My boss is a bully

chimmychunger

he's probably a little angrier because he's not 15 anymore but still works at k mart.

Shit, that is a very good point :)

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I had a boss like that once..

When i had my own business i was doing 3 freelance jobs in gothenburg. once of the jobs was making the foundation for a building on a school.

And the foreman was the most obnoxious ******* guy. His attitude towards me made it clear that he thought that a 21 year old couldn't possibly be intelligent.

During this job i suffered an engine blow on my excavator and had to spend 6000$ to replace it. And lost about 5 days of work.
In the end this caused the job to be ONE day late... The foreman was quick to capitalize on this and pulled some strings..
Then he comes up to me and tells me that he's made sure that i would have to pay back every bit of the money i earned on this job and more...
(this was the biggest job i had taken on to this point and losing about 30.000$ made me lose the company in the weeks after that.)

459869_3953799842509_843925534_o_zpsebbb

I made the foundation for the house behind the ramp and the ramp itself.
But anyway. The foreman told me that he'd make me pay back everything (because it was one day late) and i lost it
I punched him in the face before loading up my excavator on my lorry and went home.
my point is. It could be worse
But try discussing it with the guy and if he's just one of those incurable a**holes you might wanna concider another place to work

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Go in and talk with management, when you're not angry and can explain how you feel cool and collectively. Maybe go in on a day off? If they don't take it well or don't do anything about it, quit. If you can work at Kmart I'm sure there are plenty of other places that you can work, and most would likely be less stressful.

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

Tell him next time:

Hey man, can you try not to be a complete tool? You are very unpleasant and I hate you for it. Thank you for listening and now buzz off.

Welcome to the real world....

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Welcome to the real world....

Nope, humans must have respect for each other.

Not in the real world the don't mate.

The world is a very harsh place

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Nope, humans must have respect for each other.

An idealistic view that I wish you could hold forever, but unfortunately the more experience you gain the more you'll realise that humans are just selfish by nature, we don't really care about others and anyone who does has learnt it from a cultural or philosophical adoption.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Not in the real world the don't mate.

The world is a very harsh place

I live by that ideal as does my family and my friends too.

'Real world' doesn't have to mean you have to treat each other like crap.

I had a boss which treated me badly once, I quit.

An idealistic view that I wish you could hold forever, but unfortunately the more experience you gain the more you'll realise that humans are just selfish by nature, we don't really care about others and anyone who does has learnt it from a cultural or philosophical adoption.

That's true, but that doesn't mean we have to be assholes for no reason.

And then actually thinking the hurt person will just take it? Under the excuse of 'this is the real world' ?

No, man, no it doesn't work that way.

We evolved from savages, but that doesn't mean we can't be reasonable human beings now.

He most likely hates his job lol.

I've noticed that with some people they have little patients for new workers, and also teenagers.

My advice is to work really hard, and only ask questions when you're really stuck, don't complain, and show you have a good attitude.

It may be rough for the first few months but you will get the hand of most of the stuff 6 months into it.

Don't forget that he gets in trouble from his boss when what he has to do isn't done.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

That's true, but that doesn't mean we have to be assholes for no reason.

And then actually thinking the hurt person will just take it? Under the excuse of 'this is the real world' ?

No, man, no it doesn't work that way.

We evolved from savages, but that doesn't mean we can't be reasonable human beings now.

You are unbelievable naive....

You are unbelievable naive....

I am not, you simply lack common decency, why don't you go offend some random people if you really think that's the way the world works.

Go ahead, because that is exactly what you are saying.

OP said his boss offended him, and your excuse is: that's how the world works.

Maybe if you're an animal or a douchebag trying to be an alpha male then that is how you behave (not meaning you), but my friends and I don't roll that way, neither does any self-respecting human being, okay?

I guess next time I will let somebody call me a random name for no reason and just let them get away with it. :) Or I could do the right thing and show them that they were wrong.

But by all means, behave angrily and insult people, you will soon find yourself to be hated by the people you do that to.

There are so many people like this anyway, at least he isn't physically abusing you or anything. If it's just him venting, it's not much different from what youy

wow, your lucky to even have a job, here no place will hire under 16 years old and most places are 18+

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

wow, your lucky to even have a job, here no place will hire under 16 years old and most places are 18+

Then you have a reason not to work, look at my situation, people look at me like I'm some scum loser because I'm at working age yet I don't have a job.

That makes you feel like shit.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Then you have a reason not to work, look at my situation, people look at me like I'm some scum loser because I'm at working age yet I don't have a job.

That makes you feel like shit.

I'm the same, and I don't care. :)

You have to learn to brush their opinion about you off.

I can, humanity is humanity, we are the same all around the world. People are a**sholes get used to it.

Yes, in areas of extreme poverty yes. :)

His boss is just an asshole for the sake of being an asshole, money didn't affect his decision to be vile against the OP, in fact it could stimulate his income for the better if he answered OP nicely so OP knows what to do in order to work better.

Defending his scumbag boss is bullshit imo.

His boss is just an asshole for the sake of being an asshole, money didn't affect his decision to be vile against the OP, in fact it could stimulate his income for the better if he answered OP nicely so OP knows what to do in order to work better.

I'd rather take bullshit and have a job than have no job, I've been unemployed for 3 years and it f**king blows lol

Put yourself in his shoes. Not only does he have to manage a workforce, but he also answers to his bosses, which are probably worse than him. Sure, that doesn't give him the right to be a jerk, but just look at it through his eyes.

@mr moose @coolkingler1 @super_skank:

Stop hijacking the thread with your arguments. I've already removed 3 pages worth of your back and forths and this is where it stops. Reply only if you have something to say RE: the thread and NOT to insult or patronize a fellow member.

@mr moose @coolkingler1 @super_skank:

Stop hijacking the thread with your arguments. I've already removed 3 pages worth of your back and forths and this is where it stops. Reply only if you have something to say RE: the thread and NOT to insult or patronize a fellow member.

Thank you for doing that :)

There should be some form of human resources where you can file a complaint. If they actually follow the laws you should be able to report your supervisor and if there is any repercussion such as getting fired you would have the ability to sue (as long as they don't have a valid reason for getting fired).

You should also be able to see about transferring to a different department or different supervisor.

You may also be able to go to another supervisor for advise.

I'll be very honest, in most cases it's having to deal with other employees that make people hate their jobs. I know a lot of people who like their jobs but are in bad moods all the time because management sucks.

Welcome to the REAL world.

People aren't defending that behavior, it's just a fact of life.

Welcome to the REAL world.

People aren't defending that behavior, it's just a fact of life.

Would you stop quoting that cliche and overused line.