EU goes after Qualcomm, again.

Jupsik

Qualcomm is in trouble again and is being investigated for antitrust in the EU. The EU commission has looked into Qualcomm before in 2006/2007 but was dropped in 2009. 

The European Commission has opened two formal antitrust investigations into possible abusive behaviour by Qualcomm in the field of baseband chipsets used in consumer electronic devices. The first will examine whether Qualcomm has breached EU antitrust rules that prohibit the abuse of a dominant market position by offering financial incentives to customers on condition that they buy the baseband chipsets exclusively or almost exclusively from Qualcomm. The second will look into whether Qualcomm engaged in 'predatory pricing' by charging prices below costs with a view to forcing its competition out of the market.

EU Commissioner in charge of competition policy Margrethe Vestager said: "We are launching these investigations because we want to be sure that high tech suppliers can compete on the merits of their products. Many customers use electronic devices such as a mobile phone or a tablet and we want to ensure that they ultimately get value for money. Effective competition is the best way to stimulate innovation.

Source - http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-15-5383_en.htm

Qualcomm is also being investigated for antitrust in South Korea - http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/12/us-qualcomm-southkorea-idUSKBN0LG02120150212

And has recently been fined almost a billion in china - http://www.bbc.com/news/business-31335551

Thought I did. At least I didn't touch the colour.

Not my beloved Qualcomm.

Yay.

"Compete on the merits of your products" <--- This summarizes how the world should be, not how underhandedly you can muscle someone with better products out of the market.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Yay.

"Compete on the merits of your products" <--- This summarizes how the world should be, not how underhandedly you can muscle someone with better products out of the market.

Nice words and I hope they are not empty.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5-4690K | Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: Kingston Savage 4x4GB | GPU: Asus Strix GTX970 | PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 Evo | Storage: MX100 128GB + WD Blue 1TB | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 evo | Case: NZXT H440

the feeling when they can just take a fine that almost costs as much as AMD.

Thought I did. At least I didn't touch the colour.

When you copy/paste into the forums it copies some of the formatting as well.  In this case the colour was copied.

REK6c4Y.jpg

When you paste text, highlight it and select the automatic colour option in the options, like so...

Cpnauel.jpg

Gotta fund the Greece bailout somehow I guess.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

Gotta fund the Greece bailout somehow I guess.

except greece is not accepting a bailout