Project G Spot, Black/Green/White, 760T, Hardline tubing, 4790k + 2x 780

Philz69

Goulet is me! Its my last name! I wanted to add a personnal touch, and nothing is more personal then your name! 

Im having problems with the cpu temps though, there is a couple options, 1: bad mount, 2: pump cant drive enough flow for the parralel / cpu block isnt restrictive enough or 3: bubbles in cpu block. I wish i had soft tubing going from the gpu to the cpu so i could just unmount it and remount without draining :P

I cant say thanks enough for every positive comment you keep making on my build! :)

Awesome personal touch then!

hmm... a D5 dosen't have the highest head pressure, but I didn't think it would pe a problem. Internet says it should be enough flow for that setup. Do you have the speed on max? Also if it isn't too much of a problem it may be air in the cpu block but that will go away in a day or 2. What are your temps and voltages/clocks on the 4790k anyways?

And no need to thank me, I'm just a normal guy who likes to build PCs too. :)

Awesome personal touch then!

hmm... a D5 dosen't have the highest head pressure, but I didn't think it would pe a problem. Internet says it should be enough flow for that setup. Do you have the speed on max? Also if it isn't too much of a problem it may be air in the cpu block but that will go away in a day or 2. What are your temps and voltages/clocks on the 4790k anyways?

And no need to thank me, I'm just a normal guy who likes to build PCs too. :)

I either Run 5ghz @ 1.45v for benches or 4.8ghz @ 1.325v for normla use! The bubble would essentially never go away, because it would need to go either agaisnt the flow, or down, in both cases, its not going to happen :P It just floats above the connectors and stays there, i've gotten a lot of air out of the block but i cant get it all out, because the way its set up, bubble cant really go back through the pump to get to the res :)

Both at 5ghz and 4.8ghz im getting 95c in prime95, and with 4.8 im getting 60ish in aida64, but the temps in the gpu do not change whatsoever when i stress the cpu, so maybe the heat doesnt even get to the water!

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.8ghz  Motherboard: Gigabyte G1.SNIPER 5 Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Storage: Kingston V300 Series 240GB Storage: Western Digital Red Pro 3TB Video Card: 2x(SLI) Asus GeForce GTX 780 3GB DirectCU II @ 1410mhz / 1600mhz Case: Corsair 760T White Power Supply:  AX1200i  Buildlog: [ Build Log ] Black and Green build

Hmm, it would seem so. However I know now why your temps are crazy, DON"T USE PRIME95 ON HASWELL! You'll kill it, literally, lol. Prime95 sets your voltage really high on haswell and thats what your temps are from. Your aida test is more indicitive of your real temps, and anything low 60's is actually really quite good.

oh, and maybe use some tilting of the case to try and disloge the bubble. Or lying the case on its side is what I did to my 760t, cause its so huge and weighs like 30+kgs, haha.

here, I found the thing:

...The newer versions of Prime load in a way that they are only safe to run at near stock settings. The server processors actually downclock when AVX2 is detected to retain their TDP rating. On the desktop we're free to play and the thing most people don't know is how much current these routines can generate. It can be lethal for a CPU to see that level of current for prolonged periods....

Another post mentioned pre 28.5 patches of prime95 are ok, but newer than that is not.

Hmm, it would seem so. However I know now why your temps are crazy, DON"T USE PRIME95 ON HASWELL! You'll kill it, literally, lol. Prime95 sets your voltage really high on haswell and thats what your temps are from. Your aida test is more indicitive of your real temps, and anything low 60's is actually really quite good.

oh, and maybe use some tilting of the case to try and disloge the bubble. Or lying the case on its side is what I did to my 760t, cause its so huge and weighs like 30+kgs, haha.

here, I found the thing:

Another post mentioned pre 28.5 patches of prime95 are ok, but newer than that is not.

Yeah,i danced around with the case ( its like UBER heavy when its filled with water and all the pieces ) guiding the bubbles to the reservoir for like 1 hours and i was still getting some out, but they would basically go back in after a couple of minutes! Its basically the same temps i was getting on an h100i, so its not " really quite good" :P

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.8ghz  Motherboard: Gigabyte G1.SNIPER 5 Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Storage: Kingston V300 Series 240GB Storage: Western Digital Red Pro 3TB Video Card: 2x(SLI) Asus GeForce GTX 780 3GB DirectCU II @ 1410mhz / 1600mhz Case: Corsair 760T White Power Supply:  AX1200i  Buildlog: [ Build Log ] Black and Green build

Yeah,i danced around with the case ( its like UBER heavy when its filled with water and all the pieces ) guiding the bubbles to the reservoir for like 1 hours and i was still getting some out, but they would basically go back in after a couple of minutes! Its basically the same temps i was getting on an h100i, so its not " really quite good" :P

Ok sure, but 5GHZ! Thats a really good overclock. Maybe its time for a de-lid? lol. We'll see if my 4690k can even compare with so much rad space!

Ok sure, but 5GHZ! Thats a really good overclock. Maybe its time for a de-lid? lol. We'll see if my 4690k can even compare with so much rad space!

I am thinking about it! :D

Spoiler

what did you end up using behind the letters

Its a magnetic plastic piece, but the plastidip i used offer it was too thick and prevented the magnetism from working, so i had to tape it on!

Spoiler

So are the three front fans going be left exposed or do you have plans for a large mesh like cover? 

It would be a cool idea to have stickers of your logo on the fans them self

So are the three front fans going be left exposed or do you have plans for a large mesh like cover? 

It would be a cool idea to have stickers of your logo on the fans them self

The fans themselves will probably be left exposed, but i might do a white plate between the plastic frame and the fans! I will add led's around the front too so we can actually seem them in the dark! And im looking into getting some custom vynil stickers for my fans, i always thought it would be cool to have my logo on it, but after seeing snef doing it, i decided i'd do it too!

Spoiler

The fans themselves will probably be left exposed, but i might do a white plate between the plastic frame and the fans! I will add led's around the front too so we can actually seem them in the dark! And im looking into getting some custom vynil stickers for my fans, i always thought it would be cool to have my logo on it, but after seeing snef doing it, i decided i'd do it too!

Looking forward to it, make me as jealous as you can.

You should totally do the custom vinyl sticker. Did you want some help with it? If you have an initial design, I can convert it to a PDF file ready to print.

You should totally do the custom vinyl sticker. Did you want some help with it? If you have an initial design, I can convert it to a PDF file ready to print.

I do CAD drawings at work, so i am ok on the drawing side of things :) I'll show the designs here when their done! Also, i finished installing the last fan, so i'll post some pictures later! Thanks a lot for offering!

Spoiler

Just finished install the third fan, im having a little leak problem from the top right, as you can see in the photo, i am working on fixing that ( its like one drop over 4 hours )

eWaMl6I.jpg

Spoiler

Damn that is neat!

Well done in the PSU shroud, that 760T has huge space inside and you've done well so far in filling up the space. One thing I don't like is a big case with lots of empty space.

How are you going to fix that leak? Just re screw again or buy a new fitting? I ask just in case when I am up to that stage in my build :P

Damn that is neat!

Well done in the PSU shroud, that 760T has huge space inside and you've done well so far in filling up the space. One thing I don't like is a big case with lots of empty space.

How are you going to fix that leak? Just re screw again or buy a new fitting? I ask just in case when I am up to that stage in my build :P

I just need to screw more, that bend is like super nasty and its pretty much force fitted, so im lucky it isnt leaking big time :P I was short on one 90 degree fitting because of a damn back order issue, so i coulnt really do much! It was so thight that i couldnt even use soft tubing because it kinked!

Spoiler

Yeah that sucks big time, having to be short on one order! Just like me....

Yours is looking really nice though, almost to the finish line I imagine for you.

Are you going to enter it into a comp?

Yeah that sucks big time, having to be short on one order! Just like me....

Yours is looking really nice though, almost to the finish line I imagine for you.

Are you going to enter it into a comp?

Thanks again! That could be nice, i dont know of any i could enter, except maybe the monthly submission thread!

Spoiler

Thanks again! That could be nice, i dont know of any i could enter, except maybe the monthly submission thread!

pcpartpicker.com get that shit featured and show off that sexy shroud =p

pcpartpicker.com get that shit featured and show off that sexy shroud =p

I'll try bringing it to lan, just for bragging rights :P

Spoiler

Thought you guys would've liked to see my whole setup, so added pictures of my setup :D

Spoiler

Thought you guys would've liked to see my whole setup, so added pictures of my setup :D

i still think we should do a custom top grill for your case the top is so bleh its open real estate lets build a zoo!

i still think we should do a custom top grill for your case the top is so bleh its open real estate lets build a zoo!

I normally use cpu cooler standoff and put the cover, i just forgot to do it for that photo!

Spoiler

Guess who is taking photos of my computer? Yes, its my girlfriend :)2d3ff124e5b7cc8245f6d1475362229a.jpg

Spoiler

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, its been a super long time!

Today, i changed my liquid! I replaced my Ekoolant-evo green by some Mayhem's pastel green! It looks alot better now!

45249999df485c8f11e01e7215c05fd0.jpg

Spoiler