Half-Life Themed Water-Cooled Build... !?

Dann0359

So, as the title suggests, I'm considering building a Water-Cooled PC with a nice kick of Half-Life to the FACE!... using High-End parts for Extreme OC'ing might I add.

Though this Topic is more for Ideas on the "Theme" as opposed to what Hardware I should buy Spec-wise.

Please feel free to throw some Ideas if you have any in mind, share pictures, YouTube videos etc.

One thing I should add, I'd like to use Noctua NF-F12 fans. For a couple of reasons:

- IMO, they would look great for an Orange build

- My favorite fans

- Am a bit of a silence freak...

GO! 

Asus ROG Crosshair V Formula | AMD FX-8150 @ 4.6GHz | Corsair H100 w/ Noctua NF-F12s | Corsair Vengance CL9 1600Mhz 8GB | Nvidia GTX 660Ti Gigabte OC Edition in SLI (Base/Boost: 1032/1111, Memory Clock: 6008MHz, Memory: 3GB) | Samsung 840 120GB | WD 2TB Green | Samsung SA950 @ 120Hz | Silverstone 750W 80+ Gold PSU (Fully Modular) | NZXT H440 (White) | Razer Naga 2012 + Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 | Sennheiser HD 558 Headphones | Blue Yeti USB Microphone Logitech Z523 Speakers 2.1 Stereo

Etch the logo into your window :)

He should spray paint it on the other side, so he can still see his awesome water cooled parts ;)

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

If I'm going 3-way SLI, was thinking the Half-Life 2 logo but have a 3 on the bridge instead... Approve?

Asus ROG Crosshair V Formula | AMD FX-8150 @ 4.6GHz | Corsair H100 w/ Noctua NF-F12s | Corsair Vengance CL9 1600Mhz 8GB | Nvidia GTX 660Ti Gigabte OC Edition in SLI (Base/Boost: 1032/1111, Memory Clock: 6008MHz, Memory: 3GB) | Samsung 840 120GB | WD 2TB Green | Samsung SA950 @ 120Hz | Silverstone 750W 80+ Gold PSU (Fully Modular) | NZXT H440 (White) | Razer Naga 2012 + Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 | Sennheiser HD 558 Headphones | Blue Yeti USB Microphone Logitech Z523 Speakers 2.1 Stereo

Spray paint the logo onto the side with a templaaate to give it that rebel feel to it!

Ofcourse anything Half Life I can't resist so good luck!

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Etching wont affect the parts of the window that aren't etched into so he can still see the guts :) and IMO I like it better because it gives the look that you have gone to more effort than just painting it :)

You could frost it on either by scuffing it up with sandpaper or using a rattlecan glass frosting spray. You'd need some serious vinyl masking, though.

Stuff I try to use;

AMD FX 8350 4.3Ghz, Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 Motherboard, 2x Asus HD6850, 8BG Kingston Hyper X RAM, Hyper X 120Gb SSD, Corsair GS800 PSU, Cooler Master HAF922 Case and my branes.

If I'm going 3-way SLI, was thinking the Half-Life 2 logo but have a 3 on the bridge instead... Approve?

I'd suggest keeping the overall theme universal. Not limiting yourself to a possibly unreleased game.

The idea overall, GREAT. Hopefully you go through with this.