[Desk PC] Vector Desk Build - ASUS GOLIATH

It's just perfect. No other words needed.

It could feature more unusuall things, to be more interesting, but in it's simple and clean state it looks great.

Thanks mate. Our next batch will be out in a few weeks time. Hopefully there's more unique build from our customers! Will definitely post some over here once they're built :)

Originality..???

Originality comes with the design approach and aesthetics, not the "desk build" concept itself. You can do a lot with a desk build and the only limit is one's imagination.

OP: Looks great! Good job.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

yes it is!

It is indeed a lil more tricky to fill in at first haha. However, its not that hard when you're doing it in a Desk case. No electronic parts nearby that area.  :lol:

But that could kill the pump! can it?

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

But that could kill the pump! can it?

It shouldn't. In practice, pumps are generally installed above, or at roughly the same level as, a reservoir (I'm not referring to liquid cooling loops here, just in general).

The only thing that can really destroy a pump isn't air bubbles either (sure, it's noisy with air bubbles); a bigger problem is when the liquid starts to vaporize, causing cavitation (destroys the pump blades, essentially).

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

It shouldn't. In practice, pumps are generally installed above, or at roughly the same level as, a reservoir (I'm not referring to liquid cooling loops here, just in general).

The only thing that can really destroy a pump isn't air bubbles either (sure, it's noisy with air bubbles); a bigger problem is when the liquid starts to vaporize, causing cavitation (destroys the pump blades, essentially).

Thanks for the explanation!

As long as the water-cooling system is installed, bleed and sealed properly, there shouldn't be much issue as the liquid stays in the loop even when they vaporize. Perhaps a tiny weeny of them will escape over a very long period.

Of course, as I'd mentioned, first fill is definitely a lil more tricky where you will need to fill in from the pump and bleeding it at the same time from the reservoir. For future liquid adding, it can be done via reservoir without much issue cause its a sealed loop. 

It has been running that way for about 2 months now, no bubbles spotted through the plexi top  :)

What brand is the desk? I am wondering if they sell them here in the US and im interested in buying one. SICK!!!!! :D

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

What brand is the desk? I am wondering if they sell them here in the US and im interested in buying one. SICK!!!!! :D

Sadly they're for sale locally in Malaysia only at the moment.

^

Awesome build!

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

The brand is Vector, we yet to have any distributor in the states at the moment :(

Lol honestly if I had a desk like this I'm not even sure if I'll even bother using the computer. I'd be too busy looking at how amazing the desk looks!

That Mobo and the cables look SEXY (by that I mean super insanely sexy because I was able to pick them of the whole insanely sexy build (aww yea, computer pick up line))

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

Lol honestly if I had a desk like this I'm not even sure if I'll even bother using the computer. I'd be too busy looking at how amazing the desk looks!

Imagine, when you're back from your tiring job, opens the door, then a Desk PC greets ya...it's just...priceless. Literally relieves your daily stress.  :lol:

That Mobo and the cables look SEXY (by that I mean super insanely sexy because I was able to pick them of the whole insanely sexy build (aww yea, computer pick up line))

LOL 

I need this ._. 

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

This looks amazing until you hit your knee on the corner of the desk haha

This post should be filtered because poor people like me wouldn't stand it Dx

This post should be filtered because poor people like me wouldn't stand it Dx

We tried our best to keep the cost low. Well if you were to buy a premium case together with a nice Desk, it's either about the same price as our Desk or even more. I would be more concerned on the shipping actually. 

An image of the Vector Desk at ASUS event, should have tidied the cables behind before snapping this  :P

7954_526132624112669_1698625297_n.jpg

Cool.  After seeing this and others like it (L3P) I think I want a computer desk now too.  I need a big disk though or perhaps build it as an add-on to the main desk.

Hmm, maybe something using wood with wrought iron frame.  I like wooden desks.

Looks good OP.

Great desk

I think it would be better if the compartment where the psu is was hidden. The cover should be opaque.

Maybe you can make a very small versoin for mini ITX or mATX boards

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

Great desk

I think it would be better if the compartment where the psu is was hidden. The cover should be opaque.

just smack some opaque tint behind it :D

Maybe you can make a very small versoin for mini ITX or mATX boards

hmmm, meaning it'll look like a test bench? as in Desk shape just for aesthetic instead of practical? interesting...looks like miniature furniture for kids!  :D

just smack some opaque tint behind it :D

hmmm, meaning it'll look like a test bench? as in Desk shape just for aesthetic instead of practical? interesting...looks like miniature furniture for kids!  :D

No, just take the desk you have right now (same height and shape) and just shave off some of it's "wingspan" 

No, just take the desk you have right now (same height and shape) and just shave off some of it's 

haha, thats gona be one small Desk. The one in the image is roughly 100cm in length only.

Oh wow that's 39 inches. I looks way bigger in the pictures. 

Oh wow that's 39 inches. I looks way bigger in the pictures. 

Yea, we find that our local market demands something that can fits into most rooms easily so we made it smaller  ;)