OS to new hard drive

Simply nacho

hello, i was wondering if it was possible to use the same key(for windows 8) i currently have on my hard drive , to install on my new ssd. i will be using both drives for the same computer but i would prefer windows to boot with the ssd for obvious reasons. and also...would doing this effect any of the files on my hard drive since the new boot drive would be on the ssd rather than the hard drive. any response will be greatly appreciated and thanks for your time. :)

install the os on ur ssd 

plug in ur hdd and format it

thank you for you reply,but is it really that simple?? will installing the os with the same key twice disable the key?? thanks for your time :)

thank you for you reply,but is it really that simple?? will installing the os with the same key twice disable the key?? thanks for your time :)

well it worked for me. Heres how I did mine.

Step 1. go to bios and set ur boot drive to the ssd

Step 2. Install Windows on your SSD (if key dosen't work call microsoft, it should most likley work)

Step 3. (Optional) go to bios and set ur HDD to your secondary boot

Step 4. Go to disc management and Format your HDD more than once (to get rid of any lingering data)

Step 5. go to bios and set ur HDD to secondary boot

No, it won't, maybe unless you use the OS at the same time but if not it won't.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

well it worked for me. Heres how I did mine.

Step 1. go to bios and set ur boot drive to the ssd

Step 2. Install Windows on your SSD (if key dosen't work call microsoft, it should most likley work)

Step 3. (Optional) go to bios and set ur HDD to your secondary boot

Step 4. Go to disc management and Format your HDD more than once (to get rid of any lingering data)

Step 5. go to bios and set ur HDD to secondary boot

No, it won't, maybe unless you use the OS at the same time but if not it won't.

thank you guys so much and i will try this :)...you guys are awesome :)

BTW REMOVE YOUR HDD BEFORE STEP 1 PLUG IT BACK IN ON STEP 3

thanks for the tip...im assuming its so it is installed on only the ssd right??? 

correct. Also windows is known to be fucked up with there is another drive with an OS on it

thank you for all your help!!! i will try now :) ...i didn't think i would get a reply this fas,t but guess i was wrong . thank you!!!!!!!