PSU ranking and tiers

Aniallation
1 minute ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Seasonic M12 or Antec HCG man. Might be able to find an EVGA B2 or GQ for that money too.

Since when could I find things for free?

3 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

I been trying. Already got a 7970 from it and possibly a Q9650 with mobo. and ram.

find more harder

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

If you have Amazon Prime, EVGA 700B is $50 if you're looking for something not so top-notch. I'm quite sure it has 2 8-pins, I'd be shocked if it did not. Also, for anybody wondering, the EVGA 450B is available on Newgg now for $25 after rebate. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438082&cm_re=evga_450b-_-17-438-082-_-Product

4 hours ago, turkey3_scratch said:

If you have Amazon Prime, EVGA 700B is $50 if you're looking for something not so top-notch. I'm quite sure it has 2 8-pins, I'd be shocked if it did not. Also, for anybody wondering, the EVGA 450B is available on Newgg now for $25 after rebate. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438082&cm_re=evga_450b-_-17-438-082-_-Product

B1 are generally not great and for 50$, you can do much better with an XFX TS Bronze and sometimes even an S12G has been seen at 55$

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

13 hours ago, don_svetlio said:

B1 are generally not great and for 50$, you can do much better with an XFX TS Bronze and sometimes even an S12G has been seen at 55$

I am well aware of that but if he is explicitly looking for something that's not too good, then that's that. Also, depends which B1 you are talking about. The 500B, ugh. The 600B, though, is actually a decent unit, as seen in Techpowerup's review. Very nice ripple for sure :D https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/EVGA/600B/

700B has not been reviewed, so not sure about that one.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2016 at 6:08 PM, STRMfrmXMN said:

They're both tier 1, and the S is made by Seasonic. They're probably about as loud, but I believe the PS gets louder quicker as the fan starts running at 20% load so if silence is your thing then grab the P2. Same goes with the higher wattage versions of the GS vs G2

Well did find out that the P2 is more worth it than the PS, as the P2 has a 10 year warranty compared to the 7 year on the PS.

10 hours ago, Bubblewhale said:

Well did find out that the P2 is more worth it than the PS, as the P2 has a 10 year warranty compared to the 7 year on the PS.

They're both so good that it hardly matters but I suppose that's a good reason to buy the P2, yeah.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PcGamingNooblet said:

How about the EVGA BQ series?

They're relatively unknown at this point despite having been available on Amazon for around a week now. They're made by HEC and I have my doubts that they'll trump the B2 so if you're looking at getting a PSU now then grab that or a GQ.

They're relatively unknown at this point despite having been available on Amazon for around a week now. They're made by HEC and I have my doubts that they'll trump the B2 so if you're looking at getting a PSU now then grab that or a GQ.

Alright, I just saw them on sale for a relatively good price for what they offer.

Finally, we have an English review of the Corsair Vengeance platform

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=475

And holy shit did it perform well. Still waiting for advanced transient tests / hold up time, but that is not bad at all. I feel the joy of someone who made a good purchase (got my 450M for $43)

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

11 minutes ago, Matias_Chambers said:

Add the EVGA T2 to the tier 1 list.

This list isn't updated anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

I knew when it was a very well reviewed psu that it was a good one, despite its higher price.

I own the AX1200i and AX860i. Beyond a minor issue recently, my 2 Corsair psu's have been just fine. Plus theyre in tier 1. 

This should be updated for the new CX (X50) units.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

1 minute ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

This should be updated for the new CX (X50) units.

Unfortunately this thread isn't updated anymore :(

I've had the thought of creating a Google Spreadsheet but haven't gotten around to it.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Energycore said:

I've had the thought of creating a Google Spreadsheet but haven't gotten around to it.

That sucks, otherwise it's really informative.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

3 minutes ago, Energycore said:

The Google Spreadsheet idea is pretty nice though.

✨PC Specs✨

1 minute ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

I bet I'll get around to it at some point, but i've been very busy with music and projects these days :)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

9 minutes ago, Energycore said:

I wish there was a way of having multiple people edit a topic cuz I would do it but I've asked mods and they said it can't be done

One of these days I will add tiers to my PSU whitelist with a casual note on the side of the particular PSU ranking the tier. That's so time consuming though which is why I haven't done it.

I wish there was a way of having multiple people edit a topic cuz I would do it but I've asked mods and they said it can't be done

One of these days I will add tiers to my PSU whitelist with a casual note on the side of the particular PSU ranking the tier. That's so time consuming though which is why I haven't done it.

Same reason why I haven't done the spreadsheet thingy

It's a matter of having one full free day and devoting it to the Ranking. Easily 8 hours of work if not more.

Computer Specs:

Spoiler