750Ti Price cuts paving the way for 950Ti?

EvelynX

guis guis guis. it all relys on wat cpu u got for wat settings/frames u play on.

they thought we were being serious xD

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

There's no way the GTX 750 Ti can keep up with the PS4. The PS4 GPU is larger than the R7 265 that beats the GTX 750 Ti, and while the PS4 does suffer from lower clocks, it also benefits from more optimization.

The 980TI is also far smaller (in core count) than Fiji, yet it wins at everything in 1080p and 1440p. We're talking Maxwell vs. Pitcairn dealing with relatively weak and low-clocked Puma cores, even if 6 of them. It shouldn't be hard to believe.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

The 980TI is also far smaller (in core count) than Fiji, yet it wins at everything in 1080p and 1440p. We're talking Maxwell vs. Pitcairn dealing with relatively weak and low-clocked Puma cores, even if 6 of them. It shouldn't be hard to believe.

No. We're talking GCN 1.0 in the R7 265 vs. GCN 1.0 in the PS4 APU. So comparing on specs is viable. Then we can use the actual benchmarks that show the R7 265 outperforms the GTX 750 Ti, and derive the PS4's superiority vs. the GTX 750 Ti from that fact.

I have no idea why you're bringing Puma cores into the picture. The PS4 does not have 6 Puma cores, it has 8 Jaguar cores. And those are x86-64 cores, so they have absolutely zero bearing on the GPU performance that we're discussing here anyway.

Only time will tell. (Or Linus leaving his email open on the Wan show.)

Pssssh, when has he ever done that?????.............

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

There's no way the GTX 750 Ti can keep up with the PS4. The PS4 GPU is larger than the R7 265 that beats the GTX 750 Ti, and while the PS4 does suffer from lower clocks, it also benefits from more optimization.

Mate the ps4 was equal to a 7870 I believe.

All I know is ps4 and xbone look marginally the same.

GTA 5 look nothing a like on the xbone vs my pc. Every single texture is better, aa, and 60 fps

Mate the ps4 was equal to a 7870 I believe.

The PS4 has 1152 GCN 1.0 shaders, which is exactly halfway between the 1024 in the 7850 and the 1280 in the 7870. The 7850 was rebranded as the R7 265 (and more recently the 370), so that's why I've been talking about the R7 265. :)

Perhaps on paper. the PS4's AMD based build might look better, but in every Digital Foundry test I have seen the Ti comes out victorious. I always thought of it as a no brainier. They have dozens of these tests and they use the 750Ti as a competitor because it is the best option at the low end. Pick any! ;)

They claim to match the settings as best they can and I don't see any errors with their testing methodology. Seems legit. The 750Ti is a better option than a PS4.

Gaming with: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix OC SLI @1950mhz & r7 2700x@4.2ghz / GSkill 3466mhz CL14 (1440p165hz)
Loitering with: Galaxy S8+

No. We're talking GCN 1.0 in the R7 265 vs. GCN 1.0 in the PS4 APU. So comparing on specs is viable. Then we can use the actual benchmarks that show the R7 265 outperforms the GTX 750 Ti, and derive the PS4's superiority vs. the GTX 750 Ti from that fact.

I have no idea why you're bringing Puma cores into the picture. The PS4 does not have 6 Puma cores, it has 8 Jaguar cores. And those are x86-64 cores, so they have absolutely zero bearing on the GPU performance that we're discussing here anyway.

No you can't because the core and memory clocks and bandwidth do not match, the lithography does not match, and it's bound by a very weak CPU. Hell, no. You're making very fundamental mistakes.

Oh so even worse than Puma, further bottlenecking the GPU. They have every bearing you flaming narcissist. Shut up and open your ears. BOTTLENECK! No one cares if the GPU on its own is more powerful on paper. In reality the performance is not. On PC the 750TI at the same resolutions walks away the long victor against the PS4 of you give it a good CPU to work with.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

No you can't because the core and memory clocks and bandwidth do not match, the lithography does not match, and it's bound by a very weak CPU. Hell, no. You're making very fundamental mistakes.

Oh so even worse than Puma, further bottlenecking the GPU. They have every bearing you flaming narcissist. Shut up and open your ears. BOTTLENECK! No one cares if the GPU on its own is more powerful on paper. In reality the performance is not. On PC the 750TI at the same resolutions walks away the long victor against the PS4 of you give it a good CPU to work with.

You're the one who confuses a CPU for a GPU and doesn't know which architecture we're even talking about. So keep your accusations of fundamental mistakes to yourself.

You're the one who confuses a CPU for a GPU and doesn't know which architecture we're even talking about. So keep your accusations of fundamental mistakes to yourself.

I do know the difference, and I know the GPU in the PS4 is hampered by the weak CPU. So in essence rebalancing that PS4 with an I3 and a 750TI would have been a better choice. Puppies like you should learn to quit yapping when your elders (betters) tell you you haven't the faintest clue what you're talking about. On paper the PS4 GPU is better. In reality it isn't, and benchmarks show this. The reason: it's hampered by a weak CPU. For the same price as the PS4 APU you can get a Haswell I3 and overclocked 750TI on one package performing better together despite having the weaker GPU on paper. Now, before the big dog bites, zip it.

max out games with 1 fps

or max out with 1 frametime

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

Pssssh, when has he ever done that?????.............

The Wan show right before the 960 launch lol

The Wan show right before the 960 launch lol

lol yes i remember. It was just a week or two ago he forgot to close his email too and made some big deal about it because it may have broken an NDA. Then there was the Fractal case in last weeks video.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

lol yes i remember. It was just a week or two ago he forgot to close his email too and made some big deal about it because it may have broken an NDA. Then there was the Fractal case in last weeks video.

Lmao fail I remember that too

I do know the difference, and I know the GPU in the PS4 is hampered by the weak CPU. So in essence rebalancing that PS4 with an I3 and a 750TI would have been a better choice. Puppies like you should learn to quit yapping when your elders (betters) tell you you haven't the faintest clue what you're talking about. On paper the PS4 GPU is better. In reality it isn't, and benchmarks show this. The reason: it's hampered by a weak CPU. For the same price as the PS4 APU you can get a Haswell I3 and overclocked 750TI on one package performing better together despite having the weaker GPU on paper. Now, before the big dog bites, zip it.

You just mixed up GPU performance and CPU performance again, so you don't know what you're talking about.

And you're mostly just relying on ad hominem arguments here, which is childish... and all while mr. '93 is saying I should defer to my "elders" and "betters" that are actually a decade younger and demonstrate a serious lack of knowledge about the topic at hand.

the 750ti for 100$ is a steal IHMO. I love mine, can play games ALMOST maxed out. couldnt say as much when I paid the same amount for my hd 6670(First gpu, huge mistake) 

My 560 can still run games at medium-high settings at 1050p.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

The 950 is on it's way so that's probably the reason O_o

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

You just mixed up GPU performance and CPU performance again, so you don't know what you're talking about.

And you're mostly just relying on ad hominem arguments here, which is childish... and all while mr. '93 is saying I should defer to my "elders" and "betters" that are actually a decade younger and demonstrate a serious lack of knowledge about the topic at hand.

I'm not confusing the two. Look very very closely. I'm saying the PS4 GPU is held back from its true potential. Therefore, saying it's better is pointless. The benchmarks and real world performance don't show it.

Being an elder is a relative term. I've been in this field of computer technology since I was 6. I have done more study and experiment in it than you. I am more experienced. I am your elder in regards to this field. I'm also your better because anyone following this conversation will see I have my facts straight. Meanwhile you're racing like a lunatic and won't even counter the actual argument.

I'm not confusing the two. Look very very closely. I'm saying the PS4 GPU is held back from its true potential. Therefore, saying it's better is pointless. The benchmarks and real world performance don't show it.

Being an elder is a relative term. I've been in this field of computer technology since I was 6. I have done more study and experiment in it than you. I am more experienced. I am your elder in regards to this field. I'm also your better because anyone following this conversation will see I have my facts straight. Meanwhile you're racing like a lunatic and won't even counter the actual argument.

That may be true. But it doesn't mean the GPU doesn't have that performance, just that something else is bottlenecking it.

And honestly, what you were doing at age 6 does not matter.

That may be true. But it doesn't mean the GPU doesn't have that performance, just that something else is bottlenecking it.

Note the lack of CPU driver overhead, so it is very performant with optimized code.

Age is relative like everything else unless you discuss purely how long I have existed (and even then when you get into aging in general and special relativity with time dilation and the effects gravity actually has on aging it all goes to crap). Call it experience or w/e, but it boils down to how long X has been occurring. In terms of this industry, I'm very likely older than you based on your approaches to contrary information to your beliefs.

Age is relative like everything else unless you discuss purely how long I have existed (and even then when you get into aging in general and special relativity with time dilation and the effects gravity actually has on aging it all goes to crap). Call it experience or w/e, but it boils down to how long X has been occurring. In terms of this industry, I'm very likely older than you based on your approaches to contrary information to your beliefs.

So your only remaining argument is the appeal to authority fallacy, and the authority you claim is yourself? That's basically saying "I'm right because I say I'm right."

So your only remaining argument is the appeal to authority fallacy, and the authority you claim is yourself? That's basically saying "I'm right because I say I'm right."

No, because this isn't part of the original argument. You're the one dragging this off-topic into an argument about our differing ages, despite the fact I make up for it both with real knowledge and real experience which you can't counter in either of our arguments.

My 560 can still run games at medium-high settings at 1050p.

mine too (570),  I was going to upgrade it earlier this year, then I discovered to actually get noticeably better performance (I game at 1050 too) I'd have to spend way more than I want to.  I'd be looking at a 970/290x as a minimum before the performance improvement justified the expenditure.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

mine too (570),  I was going to upgrade it earlier this year, then I discovered to actually get noticeably better performance (I game at 1050 too) I'd have to spend way more than I want to.  I'd be looking at a 970/290x as a minimum before the performance improvement justified the expenditure.  

Exactly. I'd actually rather wait for Pascal.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case.