Vault 111 by PEXON

pexon

Cheers! Just need to weather it now

/ / 6G V2 - MX Black / Choc Mini - MX Blue / HHKB Pro 2 (Anthracite) - Lubed and dental modded / Poker 2 - MX Black / Dell AT101W / Filco TKL(Beige) - MX Black / Filco TKL(Black) - MX Brown / V60- MX Red / V80 - MX Brown / Winkeyless B.Mini / RS84 / / 

@pexonpcs

Personally I would have gone for a brownish black liquid, somewhat reminiscent of old engine oil, which would have suited the whole worn-out idea rather well. Still, I don't think the blue is going to be bad either...

Main Rig "Melanie" (click!) -- AMD Ryzen7 1800X • Gigabyte Aorus X370-Gaming 5 • 3x G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 8GB • Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming • Corsair RM750x • Phanteks Enthoo Pro --

HTPC "Keira" -- AMD Sempron 2650 • MSI AM1I • 2x Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 8GB • ASUS ENGTX 560Ti • Corsair SF450 • Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV Shift --

Laptop "Abbey" -- AMD E-350 • HP 646982-001 • 1x Samsung DDR3 1333 4GB • AMD Radeon HD 6310 • HP MU06 Notebook Battery • HP 635 case --

Yea, that was initially the plan. Or a UV  green/ yellow to make it look like its radioactive. I could do a poll i suppose

/ / 6G V2 - MX Black / Choc Mini - MX Blue / HHKB Pro 2 (Anthracite) - Lubed and dental modded / Poker 2 - MX Black / Dell AT101W / Filco TKL(Beige) - MX Black / Filco TKL(Black) - MX Brown / V60- MX Red / V80 - MX Brown / Winkeyless B.Mini / RS84 / / 

@pexonpcs

Yea, that was initially the plan. Or a UV  green/ yellow to make it look like its radioactive. I could do a poll i suppose

You can use what you have for testing/validating purposes, then finalized it with whatever. :)

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

This has to be the most detailed Fallout inspired build I have seen. Spot on!

Fallout isnt really my thing but I can definetly appreciate this build. Its definetly well done and buietifuly crafted

Thanks for the kind words guys :)

@pexonpcs

WOW, very nice Build.

I love this used look.

Keep working 

• 2 weeks later...

Been a while since my last update, but I've been busy with work. I have still managed to get a fair amount of work done though. All the watercooling gear is in now, bar the GPU block. EK only included 4x screws for mounting the block, great. I've opened up a support ticket, but I've yet to have a response. If needs be, to get the rig full of water and leak tested, I will go to the local James Listers and get some of the M3 DIN screws tomorrow. Pretty annoying, but hey, you can't account for these things; I'm not too happy considering I ordered it last week with 1 day DHL express and it didn't turn up til Friday :/

The routing of the tubing was actually not as hard as I imagined, once I ripped out the bottom of the drive bay cage. I got the dremel out and smashed it out in 5 mins, no need to keep it neat and tidy, the rougher the better.

Zpe2FHth.jpg

The pump directly feeds the pump via a male to male 1/4" fitting.

Rs5Ne0jh.jpg

As hinted before, the block arrived, buts useless without another 11x M3 DIN screws

BCBitlJh.jpg

LMHRUfEh.jpg

MxFZqquh.jpg

4DneJLZh.jpg

On a positive note, ordered the CPU (6600K) and an SSHD (just to play about with) for the build from Overclockers on Friday and it arrived on Saturday, this meant I can get the CPU block mounted and start tubing up.

thp3UrGh.jpg

I0T96Dch.jpg

XZk6dvih.jpg

wr390och.jpg

LPBQFjWh.jpg

L1gCCagh.jpg

Gvhmv2lh.jpg

H3UBDByh.jpg

5DaeBosh.jpg

mqgKO1Kh.jpg

GdeHveEh.jpg

roIzPzyh.jpg

As you can see, nearly there! Just get the GPU block in a acquire some RAM, then we are done!

Hope you all had a great weekend! More updates soon!

@pexonpcs

Would be cool to make the fluid look like Nuka Cola or Nuka Cola Quantum. Toss in a few bottle caps and you would be good to go.

Thanks guys, really happy with the CPU block, just gotta do it to a £100 GPU block now :x 

The coolant will be a blue shade atm. I am thinking about black, UV yellow (radio-active style), engine oil black, but UV Blue sounds like a good idea too

@pexonpcs

May just be the pictures, but doesn't the UV light take a lot away from the weathering? 

I agree, it seems like the UV light is washing out the hard work and weathering that was put on there. 

Thanks guys, really happy with the CPU block, just gotta do it to a £100 GPU block now :x 

The coolant will be a blue shade atm. I am thinking about black, UV yellow (radio-active style), engine oil black, but UV Blue sounds like a good idea too

How thick is that top rad??, 80mm???

Looking for a job

Its not UV light, its just blue LED strips, they are not final. I am contemplating just going with white LEDs. The blue is incredibly hard to photo, I have played in Lightroom to try and make it look like it does IRL, buts its VERY hard. 

The top rad is a MONSTA rad from Alphacool, so I believe its 80mm 

@pexonpcs

Its not UV light, its just blue LED strips, they are not final. I am contemplating just going with white LEDs. The blue is incredibly hard to photo, I have played in Lightroom to try and make it look like it does IRL, buts its VERY hard. 

Yeah, the white LEDs would probably show off your work better imo. :) Maybe even a little bit of yellow-ish color, like lightbulb or vacuum tube produces, keeping with the Fallout theme.

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

This build is utter...perfection! 10/10 <3

Fallout is my favorites game series and Bethesda's dev team should give you a high 5 (or more) for this build. I originally thought the case color was not going to work but seeing the later pictures it was a good choice.

good job

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

Cheers GeekJump, thats very kind! :D

Once the watercooling is done, leak tested and the system is booted, so I am 100% happy that it works, I will play around with the lighting. NO final photos until Fallout 4 release day though ;)

@pexonpcs

Cheers GeekJump, thats very kind! :D

Once the watercooling is done, leak tested and the system is booted, so I am 100% happy that it works, I will play around with the lighting. NO final photos until Fallout 4 release day though ;)

Contact Bethesda, maybe you could get some exposure and a free copy for this effort. :)

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

This is very cool, Corsair had one of these done also, 

Intel i5 4690k | NZXT Kraken x61 | MSI z97 Gaming 5 | MSI GTX 970 EVGA Supernova G2 750 G-Skill Ripjaws 16GB 2133mhz [2x8] | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB HDD Samsung 850 EVO Series 250GB SSD NZXT H440 [black and Red]

Saving for a Dream rig :)

AWESOME build.

I think the white LEDs would look better. The blue seems a little over-powering to me.

You know that guy that games on a MacBook? I'm that guy.

I'm hoping the extra GPU block screws come in today an I can get the block installed and the tubing completed. Once its filled up, I'm going to see what the blue LEDs look like, if they are too OTT, I will swap them over to white 

@pexonpcs

• 4 weeks later...

Well, well, well. What an absolutely crazy few days. I've been working like a trooper to get the project finished up.

I did have some issues with some of the EK blocks not fitting correctly, so to save messing about with any RMA, I just bought another and a backplate.

I have got some other in progress shots, however, I am eager to get onto Fallout 4 now as I've not had chance to play it yet! :'(

Without much furtherado... here are some pics

rCQzzl3h.jpg

RcSGYUbh.jpg

0z5o5Vqh.jpg

7w4W87Lh.jpg

lU16sC6h.jpg

tIUmm5Ah.jpg

TGsnpPnh.jpg

c1dFfwoh.jpg

IYYiA6Ch.jpg

KpaiPuZh.jpg

OBm37QJh.jpg

ILGKU9oh.jpg

BLwS2RJh.jpg

bgMSSQWh.jpg

i9m1AkBh.jpg

Ufo3Ighh.jpg

8HQr3m3h.jpg

Jf0lMxzh.jpg

BryNWVKh.jpg

T0thDjTh.jpg

eMAkJsnh.jpg

DCc8Opxh.jpg

phsenRDh.jpg

QVkDX6Yh.jpg

CEcNhFLh.jpg

2Y75o7Jh.jpg

Vi5K3xqh.jpg

Photographs were taken with a Canon 70D with a 17-50mm f/2.8 and Manfrotto BeFree tripod.

I also got some amazing help from my friend Tom, who helped me out with a lovely video of the build. We used an outdoor storage area, in an old school house. There was plenty of old tarp, cans, propane tanks, bottles of various cleaning fluids and general junk.

Be sure to watch the video, its pretty epic, even if I do say so myself!

ygFKgw8LEnk

Video shot on Panasonic GH4 @1080p 50fps

Final list of components used :-

Intel i5 6600K
MSI B150M Mortar    
Corsair Dominator DDR4 2866MHz (2x8GB)
MSI GTX980Ti
Kingston SSDNOW300 120GB
Seagate 500GB SSHD
SuperFlower Leadex 1000W GOLD PSU

Custom sleeved PSU cables
Blue and white LED strips

Alphacool Susurro 120mm fans (blue) x7
Nanoxia Deep Silence 120mm fans x2
Alphacool NexXxos XP3 CPU block
Alphacool 13-10mm compression fittings (black)
Mayhems 13-10mm tubing
Aquacomputer Double Protect Ultra Blue
EK GTX 980 Ti TF5 Full-Cover water block (Acetel)
EK GTX 980 TF5 Backplate (Acetel)
Alphacool VPP655 and plexi-top
Alphacool Cape Corp Coolplex Pro 15 LT

I just want to say thanks to the following people/ companies:-

Momma and mini pexon :D
Chris, Steven and everyone @Overclockers (overclockers.co.uk)
Tom @MSI UK   (uk.msi.com/)
Pas and Eddie @Aquatuning UK (https://www.aquatuning.co.uk/)

Hugggge thanks to my friends Tom (video magician) and Ryan for helping out with the set up and lighting and of course, to everyone who has been following the build, thanks for the kind words, comments and suggestions. Its been one hell of a ride!

.... lets go boy

@pexonpcs