London woman changes her name to get control of Facebook account

jos

post-121932-0-24147400-1436898291.gif

post-121932-0-70322700-1436898276.gif

post-121932-0-70322700-1436898276.gif

post-121932-0-24147400-1436898291.gif

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

Massive fail, massive.

True story though, there's an English guy who booked plane tickets but spelled his name wrong. When he noticed he called the airline to change the name but they wanted £300 so instead he changed his name by deedpole to match the name on his ticket (£35), took the holiday then changed it back afterwards (£35).

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Is this an Onion article? The story itself is so stupid; I'm having a hard time believing it's real.

Although this is very comical and facepalm worthy, and I haven't fully read the article: I feel that there may be an addition motivation for regaining access to the account.

Many of you are saying "just make a new account". I have several family members/friends that (stupidly) use Facebook as a form of "cloud" storage for pictures. If many precious pictures are attached to the account I could see her feeling the need to go through drastic measures to recover them. This may not be the case, but it does cross my mind.

It is an ongoing struggle to convince them (family/friends) of the importance of multiple backups, local/off-site/cloud.

Incoming more people saying: I don't have Facebook lel.

Guys really, nobody cares if you have Facebook or not.

As far as I know the only way for Facebook to know your real name is with your credit card number. Just don't put your credit card number on Facebook and you can use whatever fake name you want.

She probably used her card to pay for microtransactions for Candy Crush or Farmville or some other stupid Facebook game.

Is there any other reason why anyone would put their credit card number on Facebook except for microstransactions and promoting your page ? I don't use Facebook that much.

Sigh... technology makes us increasingly stupid as it caters to our lazy nature and makes us excessively dependant on tools such as the calculator and Google browsing to do the jobs that our brains were biologically designed for.

Our brains are actually really bad at doing math, compared to processors. We are designed for logical operations, coming to conclusions from incomplete data sets and things like that, that computer chips are actually really bad at. What we dont excel in is crunching numbers. and for that, those calculators are really useful. 

Just like we dont excel at chopping down trees with your bare hands, so we made the axe. (and so on)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

I lost a few braincells reading this post.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

this proves how bad facebooks policy is regarding the use of names, if your account get locked they will only unlock it you send something that confirms you are a real human, so something like a copy of your ID card, drivers license or whatever. which actually is illegal, but they still get away with.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Life without Facebook is a liberation. 

Haven't touch my Facebook account for years.

Personally, I only use Facebook to connect with old friends and to remember birthdays, but other then that Facebook has become less and less important to me. But without it, I'd probably miss 95% of my friends birthdays, and I'm too lazy to put all of these birthdays in my Google Calander :D

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

I can't believe that they approved that name lol

Incoming more people saying: I don't have Facebook lel.

Guys really, nobody cares if you have Facebook or not.

Nobody cares if you care whether people have Facebook or not.

Nobody cares if you care whether people have Facebook or not.

Dude, such a lame comeback, you can't deny it's the same story with every facebook thread all over again, it's annoying and it's like a broken record, repeating, repeating etc.

Apparently you care that I care, otherwise you wouldn't have reacted.  :wub:

Also, @LukaP you liked that comment?

You are not bae anymore  :angry:

Dude, such a lame comeback, you can't deny it's the same story with every facebook thread all over again, it's annoying and it's like a broken record, repeating, repeating etc.

Apparently you care that I care, otherwise you wouldn't have reacted.  :wub:

Also, @LukaP you liked that comment?

You are not bae anymore  :angry:

Nobody cares whether you have facebook or not. Nobody cares that nobody cares. Why do people care about other peoples personal decisions? ;)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Nobody cares whether you have facebook or not. Nobody cares that nobody cares. Why do people care about other peoples personal decisions? ;)

Hush, ex-bae is not relevant anymore  :unsure:

Apparently you care that I care, otherwise you wouldn't have reacted.

And if you apply that same logic to your own post...

And if you apply that same logic to your own post...

BUT, to be fair:

Said this 3 times total over the span of this year in 3 different thread vs the countless 'I don't have FB anyway' posts over many threads.

BUT, to be fair:

Said this 3 times total over the span of this year in 3 different thread vs the countless 'I don't have FB anyway' posts over many threads.

I guess if you are a big fan of Facebook it could be mildly annoying. But in fairness you've said multiple times that you don't care. So I don't see how it annoys you so much. Tbh.

I guess if you are a big fan of Facebook it could be mildly annoying. But in fairness you've said multiple times that you don't care. So I don't see how it annoys you so much. Tbh.

I'm not. Just the repeating aspect of it is annoying.

But let's stop.

You have GOT to be kidding me......

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

I'm not. Just the repeating aspect of it is annoying.

But let's stop.

I think it's like a counter weight. The whole Internet pushes Facebook down our throats, so it's hardly surprising some people feel the need to push a different narrative whenever Facebook is mentioned in a public forum.

Pfff. HAHA.

Classic stupidity at its finest. Well done silly woman, you've won idiot of the month.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15