My boss is a bully

chimmychunger

Ok so im 15 and work at kmart im saving up to get a pc.

I worked on checkouts for 3 months with no problems and then got moved to the floor. On the floor we have to make everything look nice and put things back were they should be. I have been on for 4 shifts 2 of them where training. When he tells me what i did wrong i aaccept that i did wrong but he says it in the nastyest way. For example i asked were a certin product belonged he said in the kitchen area i said ok he said do u know were in the kitchen area i said yes he said (in a really mean voice) I bet you dont) another situation occured when i forgot to turn the labels the right way he said like this (and showed me) but when i looked at him to learn he said DONT LOOK AT ME DO IT.

What should i do i often come home so angry

I worked at KFC for year... Just as bad. KFC Sunshine Marketplace, hated it. Anyway, I quit. I suggest you do the same

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

I worked at KFC for year... Just as bad. KFC Sunshine Marketplace, hated it. Anyway, I quit. I suggest you do the same

i would but im trying to set up a gaming rig so i need cash

i would but im trying to set up a gaming rig so i need cash

Go find a job at Coles, Coles pays awesome last time I checked

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Have it as a learning experience.  I use to have asshole bosses and put it up with it for years. Now i appreciate the awesome boss i have now. Stick with it and maybe get a store transfer if you can.

I've just kind of accepted the ratio of dicks to nice people in the world is 99999999 : 1. So I just swallow it since they're paying you. But do look for alternatives as backup, in case he wakes up on the wrong side of the bed and decides to fire you. I know it's quite a laid-back response, but sorry.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

Man imagine haveing 20+ bosses like that.

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

hes just training you. hes doing a pisspoor job but oh well.

heres an analogy. if I have a dog and I teach him how to be potty trained. if he pees on the floor I spank him and yell at him. I keep doing this till he gets his act together and quits peeing on my floor. eventually I wont need to yell or spank him and all will be fine. your boss might be trying this approach.

I have a boss whos mentality is kinda like your boss. yell and be all rude to get the point across. I, like you, need computer money. I set out to find another job, found one and eventually left my other one. I had this middle period where both jobs overlapped and dang...I was rollin in the dough

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

Gotta take that sort of thing with a grain of salt. Yeah it's arguable he's going over a couple lines, but you'll find the same story pretty much anywhere you go. Unfortunately there are no laws against being an asshole to your employees, so there isn't much you can do about it. If he starts to get abusive though, like physically pushy or he starts becoming verbally assaultive (if that's even a word?), you can escalate that up to his boss and so on. If your store has any sort of remote ethics or care for its employees, he'll be fired. If he isn't, then it might be time to muster some patience with that new rig and find a new job somewhere else.

Blackout - Intel Core i5-4670K | Xigmatek Dark Knight II Nighthawk Ed. | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 (2GB) | 8GB Corsair Vengeance Mem. | Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H Mobo | 250GB Samsung 840 Series SSD | 1TB WD Black HDD | Seasonic Platinum SS-660XP2 660w PSU

There's not really a lot you can do really.

a) accept it

b  quit your job

c) get other employees to sign up a petition against him...although I doubt that's gonna work..

There's a time and place for everything! But not now. - Professor Oak

i7 2600K 4.3GHz  -  GTX 1060 3GB  - ASUS P8Z68-V - 16GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - EIZO 1080p 120Hz VA

Intel Skulltrail: 2x Core 2 Quad QX9775 - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-800 CL5 Quad Channel

EVGA SR-2 Classified - 2x Xeon X5675 4.2GHz - 24GB DDR3-1830 C10 Triple Channel

Intel Skulltrail #2: 2x Xeon E5472  - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-667 CL5 Quad Channel

I would go up to him and confront him. Go up to him and ask "What is your *insert curse word of choice* problem? Why are you being such a prick to me?". Then again, I always was anti-authoritarian and have never had a real job with a boss, so I might not be the best person to ask.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I'm 44, you have my permission.

that reminds me of this

Just put a tampon in his gas tank.. :P

Then laugh at him when his car won't start..

Now that I'll likely have the NSA, FBI and Chris Hansen on my ass, I'll switch my suggestion to this.

Just ignore him and be happy you have a job at your age, I would work with someone who was like that just so I had a job.

Punch him right in his mouth!!!

But maybe that's why i got fired when i was your age.. :lol:

That must have hurt (since the one strong arm thing)

Calling him out and cursing, etc, is not necessary because you don't really know what's going on in his life. Maybe he's just taking his frustration out on and you're making it easy for him by being quiet. I'm not saying you should care about what his life is like, I'm just saying it's a possibility.

Screaming and yelling won't do very much. You most probably will end up getting fired for it and you won't be accomplishing anything unless you want to get fired, but as far as you said the only problem you seem to be have is your bosses negative attitude towards you.

I suggest you confront him about the way he talks to you but be respectful about it, stay calm, lower your voice and breathe into your balls (Elliot Hulse advice).

Here's what I'd say, (I'll just use Bob as his name): 

"Hey Bob, I have something important to tell you and it's been bothering me for a while now"  

*then you take a pause and wait for him to respond, regardless of HOW he responds you should stay calm and focus on what you have to say*

"I respect you and the work you do here and I appreciate everything that you're teaching me and I'm trying very hard to follow the instructions that you've set out for me. However, I do not like the manner in which you speak to me often and I would appreciate it if you could show me a little respect when you do."

If he says; "Then quit! Why should I respect you? You're just a kid, respect needs to be earned!" 

I think it's time you found yourself another job. He's just being an a**hole BUT you gave him something to think about. 

Rest assured he'll be thinking about what you told him for a while and believe me you'll feel really good and you'll feel like you've accomplished something and in reality you have.

Elliot Hulse explains how you should a handle a similar situation but a lot better than I ever could. I suggest you watch this.

Punch him right in his mouth!!!

That is a good idea but not the most legal way of dealing with the issue :P

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

most bosses are pricks and bullyish.  just remember he's probably a little angrier because he's not 15 anymore but still works at k mart.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Sorry to hear that your boss is causing you grief, but unfortunately you're kind of in a "deal with it or leave" situation.  Nothing you've described is really grounds for any kind of retaliatory action on the company's part.  I know you said you need money for a computer and I feel for you, but you may have to decide if the job is worth putting up with his crap.

As said above, he may have other issues in his life that you don't know about.  Granted, he shouldn't be taking his problems out on you but the world is full of unfairness.  Remember, just because someone has a bad day/week/etc and vents their frustration inappropriately doesn't make them a bad person. 

Whether that's the case or not, don't let his negativity drag you down.  Sometimes you have to take the high road in life even if it's occasionally a lonely journey.

Hope everything works out for you however you decide to handle it.

Just as a personal aside though, I honestly feel the term "bully" and "bullying" are being entirely overused.  When I was growing up that was a term used to describe the socially awkward kid who developed before everyone else.  Nowadays it seems to encompass any kind of negative behavior by anyone of any age.