Should I buy a console or build a PC?

Dabasepc

pc... just.... you don't even need any pros or cons... just.. pc

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

Build a PC, more flexibility, cheaper in the long term, and more games to choose from

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

How much are you willing to spend?

Spoiler

CPU: AMD R7 5800X | CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i PRO | Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO | Memory: G.Skill RIPJAWS V DDR4 3200mhz 64GB | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra | PSU: Seasonic Prime 1300w | OS Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB | Games Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB | Media Drive: 2x WD Blue HDD 1TB in Raid 0 | Media Drive: 2x WD Black HDD 2TB in Raid 1 | Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D | Monitor 1: ASUS PB287Q UHD | Monitor 2: ASUS PG278Q WQHD

console: ease of use, plug and play(for the most part, day one patches are a thing but nothing you can do), exclusive games that you cant get else where so uncharted, forza series those sorts of games. 

PC: upgradeable, back catalogue many orders larger, mods, chose your frame rate, flexibiilty with control input kb/m, controller flight stick, wheel you name it. Does more than just play games, largest number of exclusive games, cheaper games, free online, games such as dota, hearthstone lol CS:GO all of which are huge are non existent on consoles. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

pc... just.... you don't even need any pros or cons... just.. pc

tht doesnt help.

title..

pros and cons / Console vs PC?

thanks.

Why not both?

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

console: ease of use, plug and play(for the most part, day one patches are a thing but nothing you can do), exclusive games that you cant get else where so uncharted, forza series those sorts of games. 

PC: upgradeable, back catalogue many orders larger, mods, chose your frame rate, flexibiilty with control input kb/m, controller flight stick, wheel you name it. Does more than just play games, largest number of exclusive games, cheaper games, free online, games such as dota, hearthstone lol CS:GO all of which are huge are non existent on consoles. 

thanks, any more pros on PC?

Why not both?

budget, this is for someone not me. lol

PC. Here's some links that can help you build one. Don't buy prebuilds, you can always pay someone to have it built (even though it's just like legos).

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/wiki/guide

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcforme

Desktop: 

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 4 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC | RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz | GPU: Asus GTX 1070 ROG Strix | PSU: ADATA Core Reactor 850W | Case: be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | HDD: Samsung HD502HJ 500GB | SSD: XPG M2 SX8200 Pro 512GB | SSD 2: Crucial MX500 500GB | Microphone: Blue Snowball iCE | Headphones: Corsair HS70 Wireless | Soundcard: Maya U5 5.1 | Speakers: Genius SP-HF1800A | Phone: Samsung Galaxy S10

Secondary Desktop:

CPU: Intel i7 4770k @stock | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: Asus Z97-PRO (Wi-Fi AC) | RAM: 2x8GB 1600MHz DDR3 | GPU: Asus GTX 1070 ROG Strix | PSU: OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W | Case: SilentiumPC Aquaris X70W | HDD: Samsung HD502HJ 500GB | SSD : Corsair Force LS 240GB

ASUS ZenBook Pro UX550VD:

CPU: i5-7300HQ | RAM: 8GB DDR4, 2400MHz | GPU: GTX 1050 + Intel HD Graphics 630 | Storage: 512GB M.2 SSD 

2001-2007 and maybe 2008, buy a console. Now however the Xbone and PS4 are pretty much a dead option since even with pre-Haswell hardware you could build a computer that is better for less.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

budget, this is for someone not me. lol

Oh sorry. How much is the budget?

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

go with what ever has more games you'd like to play

pc and wii u combo master race <3

Definitely pc, together my brothers and I have owned a ps2, 3, 4, Xbox 350 and a Wii and it has taught us that nothing beats a pc.

Anyone interested in helping me with my first console killa rig?

I already have a bare bones, the Asrock M8 Z87, you can Google the specs. I need some advice on CPU & GPU, I am looking at 8 gigs of hyper x sodium ram and a standard 250 gig sad and a WD 1tb black had.

Looking forward to some good ideas from U pc building geniuses

if your even asking this, your not ready for PC.

i just need help to reply to someone this is why i'm asking. i already got a good pc. aha 

Hmmm. Well first off PC will always be better, but it really depends on the what games you plan on playing, and what your friends play as well. Trust me , this is coming from a console fanboy, and the switch to PC was a great one, not to mention building my PC was a blast. I still play on my PS4 regularly as well, but I have pretty much all the consoles, and a PC. 70 hour work weeks help that.

Let's go with my pros, and con though, seeing as that is what the topic is about.

PC Pros

Free multiplayer, no subscription service

Cheap games. Seriously I've seen games like MKX for $10

The feeling of building your own gaming PC

60 fps

PC cons

Can get expensive, especially when you always want to upgrade

Some friends might not be able to do a gaming PC

Game optimization

Console pros

Multiplayer with friends

Lower frame rates, so games are usually optimized better

Trying to think of another pro haha

Console cons

Multiplayer subscriptions

Digital games usually at a fixed price

Lower resolutions. Not 1080p

Lower frame rates. Your looking at 24 fps usually.

Like I said my post is about my experiences. I'm new to the PC scene, so take my advice with a grain of salt. There are veteran PC gamers on this forum That'll have a ton more pros and cons.

Build a pc. You have more freedom in choice and games but with console you get what you get btw you cant even play every game oc has on console so yea..... pc FTW

thanks, any more pros on PC?

You need more... You have the availability of almost every PC game ever made to chose from, you get a rig that will be better than probably even the nexxt (or even next 2) generations of console (though for a bit more money now)

I wouldn't build anything smaller than an i5, 8GB RAM, SSD and a 960 or similar.. That should last at least 3-5 years before an upgrade is needed and even then it'll still be very usable.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

because op has no money

No budget was ever stated :(

Just choose whatever you feel comfortable with and have the most friends on

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

You know what this whole forum is going to say...

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub