How do I get OS from HDD on SSD?

Aetherslime
Go to solution Solved by Castdeath97,

http://www.samsung.com/global/business/semiconductor/minisite/SSD/global/html/support/downloads.html

This is what you are talking about, right? As long as I get a Samsung SSD I'll be all good.

Yep that's it.

I have an old laptop with a slow HDD that I want to upgrade. I found out that there is a free slot for an SSD. My question is if it is possible to transfer my Windows on the HDD to a new SSD. 

Which SSD are you getting, some SSD makers provide cloning software that does that (e.g samsung)

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

I would obtain the license code and re-install. Otherwise, you can use cloning software.

If you want it all in a neat bundle you can get one of these *insert SSD name here* with upgrade kit packs which includes everything you need for the upgrade.

I have an old laptop with a slow HDD that I want to upgrade. I found out that there is a free slot for an SSD. My question is if it is possible to transfer my Windows on the HDD to a new SSD. 

I use Macrium Reflect free when I do this. Like others have said you can use bundled software with some SSDs.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Which SSD are you getting, some SSD makers provide cloning software that does that (e.g samsung)

I have bin loooking at the Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB, but I'll look the Samsung ones. 

With Win10 comming very soon now, do you think I will be able to choose which drive to install the free Win10 upgrade on? That would be very easy, but what you guys are talking about sounds just as easy.

http://www.samsung.com/global/business/semiconductor/minisite/SSD/global/html/support/downloads.html

This is what you are talking about, right? As long as I get a Samsung SSD I'll be all good.

Yep that's it.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide