Vault 111 by PEXON

pexon

Looks sweet :) I also think the font fits well, I didn't really got a Bioshock feel.

In my opinon: I think the bare switch with the on/off plate looks better more industrial like. The switch cover looks good, but it's kinda big and bulky. 

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Looks sweet :) I also think the font fits well, I didn't really got a Bioshock feel.

In my opinon: I think the bare switch with the on/off plate looks better more industrial like. The switch cover looks good, but it's kinda big and bulky. 

Hmmm, I get what you mean. I will have another play tomorrow and see what its like without

That vault 111 plaque came out really good :)

this build is making be want to play some fallout 3

I tried to, but I can't get it to run stable. I can get like 20 mins in and it just crashes.

/ / 6G V2 - MX Black / Choc Mini - MX Blue / HHKB Pro 2 (Anthracite) - Lubed and dental modded / Poker 2 - MX Black / Dell AT101W / Filco TKL(Beige) - MX Black / Filco TKL(Black) - MX Brown / V60- MX Red / V80 - MX Brown / Winkeyless B.Mini / RS84 / / 

@pexonpcs

Hmmm, I get what you mean. I will have another play tomorrow and see what its like without

Sure, don't take me too serious though, I am kinda perfectionist when it comes to those things. Other than that, keep at it, looks sweet af.  :)

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Its cool, you know I appreciate the feedback.

I am so happy with how the plaque came out

/ / 6G V2 - MX Black / Choc Mini - MX Blue / HHKB Pro 2 (Anthracite) - Lubed and dental modded / Poker 2 - MX Black / Dell AT101W / Filco TKL(Beige) - MX Black / Filco TKL(Black) - MX Brown / V60- MX Red / V80 - MX Brown / Winkeyless B.Mini / RS84 / / 

@pexonpcs

Its cool, you know I appreciate the feedback.

I am so happy with how the plaque came out

Yep, I wouldn't thought that you can get something like this with just 9v battery. :)

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Its mad isn't it! :D Yea, its just a cotton bud and salty water, tie up the cotton bud and connector the wires to the battery. The 9v wire was connected to the metal and i used the cotton bud/ ground wire as a paint brush. It did take a while, but it turned out great

@pexonpcs

Hey guys, time for another update.

First off, I managed to find another vinyl sticker I got made up and never found a use for...

gPv8ctrh.jpg

SocGl9nh.jpg

6fOt864h.jpg

Weathered up with sand paper, lighter  and some ink

02RRnvnh.jpg

ijeqrKUh.jpg

BJjPuyqh.jpg

1F2K6Tgh.jpg

imKNmqJh.jpg

Next up I manged to get another toggle fighter pilot style switch in. This one will just be for decoration

Soldered the wires up, so the LED can  be wired up to a 9v battery.

MYDma6qh.jpg

Mb1zYIlh.jpg

eJkNMDYh.jpg

TRIiHjKh.jpg

tllMZ5Hh.jpg

6Okccaih.jpg

2sHn3wkh.jpg

9bFKL04h.jpg

O33JnCOh.jpg

M0nKKBAh.jpg

aTiY7iVh.jpg

Next up, time for cables! :D

lBPaIyQh.jpg

Double wires and jumpers on the cables will be done with clear  shrink and ink for weathering

QwuWKSWh.jpg

BOOM!

OhC6DMgh.jpg

pF06OFqh.jpg

Ha2XlGYh.jpg

M7dghwqh.jpg

5auUgL2h.jpg

All working first time with everything but the -5v lit (20th pin, not used on any PSUs anymore), so all good here :)

GtPDJsrh.jpg

3USqz1Rh.jpg

3qwYVa3h.jpg

Now....  bare with me, I went a little overboard with the weathering on the cables .....

Pbjv1YJh.jpg

hyiZzroh.jpg

vOr9njsh.jpg

9UzilZWh.jpg

aZ3JWveh.jpg

8NNQg5Xh.jpg

I used some electrical tape on the 2nd wire that took more weathering than the other wires, to make it look like someone has tried to repair the loom.

6WB5bObh.jpg

If its too OTT, I can easily change it... some  feedback would be great!

As always, thanks for stopping by!

James

@pexonpcs

holy crap nice sleeving job!!! love that you are getting the blue in yellow in the build with the cables, very nice touch right there. thumbs up!

Man I need you to make my cables for my next build :) Might announce my build after voting is done on my current build.

Thanks so much dude! :D Took a lot of courage to mash the cables up after the work I put in on them. 

If you want me to make cables, I will be sure to make them look as 'bad' as these lol :P 

@pexonpcs

No such think as "too weathered" :P. It looks very well done. I like the front panel too, that's a sweet idea with the switches and then the Pip-boy logo. Where'd you get the wire from for the sleeving? I'm looking to do cabling myself and I can't find the perfect wires.

Thanks so much dude! :D Took a lot of courage to mash the cables up after the work I put in on them. 

If you want me to make cables, I will be sure to make them look as 'bad' as these lol :P

Thanks, Tho I am going for an industrial/warehouse type looking build so that may fit my theme :)

I was going to sleeve the cables for my NES build, but changed my mind, would of made it so hard to run the cables they way I needed them to go. so I dyed them :P

DSC_0131_zpsrq2pcwys.jpg

Dying cables is a sweet idea, did you use RitDye or something similar? I've done it with keycpas before with some good results

Time for another small update, nothing massive as I've had a very busy weekend!

I done some carnage to the PSU!

6yyC4BOh.jpg

W4edp2ch.jpg

d7ad5Lzh.jpg

cyfHrHEh.jpg

I need to get another set of hex keys to take off the PSU cover, I lost all my dinky ones. I don't want to go too ham on the weathering and get any metallic dust or any of the powder coat inside the PSU and cause issues.

wnYaZtPh.jpg

I also manged to distress the clear connectors, simply sanded random patches and used some ink to make some runs, to ensure it fits in with the theme. Its reallly hard to get some pics of the connectors when its late night in the workshop

DC8NwFIh.jpg

OLtQXH8h.jpg

Again, sorry for the small update, I just want to keep the thread up to date!

Thanks for looking.

James/pex

@pexonpcs

• 1 month later...

Hey guys! Time for another update and another very awesomely epic update.

I am very proud to announce that MSI have been so gracious been so gracious to offer support the project.

vtqFuk0h.jpg

GmrtRs6l.jpg

8RVPPAfl.jpg

Cl8spTCl.jpg

cYMpP2kl.jpg

Wjl80Eal.jpg

q6vfyTRl.jpg

Iflb7Uml.jpg

NXtKv5rl.jpg

HUGE thank you to Tom @ MSI UK for helping out with the project. I will be ordering the CPU immediately and the mobo should be in tomorrow. Once all the gear is tested, the watercooling and weathering can commence! Not going to enjoy weathering such nice expensive gear, but it has to be done to fit in with the theme.

Since the last update, I've been so busy with work, but I did manage to get a few things done, namely some accessories, Nuka Cola bottle and other items I am still working on/ wondering how to finish.

CKUL4igl.jpg

bAgwq2Xl.jpg

ggfV3WKl.jpg

BIG thanks to Chris at Overclockers for sorting this awesome little 3-D printed Vault-Boy out too!

18mVeA7l.jpg

Thanks so much for looking, hopefully some more updates soon!

@pexonpcs

Damn you're one lucky son of gun. It's cool from MSI to pretty much give away 980Ti. :)

I'm not jealous at all. :D 

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Doesn't sounds like it at all ;)

@pexonpcs

I'm not even a huge Fallout fan, but this thing looks absolutely stunning! Great work so far! Definitely following this one; can't wait to see it finished

MY BUILD LOG

Instagram: @enz0man

Thanks so much guys! :D 

@pexonpcs

Such a sick mod, best i've ever seen on this and other forums. A possible idea would be the modularity and DIY element of anything in fallout how it is hastily done and not the usual way. Examples could be a pci-e riser for the graphics card to be in a non standard position, or externally mounted ssds for example. Or simply some metal patches riveted/bolted onto the case.

Would be good if you could do something never done before though to keep it unique and fallout-esque, multicoloured hardware screws could be used aswell, or bigger/smaller ones to make it seem thrown together.

To keep in with the retro-futuristic a dvd burner disguised as a floppy drive or a new component combined with an old one to make it fit.

Intel i7 4770k @4.5ghz, Asus Maximus VI Formula, Asus Geforce GTX 780, Corsair h100i, Corsair Neutron GTX 240gb, WD Black 1tb, Corsair 750D, Corsair AX860i w/ Sleeved Cables.

I rarely leave the build logs section.

Hey guys, time for another update!

@Aw27, thanks for the kind comments. I am dubious of making it look, too form over function. I did think about options for the GPU, but its done a fair amount nowadays and again, I don't want it to be too form over function.

The new board arrived on friday afternoon. The B150 is potentially an interim board as the z170M version has been delayed. If the Z170 doesn't come through, I will just stick with the B150. I plan on using the 6600K with it, even compared to my current 2500K and 280X, the 980ti and 6000K will blow it out the water, good job considering I am going 4K.

DSTjBwch.jpg

6pva98Qh.jpg

G4yq8Emh.jpg

0ChteoZh.jpg

u9DITnlh.jpg

The awesome reinforced PCI-e slot

wEwHMfoh.jpg

Going to test the board and the GPU before I go to town with the weathering on the heatsinks

wEwHMfoh.jpg

PPLjQ30h.jpg

EI96W0Xh.jpg

rMcuiaRh.jpg

MwkEMToh.jpg

BBvBv7Vh.jpg

hEo8xUqh.jpg

09NlUDdh.jpg

88oXQGkh.jpg

QQlmYNjh.jpg

lghUj80h.jpg

UlX88RKh.jpg

Thanks  for looking guys.

Again, a HUGE thank you to MSI for supporting this project

@pexonpcs

:o You going to age the mobo and the gpu as well?

Check out my YouTube channel here and don't forget to subscribe :D

Current build: Project Athena

I sure am!

@pexonpcs

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, making some serious progress with the build now! On the final stretch! :D

Aquatuning have been very kind and supplied the rest of the wet gear to get the rig finished

6932f0bc_Aquatuning-Logo.jpeg

ecz3zZIh.jpg

N39QHtOh.jpg

8Lm00Pfh.jpg

uz2oQcch.jpg

Q8f2FS6h.jpg

2gO2qb4h.jpg

QM7aQWxh.jpg

The cleary blue coolant will look bang on I reckons, as I am just going with clear floppy tubing, the blue LEDs and lights will compliment it well.

5YKQJZGh.jpg

Smashed the rad up in double quick time and got it installed with the out and inputs on the top. The tubing routing is a nightmare, I knew watercooling in this case (although its large) was going to be a PITA as nothing is in the right place, hence the reason I chose it, its quirky :D

bbpMZA6h.jpg

WA74mhBh.jpg

I have to have a look around for a little male to male G1/4" extender in order to mount the res on-top of the pump, space in the  bottom chamber is a little sparse. I can mount the res on top to keep it relatively tidy.

Also managed to borrow some ram to test the parts

tRm5vCzh.jpg

And managed to get a braided IEC cable made

iGFNBUbh.jpg

OeEPIibh.jpg

rgAPDSAh.jpg

I also met Vault Boy at Eurogamer this weekend too!

KP58oxQh.jpg

Thanks for looking guys

@pexonpcs