

Current Rig

-------

It's not bias to call the 300 series rebrands. They are rebrands.

Nvidia aren't "looking into" their driver issues, either. They have released hotfixes that resolve their crashes. It took them long enough, but they did it a month ago.

they are not really rebrands first of all the r9 390 has a r9 290 core and it performs better than a r9 290x and better than the gtx 970 and it also has lower power consumption 

Yeah, waht was AMD thinking with these rebrands? They should have wished for a full new lineup with a new architecture from the Silicon Fairy!

i dont see any problem with it the r9 390 performs better than a gtx 970 for the same price and it has 8GB of ram so a tremendously better value. also nvidia had crashing issues as well when those cards first released

i have gtx 770 which is truly a rebrand it has the same power consumption core count etc of the 680 so why should it matter if the cards deliver a good value

they are not really rebrands first of all the r9 390 has a r9 290 core and it performs better than a r9 290x and better than the gtx 970 and it also has lower power consumption 

It has lower power consumption than a 970? On what planet?

It has lower power consumption than a 970? On what planet?

than the r9 290 and 290x sorry bad formatting

I think I'm on 15.7 with no crashes on my 7950. :P OLD SHIT FOR THE WIN!!!

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

than the r9 290 and 290x sorry bad formatting

Ahh ok. Well it's overclocked, that's the only reason it performs better than the 970. Most 970s overclock well enough that the 390 only has the edge at stock speeds.

Ahh ok. Well it's overclocked, that's the only reason it performs better than the 970. Most 970s overclock well enough that the 390 only has the edge at stock speeds.

im pretty sure it wins even at overclocked speeds 

im pretty sure it wins even at overclocked speeds 

sigh... this has been debated for sooo long.

Jays 970 is a bad overclocker. sub par. 

Compare it with mine, MSI's GTX 970 gaming (same brand as the 390)

YGEen6i.png

it's slightly faster than a 390 @1200MHz

sigh... this has been debated for sooo long.

Jays 970 is a bad overclocker. sub par. 

Compare it with mine, MSI's GTX 970 gaming (same brand as the 390)

YGEen6i.png

it's slightly faster than a 390 @1200MHz

He overclocked the 970 to 1442....

1442 is baaad for a 970 lol hahaha. if you want to compare gpus, at least use the same manufacturer xD 

all 970 gaming I've had seen can reach 1500+ mhz

oh yeah i forgot, my ingame/benchmark speeds are 1554 mhz :P

1442 is baaad for a 970 lol hahaha. if you want to compare gpus, at least use the same manufacturer xD 

So by your logic, you should only compare the 390 with the best of the best cherry picked 970 card?

The 390 doesn't matter, it can be a random card... but the 970 nope...

This community is getting worst by the day, I feel sorry for linus for this place is becoming with high levels of toxic fanboyism.

So by your logic, you should only compare the 390 with the best of the best cherry picked 970 card?

The 390 doesn't matter, it can be a random card... but the 970 nope...

This community is getting worst by the day, I feel sorry for linus for this place is becoming with high levels of toxic fanboyism.

I compared MSI's very own 390 vs MSI's 970, both overclocked. How's that bad?

i dont see any problem with it the r9 390 performs better than a gtx 970 for the same price and it has 8GB of ram so a tremendously better value. also nvidia had crashing issues as well when those cards first released

Not sure if your're agreeing with me, or if your sarcasm detector needs to be re-calibrated.

My MSI 970 isn't 100% stable at more than ~1475MHz.

My MSI 970 isn't 100% stable at more than ~1475MHz.

you're the first one then :) 

have you tried tweaking the voltage?

#CrashGate Lol

GJ AMD xD

Son of a batch not another gate something [emoji25]

you're the first one then :)

have you tried tweaking the voltage?

Yeah. Some games and 3DMark 11 just don't like more. 

yes you are wrong because the data is composed of so-called anecdotal cards that were RMAd - maybe it's a joke and 280X actually doesn't have any issues at all

this is a joke too, yes?

asBF5wB.png

as for nVidia, there was a topic opened for that exact purpose, you're very free to post there

Yes, the Nasdaq is a joke, look at the Dow Jones or the S&P500. Talking about crashes, wasnt it funny when the nasdaq crashed...twice. Besides a single day of trading on one stock market index is as important as a youtube comment, and a quarterly earning result can't be blamed on one single factor, so, let's keep stocks out of this? I mean, anything you have ever disliked about a product was decided by those fucking people, they are the hidden enemy that makes intel step back from a breakthrough, prevent AMD to coming up with a new arquitecture in a timely fashion and make Nvidia fucking mislead their customers on specs, which i would hope someone would be in jail for...

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10