750Ti Price cuts paving the way for 950Ti?

EvelynX

Prepping to buy a 750ti for my little brothers dust machine, I spotted a drop on prices all over PC Part picker.

A quick news search brought up some articles.
Summed up in this article at KitGuru, sourcing a french website Hardware.fr, It appears the all round price drop is certainly something to look into if you are looking at upgrading the yellow tinted computer in your grandmas loft.
While not a significant drop, the cut certainly adds cement to the rumours that Nvidia are working on a 950Ti or similar GPU. Are we looking at another entry for discrete GPU's that don't require external power?

Only time will tell. (Or Linus leaving his email open on the Wan show.)

EDIT:
For a more intersting story, See Bloodyvalley's post on the leaked specs and launch date for the 950 right here.

Spoiler; apparently 90w, 17th August release, power not far below 960.

Gaming with: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix OC SLI @1950mhz & r7 2700x@4.2ghz / GSkill 3466mhz CL14 (1440p165hz)
Loitering with: Galaxy S8+

I doubt there will be a 950Ti but i guess we will have to wait and see...

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

I doubt there will be a 950Ti but i guess we will have to wait and see...

im guessing a few months down the road. wasnt the 750ti way after the other 700 series launch? 

wat

play newest games (bf4, far cry 4, gta V) on all ultra, or mix of high-ultra settings at 1080P. and in near silence. 

right now I have a reference 7970 im testing for a buddy. its louder and hotter at idle then the 750 ti full load lol

wat

Maybe he's on like 720p.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

or 144p

xD or he means he can nearly max out games from 1999.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

Wow did I actually get a topic here first?
Yeah it would probably be a 950 before a Ti, Has Nvidia ever brought out a Ti product that did not have a non Ti variant?
My mistake in the title but I did write similar. ;)

It kind of makes me wish I did not commit to buying my little brother the 750ti this month, knowing that Nvidia could possibly drop a low power equivalent with performance closer to their higher end.

Gaming with: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix OC SLI @1950mhz & r7 2700x@4.2ghz / GSkill 3466mhz CL14 (1440p165hz)

max out games with 1 fps

He only plays one game and that's solitaire.

Wow did I actually get a topic here first?

Yeah it would probably be a 950 before a Ti, Has Nvidia ever brought out a Ti product that did not have a non Ti variant?

My mistake in the title but I did write similar. ;)

It kind of makes me wish I did not commit to buying my little brother the 750ti this month, knowing that Nvidia could possibly drop a low power equivalent with performance closer to their higher end.

The 950 usus more power than a 750ti, it's like 160 watts.

Aww, the mockery caused a delete.

The 950 usus more power than a 750ti, it's like 160 watts.

Is that double confirmed or part of the rumoured specs.

We all know how reliable GPU spec rumours are! ;)

Is that double confirmed or part of the rumoured specs.

We all know how reliable GPU spec rumours are! ;)

It's probably correct, otherwise the 950 will just be a 750to rebrand and pointless.

I see it happening. Nvidia needs a more "entry" focused card besides the 960. Whether it will be the 950 or 950 Ti, the result should be similar.

It's probably correct, otherwise the 950 will just be a 750to rebrand and pointless.

As I understand it, refreshes of existing products are quite popular. ;)

An uneducated chap would see that as an attack the recent 300 series launch but as I recall, Nvidia, Intel and AMD have all had their fair share of refreshing products.

or 144p

For the money the 750ti is a pretty decent card, sure it's not going to get you 60+ FPS maxed out on AAA titles, but it's at least enough to get you at least low settings with 60+ fps at 1080p on pretty much any game out there. (A few horribly optimized games are the exception.)

At least it's more powerful than consoles lol

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

the 750ti for 100$ is a steal IHMO. I love mine, can play games ALMOST maxed out. couldnt say as much when I paid the same amount for my hd 6670(First gpu, huge mistake) 

I love mine too, its all I need @ 1080p. 

Renders decently too. 

I love mine too, its all I need @ 1080p.

Renders decently too.

Right? Seeing the comments on this thread, people clearly have no idea. I went from crossfire 7970s to it. And honestly I prefer it. I lose 10 fps and get a silent rig. (60 watts of tdp vs like 500 lol).

...only 10 because the 750ti holds close to 60 just fine. ....at 1080

For the money the 750ti is a pretty decent card, sure it's not going to get you 60+ FPS maxed out on AAA titles, but it's at least enough to get you at least low settings with 60+ fps at 1080p on pretty much any game out there. (A few horribly optimized games are the exception.)

At least it's more powerful than consoles lol

it depends on ur cpu for fps dou sooooooooo. a 860k wont get u 60 fps low settings lul

wat

at 1080p on max overclock with no AA, it'll break 75 fps even on other settings maxed out easy. 750TIs overclock like no other graphics card ever.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Right? Seeing the comments on this thread, people clearly have no idea. I went from crossfire 7970s to it. And honestly I prefer it. I lose 10 fps and get a silent rig. (60 watts of tdp vs like 500 lol).

...only 10 because the 750ti holds close to 60 just fine. ....at 1080

you do realize their just joking around
Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

at 1080p on max overclock with no AA, it'll break 75 fps even on other settings maxed out easy. 750TIs overclock like no other graphics card ever.

you do realize their just joking around

guis guis guis. it all relys on wat cpu u got for wat settings/frames u play on.