timed exclusives (Rise of the Tomb Raider) - who the F*** are you kidding!?

I find PC users funny.

Game is exclusive to them - DAE THIS IS GREATEST

Game isn't exclusive to them - Oh who cares it looks like shit anyways

You guys are legit children at the playground who get mad when someone has a newer toy than you. 

Well my dear Watson : the publisher needs more money , MS offers money -> they take the money and don't care.

fx-8350 @4,4Ghz/sapphire r9 fury/2x 8gb Kingstone ddr3 @2030Mhz

I find PC users funny.

Game is exclusive to them - DAE THIS IS GREATEST

Game isn't exclusive to them - Oh who cares it looks like shit anyways

You guys are legit children at the playground who get mad when someone has a newer toy than you. 

who says that? not a lot of people that I know of. I assure you there's not a lot of people who don't want to try red dead redemption or metroid prime etc and haven't.

and pc exclusives are very different to console exclusives.

please keep generalization of people and fanboyism out of the forum.

Well at least I can still get it on steam later on but it still a stupid move on SQ part.

i hated their last game a lot due to quick time effects do this one can f off for all i care.

I thought it was the best game of 2013,but to each their own

Great news that we are getting it before PS4 players, but

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

I thought it was the best game of 2013,but to each their own

Great news that we are getting it before PS4 players, but

well ps4 has uncharted, i dont need to say more

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

MEH. I say good. Console peasants can get a taste of the bullshit we get regularly served might actually get the ball rolling against delayed/ shit launches.

- snip-

Meh, most pc gamers will probably just wait until some steam summer sales or something like that before getting the game anyway since it's just a single player game. What's the point of complaining? Console gamers meanwhile are more willing to pay full price for the games because they know the price usually stays the same for quite a while anyway and they can always sell the game back.

It's interesting that the exclusivity deal only applies to consoles, implying the PC version is going to be available some time before the PS4 version. I wonder if this means that Microsoft has stopped trying to compete with itself.

It's also quite funny that instead of being "exclusively on Xbox" it actually means "exclusive of PS4". Lol. Shouldn't laugh, it's still bad for the consumer over all. But still. Lol.

Repost from almost a year ago.

VERY Very old news. Just hasn't been talked about for a while. This was known since the game was announced, that's when they said Xbone only, then PC gamers ripped them to shreds and a few weeks later they said it was a timed exclusive.

If LTT still had a search function that worked on a per sub-forum basis then I could find it.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Meh. I can wait for the PC version. Have too many games to play as it is. :P

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Repost from almost a year ago.

this press release is dated JULY 23

But FF7 Remake is also a timed exclusive game of square enix for the ps4 for 1 year.

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

Honestly I'm positively surprised that TR will be out so soon after on PC, and I look forward to it.

This. It kinda shows a change in attitude from MS, they aren't really viewing PC gaming as a competitor to Xbone. They could have easily delayed it for PC to the same release time frame as PS4.

Microsoft would do considerably better if they just moved Xbox from a Hardware platform, to a service that is cross platform, in my opinion. I think they've started to realise that tbh.

the press release is dated JULY 23

This particular one, its not uncommon for news to be revisited on a particular subject when nothing new is available or just to remind people since the product reveal was a while ago. Nothing against your post but it was old information even if many forgot about it.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

I find it interesting that they specify Windows 10. Are games really going to go Windows 10 only this early? Well I like it, and it is a free upgrade so that might be why we them move this fast

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

Looks shit anyway, full of quicktime events.

I don't stay on top of games due to the possible "hype train", but if the game is really full of QTE's then it's an instant no-buy for me. Thanks for the heads up.

I find it interesting that they specify Windows 10. Are games really going to go Windows 10 only this early? Well I like it, and it is a free upgrade so that might be why we them move this fast

Might be part of the contract SE signed.

Might be part of the contract SE signed.

Good point

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

err the Xbox version comes out in November this year. Well ahead of the PC version

Yes but the difference in release date more than likely has to do with porting it to PC, not as a specific exclusivity for the XBO. Windows 10 and Steam get it Early 2016 (Hopefully Q1, like January).

If they are going to take the time to do a proper PC Port, then hell yes, I'm alright with the PC delay.

Would I prefer they released at the same time? Sure. But not if the PC Port suffered as a result.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I know at least one person who's not going to put up with it. Don't like it? Vote with your wallet, don't buy any of them.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

well ps4 has uncharted, i dont need to say more

Well if ND learned from TLOU UC4 might be good, and the trailer looks fun, but none of the original trilogy were as good as TR 2013

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Well if ND learned from TLOU UC4 might be good, and the trailer looks fun, but none of the original trilogy were as good as TR 2013

that is a very unpopular opinion alas i will not fault you for it. might i ask what did you enjoy about the game.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

This particular one, its not uncommon for news to be revisited on a particular subject when nothing new is available or just to remind people since the product reveal was a while ago. Nothing against your post but it was old information even if many forgot about it.

this is the original press release published last year:

CRYSTAL DYNAMICS UNVEILS RISE OF THE TOMB RAIDER
Sequel to Critically Acclaimed and Top Selling Action-Adventure Coming Holiday 2015
REDWOOD CITY, CA (June, 9 2014) – Crystal Dynamics, a Square Enix studio, today announced its latest title in the critically acclaimed and award-winning Tomb Raider® series, Rise of the Tomb Raider ® . The game will redefine survival action in Holiday 2015.

In her first adventure, Lara Croft® was forged into a true survivor, but she glimpsed a deeper, secret world. In the next chapter of her journey, Lara must use her survival skills and wits, learn to trust new friends, and ultimately accept her destiny as the Tomb Raider.

“With the power of the new generation, and our proprietary Foundation engine, our high octane action moments will be even more epic. Multiple locations around the world will be filled with exploration spaces that are some of the most beautifully hostile places on earth and over three times larger than we could achieve before,” said Darrell Gallagher, Head of Product Development and Western Studios at Square Enix. “Our digital actors will rival CG quality, and after hearing the cry from our fans loud and clear, we will put the tombs back into Tomb Raider, all in our gritty Survival-Action style.”

Rise of the Tomb Raider builds upon the formula that made Tomb Raider a success, and features the return of Camilla Luddington as Lara Croft. Camilla will take character performance to new heights as Lara pushes herself beyond human limits and is confronted with what it means to become a hero. Once again, Crystal Dynamics is proud to have the award-winning author Rhianna Pratchett as a key member of the writing team, helping craft a story that delves into Lara’s inner turmoil and motivations in this critical second act of her journey.

and this is from E3:

Rise of the Tomb Raider Fact Sheet

Title:                                  “Rise of the Tomb Raider”

Tagline:                            Discover the Legend Within

Publisher:                        Microsoft

Platforms:                        Exclusively on Xbox One and Xbox 360, Holiday 2015

Developer:                      Crystal Dynamics

ESRB rating:                   RP – Rating Pending

Price:                                 $59.99 (U.S.) ERP1

Availability:                     November 10, 2015 (North America)
                                            November 11, 2015 (Asia Pacific, Japan)
                                            November 13, 2015 (Europe and other global regions)

Product overview:        In the critically acclaimed Tomb Raider, Lara Croft was forged into a true survivor, but she glimpsed a deeper, secret world. Now, after uncovering an ancient mystery, Lara must explore the most treacherous and remote regions of Siberia to find the secret of immortality before a ruthless organization known as Trinity. Lara must use her wits and survival skills, form new alliances, and ultimately embrace her destiny as the Tomb Raider. Experience high-octane action moments, conquer beautifully hostile environments, engage in brutal guerilla combat, and explore awe-inspiring deadly tombs in the evolution of survival action. In Rise of the Tomb Raider, Lara becomes more than a survivor as she embarks on her first great Tomb Raiding expedition.

Features:                         Lara’s Journey – Lara uncovers an ancient mystery that places her in the cross-hairs of a ruthless organization known as Trinity. As she races to find the secret before Trinity, the trail leads to a myth about the Lost City of Kitezh. Lara knows she must reach the Lost City and its hidden secrets before Trinity. With that, she sets out for Siberia on her first great Tomb Raiding expedition.

Woman vs. Wild – In “Rise of the Tomb Raider,” Lara battles with not only enemies from around the world, but the world itself. Hunt animals to craft weapons and scavenge for rare resources in densely populated ecosystems. You’ll encounter beautifully hostile environments, full of treacherous conditions and unstable landscapes that will require Lara to push her limits to the very edge.

Guerilla Combat - Use the environment to your advantage, scale trees and dive underwater to avoid or takedown enemies, configure Lara’s gear, weapons, and ammo to suit your play style from stealth to guns blazing, craft explosives on the fly to sow chaos, and wield Lara’s signature combat bows and climbing axe.

Return to Tomb Raiding – Tombs are back, and they’re bigger and better than ever. In “Rise of the Tomb Raider” you’ll explore huge, awe-inspiring ancient spaces littered with deadly traps, solve dramatic environmental puzzles, and decipher ancient texts to reveal crypts as you take on a world filled with secrets to discover.

Cutting Edge Technology – Utilizing the full power of the Xbox One, the world of “Rise of the Tomb Raider” comes alive with interactive exploration spaces two to three times larger than the “Tomb Raider” reboot in 2013. Featuring real-time cloth and body physics, full performance capture, a new lighting model that allows for richer materials, and new and improved hair tech for highlighting each individual strand of hair, Lara is brought to life like never before. Built on Crystal Dynamics’ Foundation Engine, “Rise of the Tomb Raider” was designed to become one of the best looking games on Xbox One.

Great news. I've been pretty salty about Rise of the Tomb Raider.

I just hope Nixxes is still handling the PC port. They've done a great job porting many previous Square Enix titles (Deus Ex: HR, Thief, Hitman: Absolution, Tomb Raider 2013, etc.), but I worry about the fact that Microsoft is publishing this one. Nixxes confirmed they're doing the Xbox 360 port of Rise, so hopefully they're still on board for the PC release.