PSU ranking and tiers

Aniallation

If you don't like it, ignore it and move on.

Just like how you couldn't ignore the PCMasterRace tier list and attempted to "improve" on it by making a thread in another forum, I decided to not ignore your list by directly confronting your thread in telling you how it isn't factually sound.

You, yourself, decided to take up a job of maintaining an informative list that required a firm understanding of the complexity of SMPS in which potentially hundreds or even thousands of people may look at. Many of these people are putting their trust in you for providing an accurate, unbiased information on various of PSUs. I'm quite sure they would feel cheated had they spent money on something if that wasn't the case.

As such, telling a guy whom 99% of his post count is in the PSU section to "ignore it and move on" is unlikely. So rather than telling me to ignore something, maybe you should take into serious consideration of what I'd said, and actually dedicate some of your time to improved this list because it does need work. Get some advice from actual PSU reviewers if you need to (they often gathered at Jonnyguru.com).

Just like how you couldn't ignore the PCMasterRace tier list and attempted to "improve" on it by making a thread in another forum, I decided to not ignore your list by directly confronting your thread in telling you how it isn't factually sound.

You, yourself, decided to take up a job of maintaining an informative list that required a firm understanding of the complexity of SMPS in which potentially hundreds or even thousands of people may look at. Many of these people are putting their trust in you for providing an accurate, unbiased information on various of PSUs. I'm quite sure they would feel cheated had they spent money on something if that wasn't the case.

As such, telling a guy whom 99% of his post count is in the PSU section to "ignore it and move on" is unlikely. So rather than telling me to ignore something, maybe you should take into serious consideration of what I'd said, and actually dedicate some of your time to improved this list because it does need work. Get some advice from actual PSU reviewers if you need to (they often gathered at Jonnyguru.com).

If you actually paid attention to the OP you'd realize that I did take into serious consideration what you'd said, and have adjusted many things, including most of your suggestions. 

People still make lots of threads asking for PSUs and if you want to help them out with your infinite PSU knowledge then do go right ahead as you've been doing for the past while. I have school, work, and other things to worry about. I can't just sit on this forum all day, especially this thread, working on making it perfect. Also, 99% of my posts are not in the PSU section, I actually help people in other sections as well.

You don't have to make yourself look like a big critic for everyone to know you have extensive PSU knowledge. We know you are right, buddy. If you want to make some immediate changes, do give a list of changes you want to make, either here or over PM, and they will be done ASAP. But if you want me to do the work myself and continue improving on it independently, it will take time. 

If you don't like that, then either ignore it or make your own thread in which you have full control over, rather then complain about other people's. There's a reason this thread is not stickied unlike the wattage one.

"Rawr XD"

Question - the CM B-series, where are they? :o I just noticed.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Question - the CM B-series, where are they? :o I just noticed.

It seems that a few of the units are made by Enhance which is good. Lemme read into the CWT units....

OK, nah they're too new to have any reviews. However Enhance is a solid OEM.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

It seems that a few of the units are made by Enhance which is good. Lemme read into the CWT units....

OK, nah they're too new to have any reviews. However Enhance is a solid OEM.

Would still like them slotted somewhere in the list though - any rough idea where they fit?

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Would still like them slotted somewhere in the list though - any rough idea where they fit?

Not much of a clue tbh. They have an effiency of 80+ and although that doesn't necessarily mean they are bad it does mean that it's likely not to be the best performing or highest quality PSU.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Not much of a clue tbh. They have an effiency of 80+ and although that doesn't necessarily mean they are bad it does mean that it's likely not to be the best performing or highest quality PSU.

Yet another entry to the "Meh" segment?

Yet another entry to the "Meh" segment?

my best guess. Like I said I couldn't find much about them.

my best guess. Like I said I couldn't find much about them.

You see - this is why I stick with SeaSonic when I do builds - with them I don't even need a review to tell it's good anymore :D

You see - this is why I stick with SeaSonic when I do builds - with them I don't even need a review to tell it's good anymore :D

That is mostly true but some older units have issues and a few in-betweens aren't the greatest. Still, you're pretty much guaranteed to be safe with a Seasonic OEM unit.

That is mostly true but some older units have issues and a few in-betweens aren't the greatest. Still, you're pretty much guaranteed to be safe with a Seasonic OEM unit.

People been telling me the OG M12II had issues but I find that hard to believe honestly. I still recommend the Evo edition.

People been telling me the OG M12II had issues but I find that hard to believe honestly. I still recommend the Evo edition.

Older one had just a massive (like abnormally massive) amount of negative reviews on Newegg/Amazon from people who said their units were DOA. Normally I would ignore them but when literally half of the reviews are "DOA, returned it and got my money back" it starts to become a bit suspicious.

Older one had just a massive (like abnormally massive) amount of negative reviews on Newegg/Amazon from people who said their units were DOA. Normally I would ignore them but when literally half of the reviews are "DOA, returned it and got my money back" it starts to become a bit suspicious.

True - not sure how it is now though.

New version is likely perfectly fine knowing Seasonic.

I meant the non-Evo edition - do DOA ones still exist or did they fix that one as well since it's still being sold.

I meant the non-Evo edition - do DOA ones still exist or did they fix that one as well since it's still being sold.

Well I would guess that the ones that were commonly DOAd are still in existence and are working just fine. Not sure how common they are.

Well I would guess that the ones that were commonly DOAd are still in existence and are working just fine. Not sure how common they are.

Well - when I bought mine - I was offered either it or an M12II (non-evo) - still not sure if I made the right call - sooo many cabbles cluttering my case T_T

have you guys forgotten about the antec earthwatts green, its a tier 2 so it should perform similar to the m12II, m12II evo, and s12II, and you can get a 450/500/550watt one, for around $30

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

have you guys forgotten about the antec earthwatts green, its a tier 2 so it should perform similar to the m12II, m12II evo, and s12II, and you can get a 450/500/550watt one, for around $30

It ugly 

Apart from that though it's better than the CX and 500B.600B

It ugly 

Apart from that though it's better than the CX and 500B.600B

its still great and for $30 the only way you can get something better for the price is off of ebay or craigslist or some other similar website, i also plan on getting the 550watt version for my planned build

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

lbr DOA is better then it working but blowing up in a week and frying other components along with it

No?? It's right there in Tier 2. Antec EA Green.

"Rawr XD"

lbr DOA is better then it working but blowing up in a week and frying other components along with it

No??

It's right there in Tier 2. Antec EA Green.

i was asking those 2 not you since they were talking about the m12II while the earthwatts should be very similar in performance while being very cheap

Spoiler

i was asking those 2 not you since they were talking about the m12II while the earthwatts should be very similar in performance while being very cheap

Oh ok

Yeah it's not as good as the S/M12II but better then the CX/B1

"Rawr XD"

Oh ok

Yeah it's not as good as the S/M12II but better then the CX/B1

but its still amazing for its price

Spoiler

No?? It's right there in Tier 2. Antec EA Green.

True - I still don't know if it would have been better to get an M12II though :D