Witcher 3 worth buying

Jerakl

Haven't really looked at it much.

Looks interesting, but it's rather expensive. Can someone gimme a little bit of an idea what the game is like?

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

If this game isn't worth buying then you will probably be pirating everything.

Witcher feels pretty unique. The lore and art style is Eastern European, a rather new venture in the gaming world of today. Gameplay-wise, it's ok. The story telling, the characters, the dialogue, choices you have to make, the music, the atmosphere, that's what it excels at. 

Kind of reminds me of Mass Effect, not only in the way that everything you do always has consequences and you ought to think about those, but also in the veridical world in which you are truly immersed.

It's also a quite long game.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I think it's 100% worth buying if you like those kind of games, pretty much if you enjoyed skyrim you'll like this. It's not exactly the same, but that's the closest recent game to compare it to. 

The story is really nice in this game too, and I much prefer the fighting in Witcher 3 to Skyrim.

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

65 hours in. 44% complete. No end in sight. Tons of free content added weekly. Two big expansions on the way. Gorgeous graphics. Excellent atmosphere. Brilliant music.

It's probably one of the few games released this year that is actually worth the money.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

the game is fun and looks very good wait for it to get older and buy it from a sale.

Expensive, you can get it at G2Play for $30 and even then you should still pay $60 for it for the amount of content and play time it has.

With mods the game looks stunning.

I quite enjoy the gameplay, I have a blast

Story is great

Mini-Game Gwent is tons of fun.

Probably one of my all time favorite games, in all my history of gaming.

Managed to get it free, but I would totally buy it again!!! If you have a pretty beastly rig and put this game in ultra you will spend a lot of your time being amazed by its graphics. Story is Really REALLY good with tons of side quests.

Spoiler

CPU: AMD R7 5800X | CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i PRO | Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO | Memory: G.Skill RIPJAWS V DDR4 3200mhz 64GB | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra | PSU: Seasonic Prime 1300w | OS Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB | Games Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB | Media Drive: 2x WD Blue HDD 1TB in Raid 0 | Media Drive: 2x WD Black HDD 2TB in Raid 1 | Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D | Monitor 1: ASUS PB287Q UHD | Monitor 2: ASUS PG278Q WQHD

100% din't get the game on launch bought it for 35$ on g2a and GREAT game the gameplay is much better than witcher 2 and also the Story is amazing and if you want a general idea the story can be as good a game of thrones (some people say that and i agree).

pumped 100 hours out of it with lots of interesting side quests and Great story line after the game there isn't much to do and thats pretty much the only BIG bummer after the game the witcher contracts are boring but when into the story quests those are AMAZING.

also witcher 3 is something like skyrim but more graphics intense, less mods, and less side quests

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

Expensive, you can get it at G2Play for $30 and even then you should still pay $60 for it for the amount of content and play time it has.

With mods the game looks stunning.

I quite enjoy the gameplay, I have a blast

Story is great

Mini-Game Gwent is tons of fun.

Probably one of my all time favorite games, in all my history of gaming.

yup just the way i feel about it

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

I think it's 100% worth buying if you like those kind of games, pretty much if you enjoyed skyrim you'll like this. It's not exactly the same, but that's the closest recent game to compare it to. 

The story is really nice in this game too, and I much prefer the fighting in Witcher 3 to Skyrim.

>Mods

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Do not buy it for the music alone. Three or four "Nordic-folk-music" kind of songs gets real old real fast. IMO the music is the worst part of this game. (I'm sure I'm going to get burned on the stake for this.)

Great story. Great graphics. A lot of content for your bucks. Depending on your preference, you might feel that the controls are a bit clunky (or not).

If you're into RPG's such as Skyrim at all, it's definitely worth your money.

Great story. Great graphics. A lot of content for your bucks. Depending on your preference, you might feel that the controls are a bit clunky (or not).

That sums it up nicely.

Some people are so in love with Witcher 3 combat, but I am not. It never was a good part of this series for me.

Everything apart from combat is well crafted, though.

Do not buy it for the music alone. Three or four "Nordic-folk-music" kind of songs gets real old real fast. IMO the music is the worst part of this game. (I'm sure I'm going to get burned on the stake for this.)

If you're into RPG's such as Skyrim at all, it's definitely worth your money.

I actually listen to the music outside of the game and it not even my type of music lol. It really sets the mood in the game though!

Spoiler

CPU: AMD R7 5800X | CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i PRO | Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO | Memory: G.Skill RIPJAWS V DDR4 3200mhz 64GB | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra | PSU: Seasonic Prime 1300w | OS Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB | Games Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB | Media Drive: 2x WD Blue HDD 1TB in Raid 0 | Media Drive: 2x WD Black HDD 2TB in Raid 1 | Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D | Monitor 1: ASUS PB287Q UHD | Monitor 2: ASUS PG278Q WQHD

If this game isn't worth buying then you will probably be pirating everything.

Witcher feels pretty unique. The lore and art style is Eastern European, a rather new venture in the gaming world of today. Gameplay-wise, it's ok. The story telling, the characters, the dialogue, choices you have to make, the music, the atmosphere, that's what it excels at. 

Kind of reminds me of Mass Effect, not only in the way that everything you do always has consequences and you ought to think about those, but also in the veridical world in which you are truly immersed.

It's also a quite long game.

I want it, but I can't justify spending £50 ($77) on a single game. Waiting for a sale.

I actually listen to the music outside of the game and it not even my type of music lol. It really sets the mood in the game though!

I agree, I does set the mood indeed.

My beef is that there is nowhere enough of it. 3/4 songs gets on your nerves after a while, and from personal experience, going to Prague to record a weekend of scoring is very cheap. The developers have taken the easy way out here - in my opinion of course. I'm a musician myself, so I'm very picky with regards to that.

Are you seriously telling me that this isn't your favorite song ever?

CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.7ghz - RAM: HyperX Savage 16GB DDR3 Memory @2400mhz - GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 3.5GB @1500mhz - Mobo: Gigabyte Gaming 7 Z97 - Storage: Win10 on 240GB HyperX Predator m.2 SSD, - Ubuntu w/ Gnome 3 on 80GB OCZ Vertex 3 - 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Game Installs - 5TB mass storage - Monitor: 21:9 3440x1440 LG 34UM95 - PSU: Corsair RM 750w - Case: Silverstone FT01 - Cooling: Custom Water Loop

Are you seriously telling me that this isn't your favorite song ever?

Omg I just sprayed coffee all over my screen you asshole! :-D :D :lol: :D :lol:

I love the game, shit's all over skyrim.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

I do wish the game was harder though... It's probably hard if you just go straight and do the main missions, but for someone like me who likes to complete side missions and contracts before doing the main it makes the main quests so easy that it becomes boring. Even when you play on the hardest difficulty, I have to avoid using potions and certain signs/skills just to make combat fun, on the hardest difficulty it would be nice to be challenged, I should have to use oil's/bomb's/quen sign/Ekhidna Decoration at least now and then  -_-

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

This is one of very games that I absolutely don't regret paying the full 60€ price for. Also, I usually don't really care about any extras that come with a game but this game had one that I wanted: an actual physical copy of the game soundtrack.